Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Yes, i understand that he needs us to show up to games to acheive that, but i don't think he would have any indicators to show him that we won't be here next season. We've won spoons before and still had 10,000 members.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We think we are rubbish but i'm sure Chinese investors don't follow the HAL.

You name me one football club owner that owns their club for reasons other than showing off? If you think people buy football clubs only because they are 'passionate about the fans' you my friend are delusional.

I'm sure 98% of owners world-wide want their fans to be happy but not as the expense of good business. Lee wouldn't know if we are unhappy right now anyway. He has 8000 members on the books which is about average for this league and we aren't getting relegated.

Quite happy to be proven wrong but everything he has done so far has been using us as a pawn in a bigger game he is playing. Nothing has been to solely benefit us.
    Roman Abramovic He loves football and does anything he can to help Chelsea win. Sure he's sacked plenty of coaches made some harsh decisions but he wants to win. Hell he's spending money to help us build our new ground. Hell he attends nearly every game, goes into the sheds after games to celebrate with the players, attends training and recently has had several lunches with Conte to learn more about football.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Whats VanStratten done wrong? Thought he has down well with Duncan this season and last season has did well with Birraz. If you were gonna sack coaches surely then the chinese assistant coach gets the sack to, does he even do anything at the club?

The two coaches should be the first to go and then whoever is bought in as new coach can have the final say with regards to support staff.
    You attend training dont you?? what input do Zane and the Chinese bloke have?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Whats VanStratten done wrong? Thought he has down well with Duncan this season and last season has did well with Birraz. If you were gonna sack coaches surely then the chinese assistant coach gets the sack to, does he even do anything at the club?

The two coaches should be the first to go and then whoever is bought in as new coach can have the final say with regards to support staff.
    His name is there because he's part of the current staff. I doubt Rocky will be let go simply because of his association with Lee.

And still, nobody answers my original question. Too busy picking holes in what I've written.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I think the question is: Why did Mr Lee buy the club?...... To sell lights in Australia? (Except the Member who bought a Ledman light, who else has?).... To sell lights in China?...THEN he needs Jets to be A-League winners and to achieved that / or at least go to ACL HE knows for sure he will have to spend big $$$$$..... If not what's the point to run at a loss the Jerks.....
    Interesting question. I think its to sell product in China. Australia, with 3 ACL spots from 9 teams, represents the easiest route there
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I think the question is: Why did Mr Lee buy the club?......
    Cheap a**holes at ffa sold him a dream, he bought a pile of sh1t.

ffa laughing at Newy suckers and taking ezy china cash.

Banned
    OK so there's lots of hypotetical statements/wishes/demands going around at the moment. All of these have the assumtption Mr Lee doesn't mind throwing his cash around willy-nilly - which I highly doubt is the truth.

I've got the sense the majority here want Jones, Boogaard, Kokko and to some extent Brown paid off from their remaining 1 and 2 (Brown) year deals. That all costs money.

Would you all pay out Jones, Zane, VanStratten, Boogaard, Kokko, Brown or "players" if it was at the expense of a marquee player and recruiting players outside of the cap? Because a new coach like Mulvey or Merrick (examples of names put up) it is reasonable to assume are going to be demading a much higher wage than Jones. Lee is a businessman and will have allocated a budget to the Jets. How are we going to spend that cash??

Where do people lie?
    To me the way forward is still slowly

We have that many ****ing problems there is no magic fix

First up it is gutting our squad.
    We will obviously free up spots with blokes being released but we need to get creative and **** off a few more.

As for our coaching department.

We need to increase the pool anyway so why sack anyone nd then just wait for natural attrition as contracts run out

FFS we are taking over the EJ so put Zane in charge of the 13s

As for marquees no needed

Let's just get our squad sorted slowly with blokes who have guts and ability

Paying Jones out??
    For what.

We need someone to gut this club from the inside anyway. You ****s already hate him.

Let him do the job

Fix the rest of the shit around him and when the time is right he will go anyway

I just spotted again your signature Member......
    "I am the light of the world,
    He who followeth me shall not walk in darkness
    But have the light of LIFE"........... Did Mr Lee originally say that?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    To me the way forward is still slowly

We have that many ****ing problems there is no magic fix

First up it is gutting our squad.
    We will obviously free up spots with blokes being released but we need to get creative and **** off a few more.

As for our coaching department.

We need to increase the pool anyway so why sack anyone nd then just wait for natural attrition as contracts run out

FFS we are taking over the EJ so put Zane in charge of the 13s

As for marquees no needed

Let's just get our squad sorted slowly with blokes who have guts and ability

Paying Jones out??
    For what.

We need someone to gut this club from the inside anyway. You ****s already hate him.

Let him do the job

Fix the rest of the shit around him and when the time is right he will go anyway
    So another season where Jones plays people out of position and freezes others out of the team. Not to mention no one wants to play for a coach who led a team to the spoon.

You're either trolling with your jones love which in that case mission accomplished but If you actually belive what your typing, I gotta ask what the **** have you been watching the past few weeks. Before you bang on about the good football a few months back. That was all through Nabbout and Hoole not being found out. Now their found out Jones didn't have a plan B or C and something has happened and he has lost the dressing room.

Unless Lee sacks the whole playing group theirs No way Jones can stay and maybe be successful if half of the players he lost are still at the club

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You attend training dont you?? what input do Zane and the Chinese bloke have?
    Yeh watch quite a few sessions in the week cause of uni, Chinese guy 0 input, Van Stratten takes the keepers (obvs) and then when keepers are involved he also is in the main session.

Zane takes a lot of drills as well and also stops and gives feed back to players when he feels necessary. To what input they have with team selections I dont know

Yeh watch quite a few sessions in the week cause of uni, Chinese guy 0 input, Van Stratten takes the keepers (obvs) and then when keepers are involved he also is in the main session.

Zane takes a lot of drills as well and also stops and gives feed back to players when he feels necessary. To what input they have with team selections I dont know
    Does Jones do anything then lol?

love at first sight

Banned
    Does Jones do anything then lol?
    You do understand that blokes like Conte Mourinho etc don't take every session at training??

It what the other coaches do

Banned
    So another season where Jones plays people out of position and freezes others out of the team. Not to mention no one wants to play for a coach who led a team to the spoon.

You're either trolling with your jones love which in that case mission accomplished but If you actually belive what your typing, I gotta ask what the **** have you been watching the past few weeks. Before you bang on about the good football a few months back. That was all through Nabbout and Hoole not being found out. Now their found out Jones didn't have a plan B or C and something has happened and he has lost the dressing room.

Unless Lee sacks the whole playing group theirs No way Jones can stay and maybe be successful if half of the players he lost are still at the club
    You do realise next season Jones is in charge he has 12-14 players that he wants ??

You think our current form continues??

You think we not going to do a lot of hard work in pre season to improve??

You think the left over players are going to be sulking or busting their arse to earn their spots??

No

Jones will just carry on and every thing will stay same

FMD

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We think we are rubbish but i'm sure Chinese investors don't follow the HAL.

You name me one football club owner that owns their club for reasons other than showing off? If you think people buy football clubs only because they are 'passionate about the fans' you my friend are delusional.

I'm sure 98% of owners world-wide want their fans to be happy but not as the expense of good business. Lee wouldn't know if we are unhappy right now anyway. He has 8000 members on the books which is about average for this league and we aren't getting relegated.

Quite happy to be proven wrong but everything he has done so far has been using us as a pawn in a bigger game he is playing. Nothing has been to solely benefit us.
    You completely missed the mark. My point was why show off a football club that isn't winning games and lifting trophies? Has nought to do with the fans.

Jones' only big move this year was re-signing Brown. Your move MFKS.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Jones' only big move this year was re-signing Brown. Your move MFKS.
    I got nothing to say to that other than it was a shit move that

Wait, what did that Mulvey dude do wrong?
    Didn't he win the comp then get rissoled?

OK so there's lots of hypotetical statements/wishes/demands going around at the moment. All of these have the assumtption Mr Lee doesn't mind throwing his cash around willy-nilly - which I highly doubt is the truth.

I've got the sense the majority here want Jones, Boogaard, Kokko and to some extent Brown paid off from their remaining 1 and 2 (Brown) year deals. That all costs money.

Would you all pay out Jones, Zane, VanStratten, Boogaard, Kokko, Brown or "players" if it was at the expense of a marquee player and recruiting players outside of the cap? Because a new coach like Mulvey or Merrick (examples of names put up) it is reasonable to assume are going to be demading a much higher wage than Jones. Lee is a businessman and will have allocated a budget to the Jets. How are we going to spend that cash??

Where do people lie?
    I wouldn't pay out Boogaard, Brown or VanStratten. Jones yes. Zane would be left up to the new coach to decide. Kokko is someone I would try hard to offload off his own bat. If they can agree to a mutual termination, which I think is possible, win-win. Boogaard is hardly the best CB in the league, but he's definitely not the worst. With more settled & solid fullbacks and midfield in front, he's good enough to do a job for now and get us partly up the table. There's also enough squad spaces open that we can vastly improve the squad and still utilise players like Brown who I think has more to offer under better circumstances. Our club needs a marquee and some players outside the cap, it's the only way we're going to attract decent players. I've said it before, but if a quality import is offered 200k in Melbourne, and 200k here, where do you think he's going? Even 250k to come here against Melbourne's 200k probably isn't enough. Until we're an attractive option, we have to pay overs, or rely on an impressive scouting network to unearth gems. The latter we all know is a pipe dream.

Roman Abramovic He loves football and does anything he can to help Chelsea win. Sure he's sacked plenty of coaches made some harsh decisions but he wants to win. Hell he's spending money to help us build our new ground. Hell he attends nearly every game, goes into the sheds after games to celebrate with the players, attends training and recently has had several lunches with Conte to learn more about football.
    Firstly, you are absolutely on crack if you think Roman bought Chelsea because he wants the city to have a wonderful football club. He is a powerful Russian businessman who spend his money keeping his mate Putin in power. He was one of the biggest Russian names to come out and start showing Russians as 'modern business men' but he is just a face of an ogliarchy doing very well for itself. He bought your club as a strategic move to bring himself notoriety and status. Which is the same as Usmanov wants to do at Arsenal. Kroenke only owns us because we are a piece in his portfolio. Same as the Glaziers, Fenway Sports, Shiek Mansour and most of the other club owners. It builds their status in their own country and increases their bargaining power.

That doesn't mean they don't want that business to succeed, of course they do. As does Mr Lee. I'm just saying that at this stage we are succeeding so why would he want to throw millions at us? Which is what is going to cost long-term to fix every problem that we have.

I'm with the member when he says we need to take it slowly and fix this club from the top to the bottom, or bottom to top, or East to West or whatever order it happens in. Paying Jones out just starts a new problem that will hit us again in 12 months. If Lee sorts out the backroom a bit better, and probably cleans out the top end of the squad then a new manager right now makes sense. But just changing manager by itself won't fix the problem long-term.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wait, what did that Mulvey dude do wrong?
    Didn't he win the comp then get rissoled?
    I'm keen to hear about Mulvey too. I thought he got sacked at the start of all that turmoil Brisbane had with their owners not paying and all the rest of it.