Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1061

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Getting legs Member....Bozza just said same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Getting legs Member....Bozza just said same.
    Same same as Culina

Comes as a TD

Falls into the head coaching role when GVE walks out as a candidate to do the job is already here

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Money on marquees will be wasted.
    Money needs to go into competent coaching staff.
    Not just the bloke getting the sack next April bit also to the assistant and Yoof roles as well

That no one from the Yoof can make it into the first team is a reflection on the Yoof team coach

That I can count on one hand players who have improved at the club in the last 8 years is also a damning indictment on the abilities of those working under the numerous Uno

The employment of a scout would not go astray either
    That would be one Clayton Zane, assistant and youth team coach has to go. Must take the responsibility for poor youth team development. GVE should also go have a complete cleanout and give new people with new ideas a go, cause obviously what we have at the present is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Lee has nothing to do with the signing of players or staff. And that's the way it should be unless you want to go back to a Con or Tinkler era.

What he did do is spend more money ever in the history of this club and employed a number of backroom staff.

But his biggest mistake was to employ a rookie CEO who in turn employed a rookie coach. Everything from there is Lawrie and Jones fault and no player is ever going to want to play for such a coach
    Well strap yourself in for another ten years of shit because this is Newcastle and in this town we know absolutely nothing about being successful when it comes to professional sports.

Lee has nothing to do with the signing of players or staff. And that's the way it should be unless you want to go back to a Con or Tinkler era.

What he did do is spend more money ever in the history of this club and employed a number of backroom staff.

But his biggest mistake was to employ a rookie CEO who in turn employed a rookie coach. Everything from there is Lawrie and Jones fault and no player is ever going to want to play for such a coach
    Just asking (not having a shot at you) What evidence is there of this? He spent the salary cap and nothing more - which is covered by FFA grants. The only other expenditure was the same running costs there always are and the purchase price of the club itself.
    As far as backroom staff - the only new bloke was the Chinese assistant as far as I was aware?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Just asking (not having a shot at you) What evidence is there of this? He spent the salary cap and nothing more - which is covered by FFA grants. The only other expenditure was the same running costs there always are and the purchase price of the club itself.
    As far as backroom staff - the only new bloke was the Chinese assistant as far as I was aware?
    The way I understand it is this season was run on a tight budget as the bulk of Lees outlay this season went to buying the club. I wasn't aware of any increase in back room staff.

The next season was supposed to be the big spend.

lawrie told "Soccer Stoppage Time" last night that he copped the brunt for the Jones Sacking. if it was up to Lawrie he would have kept him, seems the Chinese owners are possibly getting a little uneasy with him?

he was supposed to be their local knowledge and therefore lots of pressure will be on him to get this next appointment right. My thoughts are Lee's men will be very involved moving forward, much more than that to date.

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    lawrie told "Soccer Stoppage Time" last night that he copped the brunt for the Jones Sacking. if it was up to Lawrie he would have kept him
    That's worrying. LM out.

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    lawrie told "Soccer Stoppage Time" last night that he copped the brunt for the Jones Sacking. if it was up to Lawrie he would have kept him, seems the Chinese owners are possibly getting a little uneasy with him?

he was supposed to be their local knowledge and therefore lots of pressure will be on him to get this next appointment right. My thoughts are Lee's men will be very involved moving forward, much more than that to date.
    Maybe he's on he's been told "get it right" by Lee this time, so he's kept on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Maybe he's on he's been told "get it right" by Lee this time, so he's kept on.
    Lee left the coaching appointment decision to McKinna last year, because Lee didn't have enough time to get to know what was required in the Newcastle & Australian football landscape.

Now that Lee has had the luxury of reading for an entire season all the reports of injured players, that coaching has nothing to do with anything and it solely comes down to the players, and how no coach can do anything with the club, etc he is in a much better position to appoint some random Chinese coach and have the luxury of blaming every single thing on the playing squad. At the very least, the local media will back him if this is the case.. right?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Lee left the coaching appointment decision to McKinna last year, because Lee didn't have enough time to get to know what was required in the Newcastle & Australian football landscape.

Now that Lee has had the luxury of reading for an entire season all the reports of injured players, that coaching has nothing to do with anything and it solely comes down to the players, and how no coach can do anything with the club, etc he is in a much better position to appoint some random Chinese coach and have the luxury of blaming every single thing on the playing squad. At the very least, the local media will back him if this is the case.. right?
    I actually think there was more to the appointment last time.

I get the feeling Lee has an annual budget for the club. The bulk of that was taken up in the Purchase last season (and the costs in researching it), along with paying out Miller. That left us with a rock bottom budget to fill to coaching position. Either Miller or Jones were only ever going to be there until the end of this season, unless they had spectacular results. With the squad, that was unlikely.

Now Lee is getting hands on which makes sense if he is going to throw a lot of coin at the operations/players and now coach.

If Lawrie was OK with Jones performance, I am OK with Lee getting hands on with who the replacement is.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post

I get the feeling Lee has an annual budget for the club. The bulk of that was taken up in the Purchase last season (and the costs in researching it), along with paying out Miller. That left us with a rock bottom budget to fill to coaching position. Either Miller or Jones were only ever going to be there until the end of this season, unless they had spectacular results. With the squad, that was unlikely.

Now Lee is getting hands on which makes sense if he is going to throw a lot of coin at the operations/players and now coach.

If Lawrie was OK with Jones performance, I am OK with Lee getting hands on with who the replacement is.
    Sammy speaks sense.
    I have a feeling even Lawrie knew his mate probably wouldn't last past the season unless he turned water into wine.

agree!. i think we will see some considerable change this pre-season. no wealthy Chinese businessman would be pleased with the way a club like Newcastle Jets is run

The way I understand it is this season was run on a tight budget as the bulk of Lees outlay this season went to buying the club. I wasn't aware of any increase in back room staff.

The next season was supposed to be the big spend.
    There were at least 3-4 additional backroom staff appointed. I remember the Jets article on it in November/December

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    He spent the cap plus all the salary cap concessions except for marquee players (additional 200-300k on cap).

He was then offered an additional amount (approx 200k) in January but couldn't attract anyone.

As far as I am aware that is the most ever spent in the history of the Jets on the player budget. Most seasons we have spent above the cap floor but not the full cap.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...urther-behind/

Jones had 10 staff in the football department and 8 in admin.

Miller I believe had 6 at the most in the football dept,

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/abou...f1fbp840nt7ny4

Banned
    If this is the most we have ever spent in the history of the Jets then Miller and McKinna need lynching for signing such complete and utter shit.

FFS how much is Brown Kokko Nordstrand on??

Because it can't of been the Skips in the squad on the ridiculous money

He spent the cap plus all the salary cap concessions except for marquee players (additional 200-300k on cap).

He was then offered an additional amount (approx 200k) in January but couldn't attract anyone.

As far as I am aware that is the most ever spent in the history of the Jets on the player budget. Most seasons we have spent above the cap floor but not the full cap.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/40...urther-behind/

Jones had 10 staff in the football department and 8 in admin.

Miller I believe had 6 at the most in the football dept,

http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/abou...f1fbp840nt7ny4
    No ****ing way we spent all the cap. Pretty sure both BKs were still in the cap and we signed more rejects and whatnot
    Last edited by StannyCFCJET; 18-04-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Everything points towards GVE getting another (overdue) run.

Looks as though we'll finally have a shot at another championship.

No...you can't bring in your mate Jonesy, Gary.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    No...you can't bring in your mate Jonesy, Gary.
    I didn't think they were mates ? I've not witnessed any agro between them either - but when I've seen them at games they rarely if ever are in each others company.