Page 37 of 54 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    How the **** you fall for that when it you of all people who made the infamous statement on stats
    Probably better than being the bloke who didn't understand the infamous statement on stats.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If these goals are from players mistakes Jones either finds away to cut out the mistakes or drops them for a few weeks. He is doing neither!
    So who does he replace them with??

Same question you can't answer as the options ain't there

Go on name a side for Sunday and show me where you can pick players not deserving of being dropped

So who does he replace them with??

Same question you can't answer as the options ain't there

Go on name a side for Sunday and show me where you can pick players not deserving of being dropped
    Duncan
    Hoff Boogs Cowburn (cowburn has played CB in juniors and can atleast pass) Vujica
    Stevie U Johnny K (Poijak if not fit)
    Nobby Left cutting in Clut middle Nabbout Right
    Labi

Bench Acraba, Ma lei lei Sawyer Brymora Poijak (If Johnny injured Mullen gets on the bench but IS NOT subbed on first.)

Fell sorry for Kokko but we dont play a system to suit him
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Duncan
    Hoff Boogs Cowburn (cowburn has played CB in juniors and can atleast pass) Vujica
    Stevie U Johnny K (Poijak if not fit)
    Nobby Left cutting in Clut middle Nabbout Right
    Labi

Bench Acraba, Ma lei lei Sawyer Brymora Poijak (If Johnny injured Mullen gets on the bench but IS NOT subbed on first.)

Fell sorry for Kokko but we dont play a system to suit him
    Ok

Boogaard made two errors last week that costs us goals
    Nabbout has made two errors in the last two games that cost us goals
    Nobby cost us a goal last weekend

So there is 3 out

Now redo your team as I said players not deserving of being dropped because those 3 deserve dropping

Ok

Boogaard made two errors last week that costs us goals
    Nabbout has made two errors in the last two games that cost us goals
    Nobby cost us a goal last weekend

So there is 3 out

Now redo your team as I said players not deserving of being dropped because those 3 deserve dropping
    Boogs is needed for Leadership (as little as his is providing) and we cant have two young inexperienced CBs against O donovan, Nabbout has at least shown high levels of quality and needs to play in case he shows this again, Nobby has looked his best out wide left last year and first Mariners home game this year (Allows him to cut it and bend it top right corner or run diagonally across the defense for Nabbout Stevie U and Clut to try and find with pass.

Also Nobby and Nabbout mistakes leading to goals? I assume this was them losing possesion when the fullbacks were bombing on ahead of them?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

There is a lot of circling going on in these arguments. The member can't be wrong because his opinion is his own. Everyone in the world knows that Jones hasn't done anything this season to show that he turn us into a top 4 team no matter the sheep he is herding.

This squad also isn't good enough on it's own to make the 4 easily.

We win as a team and we lose as a team. Each manager picks a side based on what he wants to achieve and the players do the rest. Jones doesn't have the ability to produce anything from these players and the players don't seem capable of playing his system. But this isn't the chicken or the egg. We don't have to settle for one of the options. We can get rid of half the squad and find a better manager at the same time.

Sign the coach right now and tell them the budget they have to work with. Stop resigning any players for the rest of the season. Sack Jones as soon as loses to the Scum this weekend and then get started on the roster for next year. Give the players like 2 weeks off and then come back early to start sorting out the playing roster. Then give them individual holidays when they want to rest up and keep the rest of the squad training and slowly fill in the gaps with new signings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Boogs is needed for Leadership (as little as his is providing) and we cant have two young inexperienced CBs against O donovan, Nabbout has at least shown high levels of quality and needs to play in case he shows this again, Nobby has looked his best out wide left last year and first Mariners home game this year (Allows him to cut it and bend it top right corner or run diagonally across the defense for Nabbout Stevie U and Clut to try and find with pass.

Also Nobby and Nabbout mistakes leading to goals? I assume this was them losing possesion when the fullbacks were bombing on ahead of them?
    Nabbout was responsible bfor heading a ball from near the goal line to the penalty spot costing us 3rd goal v Nix

He also was involved in the abysmal defending for the 2nd WSW goal

So yeah they cost goals

As for Nordstrand error may have been at the other end
    But it still cost a goal.

As for Boogaard he still has made errors

So as I said before all 3 are out. Stop making excuses for them

You said Jones should drop blokes making errors

I giving you a chance to name a side and your insisting we pick blokes who have made errors and deserve dropping

So once again

Name a side with blokes in our squad who dont deserve to be dropped???

TBH if I'm a striker getting replaced by a defender at 3 nil down I'd be p!$$ed off too. Not the 1st player to be annoyed about getting replaced won't be the last. But to then be abused by the ASSistant coach in full view of tv cameras and supporters, very unprofessional and what could be called a loss of face. Said assistant wants to hope the owner doesn't think the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    He cracked the shits at being subbed off.

Walked past the players sitting down, reserve keeper put his hand out to high five and Hoole did his best effort to slap his hand completely off his arm.

TBH if I'm creating a league-high amount of chances for my team to do nothing with I reckon I'd crack the shits at being subbed off too.

Nabbout was responsible bfor heading a ball from near the goal line to the penalty spot costing us 3rd goal v Nix

He also was involved in the abysmal defending for the 2nd WSW goal

So yeah they cost goals

As for Nordstrand error may have been at the other end
    But it still cost a goal.

As for Boogaard he still has made errors

So as I said before all 3 are out. Stop making excuses for them

You said Jones should drop blokes making errors

I giving you a chance to name a side and your insisting we pick blokes who have made errors and deserve dropping

So once again

Name a side with blokes in our squad who dont deserve to be dropped???
    Just a thought, because i know you are kind of just having fun with these kids right now and don't actually believe everything your typing 100%...

If football teams replaced players every time they made a mistake we wouldn't really have any quality football teams. Players make mistakes on every level in every team. The better teams a) minimize the number of mistakes, b) try to keep the ball away from areas that teams can punish you for errors and c) work as a team to make sure you aren't punished for said error.

Now we aren't doing that at all but there are more factors at play than simply. You made an error we now have to sell you on and that will make us a better squad? Yeah? Maybe?

Jones really doesn't have any defensive Tactics so you can't really blame him but when his attacking football isn't working he surely has to take some of the blame?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    There is a lot of circling going on in these arguments. The member can't be wrong because his opinion is his own. Everyone in the world knows that Jones hasn't done anything this season to show that he turn us into a top 4 team no matter the sheep he is herding.

We win as a team and we lose as a team. Each manager picks a side based on what he wants to achieve and the players do the rest. Jones doesn't have the ability to produce anything from these players and the players don't seem capable of playing his system. But this isn't the chicken or the egg. We don't have to settle for one of the options. We can get rid of half the squad and find a better manager at the same time.

Sign the coach right now and tell them the budget they have to work with. Stop resigning any players for the rest of the season. Sack Jones as soon as loses to the Scum this weekend and then get started on the roster for next year. Give the players like 2 weeks off and then come back early to start sorting out the playing roster. Then give them individual holidays when they want to rest up and keep the rest of the squad training and slowly fill in the gaps with new signings.
    Agree with all your Points Frodo.

love at first sight

Banned
    Just a thought, because i know you are kind of just having fun with these kids right now and don't actually believe everything your typing 100%...

If football teams replaced players every time they made a mistake we wouldn't really have any quality football teams. Players make mistakes on every level in every team. The better teams a) minimize the number of mistakes, b) try to keep the ball away from areas that teams can punish you for errors and c) work as a team to make sure you aren't punished for said error.

Now we aren't doing that at all but there are more factors at play than simply. You made an error we now have to sell you on and that will make us a better squad? Yeah? Maybe?

Jones really doesn't have any defensive Tactics so you can't really blame him but when his attacking football isn't working he surely has to take some of the blame?
    Not disagreeing you can't keep replacing blokes as soon as they make mistakes

I would say that this current squad as more individual errors in them pound for pound than any of the recent Jets squads

That exactly where the problems lie.

Our blokes can go out there and get it right for 98% of the game. Then out of nowhere one of them will **** up

That the bit we got to rectify . Even the best fail from time to time. But they also succeed more often than not.

We need to be given ourselves a better chance by getting some blokes who are a bit more clinical at doing the job required

Not disagreeing you can't keep replacing blokes as soon as they make mistakes

I would say that this current squad as more individual errors in them pound for pound than any of the recent Jets squads

That exactly where the problems lie.

Our blokes can go out there and get it right for 98% of the game. Then out of nowhere one of them will **** up

That the bit we got to rectify . Even the best fail from time to time. But they also succeed more often than not.

We need to be given ourselves a better chance by getting some blokes who are a bit more clinical at doing the job required
    Look at us being all cute and agreeable, haha.

Do you think a formation change could have helped us during our slump? Or would the mistakes have just moved to a slightly different spot on the field?

Personally I think some of the players you have written off would do well under a different coach, however that point is mute because as long as Jones is coach we need to have players who can succeed with him as coach.

But there is a tonne of risk in getting rid of half the squad when the coach hasn't proven that he can compete in this league as a coach. Don't misconstrue that as me saying that Jones definitely can't succeed, i'm just saying that he hasn't yet.

I do however know of a certain Italian Manager who is currently without a job who loves the Opera has an affinity with Asian Football Club owners??

I think we saw enough from various players across the season to suggest we could have done better. After we got half a dozen players back from injury Jones was saying "See guys, if we just had all players available we would have been doing fine." What happened after that run to lead us to where we are now? Not sure.

I think Kokko has been extremely poorly utilised. Its pretty obvious to me that he's a pretty handy footballer and could have scored more goals for us and been a lot more influential in games if he was used in a way to suit his talents.

Hoole and Nabbout were always going to be inconsistent - Member's comparison to Sterling is actually pretty good. But even inconsistent talented players while making a lot of mistakes will have plenty of moments where they put it together and provide for you - these two were doing that earlier in the season but not recently.

Clut has been frozen out for ages despite a lot of minutes earlier in the season where he was looking dangerous and was consistently improving the team's performance coming off the bench.

I think Hoffman is our best FB and does decently. Not sure why he was moved to left to play out of position to accommodate poor options at RB. Leave him at RB and play Mullen/Cowburn/JK/BK whoever at left back. My preference would be Vujica who while mistake prone looked lively and keen early in the season. How far might he have progressed this season if he'd been played?

Ugarkovic has gone backwards this season, he looked so composed and tidy last season where now he's inconsistent and not having much impact. Is this due to instructions from Jones to play a bit more advanced than the dedicated deep-lying / holding role he was playing last year so well? He certainly has been further up the pitch this season from memory.

Formation wise, if you look at where our squad has depth (in numbers if not talent) its probably defence. We have three serviceable CBs in Boogs, Jackson and JK. Possible backup in Mullen and Kanta. The flavour of the month 3 at the back formation may have been worth a shout. Maybe throw Hoole at LWB and Hoffman RWB. Noddy and Kokko up top as a front two. Poljak/Brown with Uga as two holding mids and let Nabbout drift as a nominal midfielder to find space (ie wide) to run into.

Anyway I definitely had better expectations halfway through the season of where we would end up than where we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I think we saw enough from various players across the season to suggest we could have done better. After we got half a dozen players back from injury Jones was saying "See guys, if we just had all players available we would have been doing fine." What happened after that run to lead us to where we are now? Not sure.

I think Kokko has been extremely poorly utilised. Its pretty obvious to me that he's a pretty handy footballer and could have scored more goals for us and been a lot more influential in games if he was used in a way to suit his talents.

Hoole and Nabbout were always going to be inconsistent - Member's comparison to Sterling is actually pretty good. But even inconsistent talented players while making a lot of mistakes will have plenty of moments where they put it together and provide for you - these two were doing that earlier in the season but not recently.

Clut has been frozen out for ages despite a lot of minutes earlier in the season where he was looking dangerous and was consistently improving the team's performance coming off the bench.

I think Hoffman is our best FB and does decently. Not sure why he was moved to left to play out of position to accommodate poor options at RB. Leave him at RB and play Mullen/Cowburn/JK/BK whoever at left back. My preference would be Vujica who while mistake prone looked lively and keen early in the season. How far might he have progressed this season if he'd been played?

Ugarkovic has gone backwards this season, he looked so composed and tidy last season where now he's inconsistent and not having much impact. Is this due to instructions from Jones to play a bit more advanced than the dedicated deep-lying / holding role he was playing last year so well? He certainly has been further up the pitch this season from memory.

Formation wise, if you look at where our squad has depth (in numbers if not talent) its probably defence. We have three serviceable CBs in Boogs, Jackson and JK. Possible backup in Mullen and Kanta. The flavour of the month 3 at the back formation may have been worth a shout. Maybe throw Hoole at LWB and Hoffman RWB. Noddy and Kokko up top as a front two. Poljak/Brown with Uga as two holding mids and let Nabbout drift as a nominal midfielder to find space (ie wide) to run into.

Anyway I definitely had better expectations halfway through the season of where we would end up than where we have.
    More truth bombs although I disagree about the defence

love at first sight

Banned
    Look at us being all cute and agreeable, haha.

Do you think a formation change could have helped us during our slump? Or would the mistakes have just moved to a slightly different spot on the field?

Personally I think some of the players you have written off would do well under a different coach, however that point is mute because as long as Jones is coach we need to have players who can succeed with him as coach.

But there is a tonne of risk in getting rid of half the squad when the coach hasn't proven that he can compete in this league as a coach. Don't misconstrue that as me saying that Jones definitely can't succeed, i'm just saying that he hasn't yet.

I do however know of a certain Italian Manager who is currently without a job who loves the Opera has an affinity with Asian Football Club owners??
    Risk??
    Getting rid of players who ain't cutting it isn't a risk??

What's really the worse we could do??
    Replace the current crop with just as incompetent players.

As for changing formation recently??
    I not a big believer in that type of thing unless you have the cattle.

It all good and well saying let's play a 3-5-2 but playing with blokes who ain't wing backs and try and making them isn't a receptor for success

Why have we failed recently. Teams have cottoned onto the realities of our attack being so dependant on Nabbout and Hoole. The opposition full backs are sitting back more and denying the space they were once getting

Issue is the lack of depth in our squad
    Issue is the lack of quality in the squad

These players have also choked on the burden of expectation. As soon as they got asked and expected to win they buckled under it

The last few weeks v Heart and Nix and Roar is just these ****s capitualting as the pressure was applied.

Nothing more nothing less.

To say Jones has lost the dressing room isn't true or even close to the mark. If that was the case we get thumped last weekend. At 3-0 down the players at least showed some interest in keeping the scoreboard resectable even if they didn't have the ability to deliver it.

If but nothing else, 12 months from now we will have some pretty awesome quotes from MFKS for our tagline.
    Or MFKS will have an entire "I told you so" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Nah.
    So who do we think is better, Jones or Miller or GVE. Go.

See, it can be fun.
    Miller, GVE, Stubbins, Jones in that order. Jones is the worst

disagree on the coach point becuase Miller did more with less of a squad in a similar time

Agree that no coach could get our teams too far up the ladder.

And another point that is usually ignored....our recruitment is shittest in the league. Usually caused by shit owners not spending much money and management for choosing inept players partly becuase of low budgets and poor judgement.
    Last edited by hawk; 05-04-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    Miller, GVE, Stubbins, Jones in that order. Jones is the worst
    Jones worse then Stubbins your kidding? Stubbins sacked lord Griff and went back on his word to the players about stepping down if he lost the dressing room

love at first sight

I think if we had have kept gve we would've made finals in one of the past three seasons