Page 22 of 54 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    It's obvious from all the posts here that Jones should be sacked an all coaching decisions should be made through this forum via polls with a slobs option.
    On to something - stuff the Knights model.

Let's have the first "community coached" club in the world. Team selections, subs and tactics for the week all decided by foz members.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    On to something - stuff the Knights model.

Let's have the first "community coached" club in the world. Team selections, subs and tactics for the week all decided by foz members.
    Google Ebbsfleet United

Jones needs to stop living in the past and stop making references to almost 10yrs ago. On top of that he was the assistant coach back then, He answered to Couscous. There is a plug for ya Gaz.

I wish the bloke well but FFS these continued references to days gone by like it was all him are seriously tiresome. So not quite Jones out yet but if the bloke don't get with the right bloody here and now it soon will be. As Jones would say 100% yeh yeh.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Jones needs to stop living in the past and stop making references to almost 10yrs ago. On top of that he was the assistant coach back then, He answered to Couscous. There is a plug for ya Gaz.

I wish the bloke well but FFS these continued references to days gone by like it was all him are seriously tiresome. So not quite Jones out yet but if the bloke don't get with the right bloody here and now it soon will be. As Jones would say 100% yeh yeh.
    rofl, fk yeah

For anyone suggesting Jones will do better with this own squad, what makes you think he has the ability to build a better squad?

So far Koutroumbis was a low-risk gamble that has paid off reasonably well, as was Arcaba in the very limited time we've seen him. Otherwise he's signed Sawyer, tried to sign Mark Bridge, seemed to throw everything at Petratos to the point where we're stuck with his brother, and plans to re-sign Mullen.

Does anyone honestly expect him to put together a side any better than what we've had the last 6-7 years? And his squad needs to be ****ing top notch because he sure isn't going to get an average side to punch above their weight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    For anyone suggesting Jones will do better with this own squad, what makes you think he has the ability to build a better squad?

So far Koutroumbis was a low-risk gamble that has paid off reasonably well, as was Arcaba in the very limited time we've seen him. Otherwise he's signed Sawyer, tried to sign Mark Bridge, seemed to throw everything at Petratos to the point where we're stuck with his brother, and plans to re-sign Mullen.

Does anyone honestly expect him to put together a side any better than what we've had the last 6-7 years? And his squad needs to be ****ing top notch because he sure isn't going to get an average side to punch above their weight.
    Point remains this is Miller's squad

So he has just been playing the cards he has been dealt

Next season he at least will have the opportunity to start to assemble a squad and build his team

Until then I am prepared to relax and stay calm

Maybe you should too

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Next season he at least will have the opportunity to start to assemble a squad and build his team

Maybe you should too
    You want another rebuilding year.

Get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post

Get ****ed.
    Which we'd get regardless whether we stay with Jones or bring in another coach.

I'd argue this is Jones' rebuilding year (playing devil's advocate).

The management team have a big decision:

a) Stick with Jones and back him in the market to achieve the goal of ACL in 3 years.
    b) stick with Jones but don't back him in the market because we really aren't sure we want him to spend the money (which says to me we need a change)
    c) Make a change and allow a new coach (6th in 4 years) to assemble his squad with effectively 10 places to fill. Needs to be immediate move to allow greatest time to recruit
    d) Make a change after Jones has recruited the majority of players he wants next season.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 09-03-2017 at 12:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Maybe you should too
    Thanks for not answering the question, I didn't think you would.

We seem to be stuck on this idea that a new coach will be unable to work with what he has and that every single player must be hand-picked by said coach otherwise he is effectively useless. Talk about a lack of flexibility.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post

Get ****ed.
    We got another year and a bit of rebuilding the second Millertime decided to have his little power game and lost with the Chinese overlord

It was him who was counselled to pull his head in but he stuck to his guns and got the arse as a consequence

Nothing to do with Jones that at all

Banned
    We seem to be stuck on this idea that a new coach will be unable to work with what he has and that every single player must be hand-picked by said coach otherwise he is effectively useless. Talk about a lack of flexibility.
    No our players are not good enough

That why we not getting better results.

Jones hasn't been moaning about this like GVE Muppett Millertime etc

He had just got on with the job

I liking what he has done with Miller's left overs and want to see what he can do when he gets a few signings of his own

No our players are not good enough

That why we not getting better results.

Jones hasn't been moaning about this like GVE Muppett Millertime etc

He had just got on with the job

I liking what he has done with Miller's left overs and want to see what he can do when he gets a few signings of his own
    A good coach should be able to get good performances out of average squads. Look at Leicester many squads with more money and quality but their Manager found a way to get the best out of his players and make them perform every week and as a result they over achieved and won the league. Yes he got sacked next season but thats cause the players downed tools. Hell we won the league with Jardel Denni Scott Tunbridge Troy Hearfield and Steven Laybutt. Im not having the not his squad rubbish anymore.

Jones has shown he cant get consistent performances out of this squad and his tactical decisions (losing game no changes till 75-80+ mins) and squad selections (mullen Rb no strikers on bench) are abysmal not to mention the way he has treated certain players. Not picking Haliti and Kokko for apparently not being good enough yet Hoole and Mullen play almost everyweek. Playing Nobby as a Lone striker when everyone can see he isnt that kind of player. Wake up Member were not going to make the Finals again and while the players need to take massive responsibly, Jones hasnt done enough to suggest he can take them to A-league finals level. RANT OVER
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Which we'd get regardless whether we stay with Jones or bring in another coach.

I'd argue this is Jones' rebuilding year (playing devil's advocate).

The management team have a big decision:

a) Stick with Jones and back him in the market to achieve the goal of ACL in 3 years.
    b) stick with Jones but don't back him in the market because we really aren't sure we want him to spend the money (which says to me we need a change)
    c) Make a change and allow a new coach (6th in 4 years) to assemble his squad with effectively 10 places to fill. Needs to be immediate move to allow greatest time to recruit
    d) Make a change after Jones has recruited the majority of players he wants next season.
    We all know option D will happen.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    We all know option D will happen.
    Jets love the D. No wonder we always finish outside the 6 and love to park the bus.

It would have been nice for him to at least match Miller's points total from last season, or even just beat the scum once. I have little faith he'll even do that and only Adelaide's collapse will save us from the spoon. In saying that, Adelaide have a nice run home so who knows, maybe we will end up with silverware after all.

Wouldn't mind us doing a Perth Glory and sticking it out and giving Jones the resources. Kenny Lowe was absolute horseshit in his first year. Everyone was amazed when he wasn't given the ass. He then was given the freedom to spend what he can and recruited extremely well. You can't honestly say that Lowe is some master tactician. He's got a no bullshit approach to the game in which his teams attempt to score more goals then they let in.. I see similarities in Jones's approach. Give him the freedom to spend what he can with a plan to build some serious depth. Perth are in no ways worldbeaters but they are a genuine top 4 threat every year now. I'd be very happy if this was the case with the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Wouldn't mind us doing a Perth Glory and sticking it out and giving Jones the resources. Kenny Lowe was absolute horseshit in his first year. Everyone was amazed when he wasn't given the ass. He then was given the freedom to spend what he can and recruited extremely well. You can't honestly say that Lowe is some master tactician. He's got a no bullshit approach to the game in which his teams attempt to score more goals then they let in.. I see similarities in Jones's approach. Give him the freedom to spend what he can with a plan to build some serious depth. Perth are in no ways worldbeaters but they are a genuine top 4 threat every year now. I'd be very happy if this was the case with the Jets.
    Stability is what we have been craving for some years. You bring up a good example.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

It would have been nice for him to at least match Miller's points total from last season, or even just beat the scum once. I have little faith he'll even do that and only Adelaide's collapse will save us from the spoon. In saying that, Adelaide have a nice run home so who knows, maybe we will end up with silverware after all.
    You know, I've had the same fear/thought that our slide has been that bad we could end up with the spoon. I don't think it will, but still. You look at our team and think "is our team a wooden spoon side" and on paper I don't think so - but if we end up there we will have nobody to blame but ourselves. We don't have injuries to blame our recent poor run on this time and funnily enough no attention is being paid to the fat we've earned 2 points from the last 15.

Jones still has a chance to beat the Mariners, down there of all places. And if the NiX under 18's game goes ahead you would honestly expect we would win that.

Miller achieved 30 points, which is by no means an insurmuntable total. I expect our team to win our last home game against the Wanderers - a team we've never beaten at our home ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You know, I've had the same fear/thought that our slide has been that bad we could end up with the spoon. I don't think it will, but still. You look at our team and think "is our team a wooden spoon side" and on paper I don't think so - but if we end up there we will have nobody to blame but ourselves. We don't have injuries to blame our recent poor run on this time and funnily enough no attention is being paid to the fat we've earned 2 points from the last 15.

Jones still has a chance to beat the Mariners, down there of all places. And if the NiX under 18's game goes ahead you would honestly expect we would win that.

Miller achieved 30 points, which is by no means an insurmuntable total. I expect our team to win our last home game against the Wanderers - a team we've never beaten at our home ground.
    We wont beat the Wanderers cause we expect we should. We only win when the other team is raging favourites
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 09-03-2017 at 02:45 PM.

love at first sight