Page 41 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

drop this BK on the bench for Covic rubbish.

After Italy win the Euro's I want JVS working his Juve contacts to get Buffon out here to keep BK on the bench.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35;1***67
    drop this BK on the bench for Covic rubbish.

After Italy win the Euro's I want JVS working his Juve contacts to get Buffon out here to keep BK on the bench.
    bigger signing than del peiro for sydney fc me thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET;1***60
    Negative everyone rates players differently. I stand by my BK point of view if others dont rate him fair enough. Ill be happy with BK or Duncan
    Pussy..

so we'll get all these players that we want or dont want then start the climb to champions league. Apparently all players are going to improve more than other clubs as well. Lee has some good stuff. Was he ever in charge of Chinese swimmers?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk;1***96
    so we'll get all these players that we want or dont want then start the climb to champions league. Apparently all players are going to improve more than other clubs as well. Lee has some good stuff. Was he ever in charge of Chinese swimmers?
    Yep

The new Chinese overlord so far has offered very little

3 year goal to make ACL

By signing no names and rejects of other clubs??

Bloke has very little ambition it would seem

Good thing is he is keeping expectations very low as he is promising us 2/3 of sweet **** all right now

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yep

The new Chinese overlord so far has offered very little

3 year goal to make ACL

By signing no names and rejects of other clubs??

Bloke has very little ambition it would seem

Good thing is he is keeping expectations very low as he is promising us 2/3 of sweet **** all right now
    He hasn't taken over the club yet. Let's get to the end of June, wait 6 days into July and then you can slam him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He hasn't taken over the club yet. Let's get to the end of June, wait 6 days into July and then you can slam him.
    essentially.

I havent given up on him but just wondering when/where the improvement is going to commence.

There's still time and hopefully $ to make this happen but I would like a couple a intelligent signings soon not just scrambling for the usual rejects.

Covic is becoming stiff and losing agility with age. I think he would be a liability, and BK is a much better option for the price.

Its now official, Hoole is back..

Newcastle Jets are pleased to confirm that the club has welcomed home locally born and bred attacking ace Andrew Hoole from Sydney FC for the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 season.

Hoole has represented Australia at a variety of youth levels in the past, and came through the respected Broadmeadow Magic Football Club during his days as a youth player in Newcastle.

Following his time with Magic Hoole progressed through the Newcastle Jets Youth system, and then made the jump into the Hyundai A-League.

Hoole made 50 Hyundai A-League appearances for the Jets between 2013 and 2015, and earned the club’s 2015 Player of the Year prize for his standout performances throughout the 2014/15 campaign.

Hoole swapped Hunter for Allianz Stadium last season, however will now return to his hometown club on a one-season contract.

The 22-year-old believes the Jets have made obvious improvements on and off the field over the past year, and is excited to work under Scott Miller - a coach who first attempted to bring the versatile attacker home in January this year.

“The progress that has been made at the Jets over the past 12 months is clear,” Hoole said. “I am excited to be part of the club’s new direction, and am keen to get to work with the squad when pre-season starts next week.”

“Scott [Miller] has shown a real desire to have me at the club, and I appreciate that. I want to work closely with him, the staff and squad to develop my game next season and help the group to achieve its goals.”

Miller said that while it’s a bonus for the Jets to bring a local player back to the region, Hoole’s ability and potential is the primary reason why he has been re-recruited by the club.

“It’s undoubtedly a benefit for us that Andrew is a local product in that he understands culturally what it is like to play for Newcastle Jets and the region,” Miller said. “However his technical ability and potential is what I look at, and in Andrew I believe we have a player capable of positively influencing matches.”

“Over the next 12 months we want to see Andrew go to the next level technically and tactically, and expect him to become a commanding figure within our squad,” Miller concluded.

The addition of Hoole to the club’s first team squad for the Hyundai A-League 2016/17 season adds to the strong local flavour within the Jets’ professional ranks.

Experienced professionals Nigel Boogaard, Ben Kennedy, Ben Kantarovski, Jason Hoffman, and the developing Nick Cowburn are also local juniors, meaning a third of the Jets’ current Hyundai A-League contracted players for next campaign hail from the region in which they will represent.
    Last edited by Bon; 21-06-2016 at 02:06 PM.

Brosque has been offered a pay-cut at SFC and has been mentioned that he may link up at WSW.
    At 32 I still think he has a lot to offer and at least we may have a chance of getting some points against the Smurfs as he always seems to score against us.
    Worth at least enquiring about.

**** Brosque. Also glad to see Hoole only been given a 12 month contract. Make or break time son.

Interesting that Hooles only signed for 1 year.
    Good as in if hes still crap we can get rid of him and sign someone better if we're splashing more $$ next season.
    Bad, if he goes good and we want to re-sign him he'll ask for more. Or if he goes overseas we get no transfer fee.

No coincidence that Brosque being out for much of the 2nd half of the season was a big factor in Shitney's fall down the ladder.
    Still one of the most effective attacking players in the comp.
    Agree though on Hoole, he has to perform this season and get to the next level if he wants to continue playing at A League level beyond this season.

Banned
    I think the whole foz should get a whip around going to buy Hawk his very own 2016-16 Newy Jets replica Hoole shirt with name and number on the back so he can wear with pride each week

Even get the ****er autographed for him

I will kick $5 in to the kitty to get the ball rolling

I think the whole foz should get a whip around going to buy Hawk his very own 2016-16 Newy Jets replica Hoole shirt with name and number on the back so he can wear with pride each week

I'll put in $10.

But he has to wear it, home and away all 16-17.

Have I missed something, what's this all about?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Have I missed something, what's this all about?
    Hawk doesn't like Hoole. Everyone is waiting for a rage quit from Hawk given this week's rumours and today's announcement.

Member is looking to add fuel to the fire.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

1 yr contract - how many are contracted beyond Miller's tenure?

I know he's said he doesn't want to leave the next guy with the "not my squad" excuse, but we could end up with the next guy having the "total new squad" excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Hawk doesn't like Hoole. Everyone is waiting for a rage quit from Hawk given this week's rumours and today's announcement.

Member is looking to add fuel to the fire.
    luckily no-one can find the old Hoole thread.... I'm a pretty progressive type. Spose I can see how he goes before judgement II occurs. I'd better see a socceroo performance

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    1 yr contract - how many are contracted beyond Miller's tenure?

I know he's said he doesn't want to leave the next guy with the "not my squad" excuse, but we could end up with the next guy having the "total new squad" excuse.
    Boogaard, Hoffman, Cowburn, Jackson, Clut, Alessi and Brown
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 21-06-2016 at 04:35 PM.