Page 45 of 54 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    You can have both.

It's a matter of finding the balance between the both.

Set realistic KPIs. Give whoever is to meet these KPIs time to meet them. If and when they don't, hold them accountable.

Jones would have, or should have, been given the minimum target of making the 6. He was given the time to stamp his impression on the side and get them into the 6. For a while he was meeting his target and all was looking fine. Now he is unceremoniously taking the team to the spoon and should be held accountable.
    So if you are setting realistic KPIs then you expect a first time coach who gets thrown in the deepend 2 week out from the season start, is left with a squad full of no hopers, has no backing in the transfer market from above at a club who haven't made the semis in 7 years at a club with chronic problems crippling it??

Because I would call that unrealistic to expect him to succeed in light of all these issues.

The only way this club can succeed is slowly by being patient and getting its shit together

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So if you are setting realistic KPIs then you expect a first time coach who gets thrown in the deepend 2 week out from the season start, is left with a squad full of no hopers, has no backing in the transfer market from above at a club who haven't made the semis in 7 years at a club with chronic problems crippling it??

Because I would call that unrealistic to expect him to succeed in light of all these issues.

The only way this club can succeed is slowly by being patient and getting its shit together
    Are you kidding me?
    How is making the 6 not a realistic KPI? Even with these current players.
    From memory it was the only major goal they set at the start of the season. And I dare say it would have been the goal Jones also set for himself at the start of the season.

I thought mark Jones / mckinna said at the start of the season that whoever came in wouldn't be allowed to use the excuse of this isn't his squad?

From memory they also set min standard of top 6 finish.

I thought MJ was doing a good job. But something nasty has happened in the last 2 mths.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    I thought mark Jones / mckinna said at the start of the season that whoever came in wouldn't be allowed to use the excuse of this isn't his squad?

From memory they also set min standard of top 6 finish.

I thought MJ was doing a good job. But something nasty has happened in the last 2 mths.
    You are correct but somehow this is a legit excuse for Member even though the club said it couldn't be used.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You are correct but somehow this is a legit excuse for Member even though the club said it couldn't be used.
    Considering the club's history of lies bullshit denial etc
    You still actually believe every word that comes out of their mouths as gospel??

Considering the club's history of lies bullshit denial etc
    You still actually believe every word that comes out of their mouths as gospel??
    No anything regarding transfers and player signings nope. When Mckinna handed down the conditions for the coach who would replace Miller I did and still do. Lets see how much his word means after the Sydney game. I still have some/little faith in Mckinna
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    No anything regarding transfers and player signings nope. When Mckinna handed down the conditions for the coach who would replace Miller I did and still do. Lets see how much his word means after the Sydney game. I still have some/little faith in Mckinna
    Good because I still waiting on this uptempo high energy passing game we were promised 6-7years ago by the experienced championship winning coach we recruited who failed to deliver it

Banned
    Also you have faith in the word of a Gypo??

Ohhhh this a good one

Also you have faith in the word of a Gypo??

Ohhhh this a good one
    In terms off field stuff and communicating with the fans, This the best weve been run since Remo in the early days. Would you rather go back to the days of Middleby who I recall was from Newcastle??

love at first sight

Banned
    In terms off field stuff and communicating with the fans, This the best weve been run since Remo in the early days. Would you rather go back to the days of Middleby who I recall was from Newcastle??
    Don't try dodging the point made

You claimed you had faith in a Gypo

Novacastrians don't ever say that

You two are perfect for each other haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    You two are perfect for each other haha.
    If only the team got as passionate as some of our disagreements.

love at first sight

Rhys has it. Something has happenedin the last 8 weeks that has turned the season in to the train wreck we all can't stop watching

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Rhys has it. Something has happenedin the last 8 weeks that has turned the season in to the train wreck we all can't stop watching
    Contract talks to start with

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Contract talks to start with
    If they professional enough contract talks dont effect them

For a start their managers deal with it. None of them are due a huge pay rise either

So none of them have an excuse for not aiming up

If they have been told they are surplus. Then they are fighting for their careers. Their response says plenty about their level of heart

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    For me it all started when Nabbout was named as a possible socceroos and topped the JW medal tally.
    Then there was the Leilei sale mooted and Hoole's contract was taken off the table all during January... then it all goes to poo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Why did Lei Lei disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Why did Lei Lei disappear?
    No idea. He's only missed the last 2 games, and the two before he was on the bench (Rd 23, 24). Before that he got a silly yellow in Rd 20 and was suspended for the F3 Derby.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    No idea. He's only missed the last 2 games, and the two before he was on the bench (Rd 23, 24). Before that he got a silly yellow in Rd 20 and was suspended for the F3 Derby.
    I wasn't his biggest fan. But he had that point of difference in the final third. I felt we looked a lot more threatening with him starting. Sounds like a fair bit going on behind closed doors regarding potential movements. Maybe they thought that was enough advertisement for him to be moved on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I wasn't his biggest fan. But he had that point of difference in the final third. I felt we looked a lot more threatening with him starting. Sounds like a fair bit going on behind closed doors regarding potential movements. Maybe they thought that was enough advertisement for him to be moved on?
    He's only on a one year deal. If we were going to make any money on him, it was January.