Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1852

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

  1. #1761
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I think there's some pretty amateur photography gone into the snaps on here.

    https://www.newcastlejetsfc.com.au/n...-major-partner

    The trim and pants look more royal blue than navy and the gold looks really washed out.

    Where's whatshisface who does all the latex photography to tell us about overexposure or HDR too high?

    This looks good.

    https://twitter.com/NewcastleJetsFC/...13683428311040
    Wow. Massive difference between the two sources. I didn’t even realise there was meant to be a subliminal pattern.
    The Twitter pics are much better.

    Will consider getting, like most probably for the first time in a decade.
    What’s this viva quality/sizing like? Am I gonna be wearing a bedsheet or a compression shirt if I go normal size?

    Would’ve liked the away strip to be E and C lines. But don’t mind it. Alternate could have been an E and C tribute also. But would prefer a more navy blue.

  2. #1762
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,651
    Pre match shirt also has a certain appeal. Similar to the Socceroos spew kit.

  3. #1763
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Maitland
    Posts
    135
    I feel like the club has had a completely different vibe this off season. The house seems completely in order. Seemingly very good signings, all the right things being said, even the social media team has been killing it like never before. It's been really refreshing and very un-Jets.

    But this kit release is back to classic Jets imo. That white background for the sponsor is hideous. Some of the photos look terrible. Who did the sizing ffs they don't even fit properly (at least I hope that's the case and they aren't designed to be a super loose fit).

    I really want to like it but it just looks off

    Great to see the real Jerks back

  4. #1764
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    818
    I don't like the gold anyway, but this is crap. Surprised they didn't slap a green and brown stripe across the front to please peevee
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

  5. #1765
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,157
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I don't like the gold anyway, but this is crap. Surprised they didn't slap a green and brown stripe across the front to please peevee
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  6. #1766
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I don't like the gold anyway, but this is crap. Surprised they didn't slap a green and brown stripe across the front to please peevee
    What would your preferred kit look like?

  7. #1767
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,651
    Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    What would your preferred kit look like?
    Red and Blew! Go tha Nites! Newy’s only real footy team. Shood be more like em.
    Hi vis mining away kit!

  8. #1768
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    818
    I've already said, are you lot retarded or sumink
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

  9. #1769
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I've already said, are you lot retarded or sumink
    You assume that people on here remember what you wrote.. they didn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #1770
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    You assume that people on here remember what you wrote.. they didn't.

  11. #1771
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    throwing my ten cents' worth in: if we can get back to a proper shade of gold like the early reebok strips (not those almost tan shades in the supporters' gear options that I think may have turned people off it back then), Jets will be back on track again - even better if we can convince Jets HQ that cinnamon and emerald away is Newcastle Jets true alternative strip, if they need a nytes option just to please nytes fans who don't even go to our games, have it as the third strip we rarely need please...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  12. #1772
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    throwing my ten cents' worth in: if we can get back to a proper shade of gold like the early reebok strips (not those almost tan shades in the supporters' gear options that I think may have turned people off it back then), Jets will be back on track again - even better if we can convince Jets HQ that cinnamon and emerald away is Newcastle Jets true alternative strip, if they need a nytes option just to please nytes fans who don't even go to our games, have it as the third strip we rarely need please...
    I'd say last years and this years are pretty spot on for that old champange gold colour
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  13. #1773
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I'd say last years and this years are pretty spot on for that old champagne gold colour
    and even better this year as it's our home colour again Stanny, Jets HQ doing something right at the moment
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  14. #1774
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    even better if we can convince Jets HQ that cinnamon and emerald away is Newcastle Jets true alternative strip, if they need a nytes option just to please nytes fans who don't even go to our games, have it as the third strip we rarely need please...
    Agree 100%.

    Excuse the sh!t tier 5 minute MS paint job, but with this years 3rd kit being a Knights knock off maybe something like this could have been the away kit...

    Away.jpg

  15. #1775
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Agree 100%.

    Excuse the sh!t tier 5 minute MS paint job, but with this years 3rd kit being a Knights knock off maybe something like this could have been the away kit...

    Away.jpg
    Sadly alot of fans are also Knights fans and like the red and blue
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  16. #1776
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sadly alot of fans are also Knights fans and like the red and blue
    That's a daft reason to like a different codes kit. Next you are going to say you are a closet scum fan because of your love for the Eels blue and yellow?

  17. #1777
    Senior Member evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    674
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sadly alot of fans are also Knights fans and like the red and blue
    I don't doubt that's the case at all, the 3rd kit is there for them:

    Jersey-Alt-Front_1024x1024.jpg

    Away kit being E&C means all the boxes would be ticked then.

  18. #1778
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    That's a daft reason to like a different codes kit. Next you are going to say you are a closet scum fan because of your love for the Eels blue and yellow?
    Newcastle fans who support both clubs generally like red and blue as colours, Not hard to understand, So not sure how its daft as both clubs are in the same city, Same reason Tinkler did to try and unite the fanbases under the one banner etc
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  19. #1779
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Newcastle fans who support both clubs generally like red and blue as colours, Not hard to understand, So not sure how its daft as both clubs are in the same city, Same reason Tinkler did to try and unite the fanbases under the one banner etc
    I get what you are saying but the way you framed it sounds like they would stop being fans if red and blue went. The same way Tinkler tried to frame "but they are red and blue too so you should support both". Colours of either club should be completely irrelevant.

  20. #1780
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,437
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Newcastle fans who support both clubs generally like red and blue as colours, Not hard to understand, So not sure how its daft as both clubs are in the same city, Same reason Tinkler did to try and unite the fanbases under the one banner etc
    Pffft - even they don't understand heritage. This is the first Newcastle Rugby League strip:

    320px-Newcastle_Rebels_home_jersey_1908.svg.jpg

    Ring a bell?

    And in 1979 the rep side was emerald and cinnamon (colour a bit off in this photo but I saw it live - sadly I know nearly all these guys first names, couldn't name more than 3 x Knights these days):



    Red and blue being city colours is a bit of a furphy - I only remember the Amco Cup side wearing it in the 70s. Blue shirts, white shirts, blue socks with red trim.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 27-09-2021 at 04:46 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •