Page 43 of 54 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Firstly, you are absolutely on crack if you think Roman bought Chelsea because he wants the city to have a wonderful football club. He is a powerful Russian businessman who spend his money keeping his mate Putin in power. He was one of the biggest Russian names to come out and start showing Russians as 'modern business men' but he is just a face of an ogliarchy doing very well for itself. He bought your club as a strategic move to bring himself notoriety and status. Which is the same as Usmanov wants to do at Arsenal. Kroenke only owns us because we are a piece in his portfolio. Same as the Glaziers, Fenway Sports, Shiek Mansour and most of the other club owners. It builds their status in their own country and increases their bargaining power.

That doesn't mean they don't want that business to succeed, of course they do. As does Mr Lee. I'm just saying that at this stage we are succeeding so why would he want to throw millions at us? Which is what is going to cost long-term to fix every problem that we have.

I'm with the member when he says we need to take it slowly and fix this club from the top to the bottom, or bottom to top, or East to West or whatever order it happens in. Paying Jones out just starts a new problem that will hit us again in 12 months. If Lee sorts out the backroom a bit better, and probably cleans out the top end of the squad then a new manager right now makes sense. But just changing manager by itself won't fix the problem long-term.
    He may have at the start but he grew to love the club. Dont be angry cause Arsenal's owners are treating you like a cash cow
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    You completely missed the mark. My point was why show off a football club that isn't winning games and lifting trophies? Has nought to do with the fans.
    Same point still from my perspective. He still gets to show off that he owns a football club in Australia to all his friends. But yes he would be much prouder and i'm being very cynical in thinking that he doesn't care about us, i just haven't seen anything to think that he cares about us more than the rest of his assets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Same point still from my perspective. He still gets to show off that he owns a football club in Australia to all his friends. But yes he would be much prouder and i'm being very cynical in thinking that he doesn't care about us, i just haven't seen anything to think that he cares about us more than the rest of his assets.
    We all have to wait to see how much money he spends. Mckinna's words last night on NBN mean **** all until we see some actual spending. Mckinna didn't seem to realise we've heard this all before.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    He may have at the start but he grew to love the club. Dont be angry cause Arsenal's owners are treating you like a cash cow
    Stanny must have have found some of the old Koolaid we had lying around and it's turned. If Stanny hands you a cup and tells you how much he loves Chelsea DO NOT DRINK THE KOOLAID.

Can somone please pick up a fresh batch of magical Koolaid ready for the off-season, once we make 1 good signing you know 80% of us chumps will be back on here dreaming about the promise land of 6th place, haha.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Stanny must have have found some of the old Koolaid we had lying around and it's turned. If Stanny hands you a cup and tells you how much he loves Chelsea DO NOT DRINK THE KOOLAID.

Can somone please pick up a fresh batch of magical Koolaid ready for the off-season, once we make 1 good signing you know 80% of us chumps will be back on here dreaming about the promise land of 6th place, haha.
    I only go off what I see when watching Chelsea and reading news and when I talk to fans who go to games in England. The amount of money he puts into the club and the with how hands on he is. The proof is in the pudding. You wanna keep being delusional well that's on you.

Also Jets kool-aid? Im pretty sure theve been putting that in drinks at the stadium for years.

love at first sight

Banned
    Firstly, you are absolutely on crack if you think Roman bought Chelsea because he wants the city to have a wonderful football club. He is a powerful Russian businessman who spend his money keeping his mate Putin in power. He was one of the biggest Russian names to come out and start showing Russians as 'modern business men' but he is just a face of an ogliarchy doing very well for itself. He bought your club as a strategic move to bring himself notoriety and status. Which is the same as Usmanov wants to do at Arsenal. Kroenke only owns us because we are a piece in his portfolio. Same as the Glaziers, Fenway Sports, Shiek Mansour and most of the other club owners. It builds their status in their own country and increases their bargaining power.

That doesn't mean they don't want that business to succeed, of course they do. As does Mr Lee. I'm just saying that at this stage we are succeeding so why would he want to throw millions at us? Which is what is going to cost long-term to fix every problem that we have.

I'm with the member when he says we need to take it slowly and fix this club from the top to the bottom, or bottom to top, or East to West or whatever order it happens in. Paying Jones out just starts a new problem that will hit us again in 12 months. If Lee sorts out the backroom a bit better, and probably cleans out the top end of the squad then a new manager right now makes sense. But just changing manager by itself won't fix the problem long-term.
    We have the exact same problem we had when we got rid of GVE

We have the exact same problem when we got rid of Stubbins

We have the exact same problem when we got rid of Miller

Yet you want to add Jones to this list??

Why so we have the same problem April 2018??
    And then April 2019
    Etc

See the worst thing we could do is get a Mulvey or a Merrick in until we actually have the patience to fail

Can you imagine the pressure they would be under here to deliver results??

Get the structure right and build slowly and stop this never ending cycle of Instant Gratification and failure

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    We have the exact same problem we had when we got rid of GVE

We have the exact same problem when we got rid of Stubbins

We have the exact same problem when we got rid of Miller

Yet you want to add Jones to this list??

Why so we have the same problem April 2018??
    And then April 2019
    Etc

See the worst thing we could do is get a Mulvey or a Merrick in until we actually have the patience to fail

Can you imagine the pressure they would be under here to deliver results??

Get the structure right and build slowly and stop this never ending cycle of Instant Gratification and failure
    We all see your point and I agree Member but you also need a good coach to help steer the ship and build the squad. Jones is not this.

love at first sight

A good start on the road to redemption would be to say "yes, I f***ed up", take some accountability and "move forward".

That is what is pissing me off.

McKinna told The Herald "Mark's position has never been under the microscope".

How the hell has an ENTIRE YEAR gone on and apparently ^ not once has the head coach not been under the microscope. How in the hell aren't there daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly kpi's/reviews/etc?

And what about how Mark was sent off and had to sit on the sideline? In what world do upper management at least not peek into the microscope when a coach gets suspended!

I have even less faith in McKinna on this one.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    A good start on the road to redemption would be to say "yes, I f***ed up", take some accountability and "move forward".

That is what is pissing me off.
    Now would not be the time for it.

Once Saturday is done

The club has officially announced the blokes who are gone early next week etc

Then it time for a bit of honesty and self appraisal from the club to the fans

This is actually a positive here that they ain't doing this publically as they would have done in the past

Banned
    We all see your point and I agree Member but you also need a good coach to help steer the ship and build the squad. Jones is not this.
    No you need to start building a competent functioning club by not looking for some instant fix.

Jones is in a position to know what the issues are.
    Let him address them

Get someone else in and it another 12 months of rebuilding and then failing and sacking again

Get someone else in and it another 12 months of rebuilding and then failing and sacking again
    No, get some better players and a better coach and 12 months isnt needed

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    No, get some better players and a better coach and 12 months isnt needed
    There it is..

No you need to start building a competent functioning club by not looking for some instant fix.

Let him address them

And if Jones is sacked similar to Miller was before the season starts where ****ed again. Lets face it if Jones had shown he warrants keeping around then we'd all be in agreement, The fact that you seem to be the only Jets fan calling for Jones to stay says alot.

love at first sight

Banned
    And if Jones is sacked similar to Miller was before the season starts where ****ed again. Lets face it if Jones had shown he warrants keeping around then we'd all be in agreement, The fact that you seem to be the only Jets fan calling for Jones to stay says alot.
    It actually just shows you lot are deluded and impatient

A 9 game winless run and a few hidings as the squad has imploded ain't insurmountable to return from

FFS we were playing some good shit in December January

I am one who just hasn't lost sight of that.

Jones is the man to take us forward

It actually just shows you lot are deluded and impatient

A 9 game winless run and a few hidings as the squad has imploded ain't insurmountable to return from

FFS we were playing some good shit in December January

I am one who just hasn't lost sight of that.

That good shit was all through Nabbout and Hoole with a sprinkling of Clut. Since then Clut has barely played and Nabbout and Hoole have completely fallen off the wheel and Jones never prepared a plan B (Ive said this before btw). Teams and Coaches win and lose together and both have been a disgrace for at least 2 months. Get an experienced coach with some actual man management skills with the full backing of the salary cap + marquess etc as Mckinna has said will happen. Add some KPIs and whatnot so the next coach doesnt get a free ride for a season which apparently Jones has had. And for the love of god tell the players to shut their mouth and stop promising fans stuff like playing for the fans and doing better blah blah blah until we make the finals again. Hell id be happy with a players media ban until this happens. Also you keep using the excuse not his players/squad that the CEO and im guessing the Owner Mr Lee? said the coach wouldnt be able to use.

love at first sight

Let him address them

And its only more rebuilding if the Coach isnt allowed full control of signing players and doesnt have the full cap to work with

love at first sight

Anyone from this point can take us forward because we can't go any further backward.

Banned
    That good shit was all through Nabbout and Hoole with a sprinkling of Clut. Since then Clut has barely played and Nabbout and Hoole have completely fallen off the wheel and Jones never prepared a plan B (Ive said this before btw). Teams and Coaches win and lose together and both have been a disgrace for at least 2 months. Get an experienced coach with some actual man management skills with the full backing of the salary cap + marquess etc as Mckinna has said will happen. Add some KPIs and whatnot so the next coach doesnt get a free ride for a season which apparently Jones has had. And for the love of god tell the players to shut their mouth and stop promising fans stuff like playing for the fans and doing better blah blah blah until we make the finals again. Hell id be happy with a players media ban until this happens. Also you keep using the excuse not his players/squad that the CEO and im guessing the Owner Mr Lee? said the coach wouldnt be able to use.
    Plan B??

With what??

Nabbout and Raheem are the best option that the previous manager left him with.

So anything less than relying on them is not playing to our strengths.

Secondly that he previous manager left our attacking output stocks so low that we are relying on two blokes who were not good enough at former clubs to all of a sudden become the finished article says a lot about his ability.

What is also more telling is that we don't even have options in the squad to replace them if they are injured suspended etc
    FfS Hoffman is our next best option

As for the end of your post you may need to comeback into reality and out of the Console Game management view on things.

KPIs Marquees Full backing of the cap

Let's just come back to reality and get out of fantasy land where it all so easy in theory

You've just recycled what other people have put forward here Stanny. You still haven't taken that holiday yet have you? You need to chill and get some perspective on life. You honestly sound like the kid at the start of a Halo team deathmatch screaming into his mic "I"M GOING TO GET A WARTHOG... I'M GOING TO GET A WARTHOG" and then crying when someone else jumped into it first... And i loved that kid for his enthusiasm.

The member would argue with his own shadow if he could catch it. is appropriate with that man/myth so don't go feeding him anymore fuel, it just makes him stronger.

Jones isn't the guy to take the club much further forward than it is now, not a chance. But sacking him now will only make the club weaker as we will have to spend more money/resources replacing him and won't fix the problems that are hanging over the club in the bigger picture. The entire club needs to be improved and spending $400k or so to pay out Jones and then spending 3 months finding a replacement and then spending next year rebuilding doesn't help us fix those larger problem. It just moves the same argument back 12 months and keeps us on here sqwabbling over how crap we are instead the important matters like Full strength beer, Jets Shaped Hats and SD's new pool.