Page 20 of 52 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    Are you serious? Do they remove fans capacity to comprehend when Russian billionaires or oil states buy clubs....all of a sudden you are a big club......fmd if Players wages were capped you and the city fans would be watching a first division match every week...players don’t go there for the “history “....
    No player goes to any club for their history. Big clubs win big trophies and we've done plenty of that with Roman and the 10 years or so before Roman. Also without us the prem would still be only United and Arsenal winning it every year how exciting

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I stopped giving a shit about Chelsea when Chopper Harris left them.
    Dunstersaur I love you, never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Would be funny watching the forwards of today go up against Chopper, Many red cards and broken bones
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Spurs stink.
    We are so pedestrian.
    In our 2 games against decent teams this year in the EPL (Liverpool and City) we have been thoroughly outclassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    From this season alone I can see the following that COULD be better signings than Barkley.

Shaqiri to Liverpool for 14.7 mil
    Sokratis to Arsenal for 16 mil
    Guendouzi to Arsenal for 8 mil
    Lichteiner to Arsenal for Free.
    Joe Hart to Burnley for 3.9 mil
    Bernard to Everton for Free.
    Johny Evans to Leicester for 4 mil
    Kouyate to Palace for 10.7 mil
    Max Meyer to Palace for Free (Although he hasn't started off well)
    David Brooks to Bournemouth for 11.3 mil.
    Fabian Balbuena to West Ham for 4 mil.
    Ben Foster to Watford for 2.8 mil.
    Joao Moutinho to Wolves for 5.6 mil.

Id argue that Guendouzi, Hart and Moutinho have had bigger impacts than Barkley for less coin.

David Brooks has been the best cheap buy of the last few seasons. Has taken to the EPL like a duck to water.
    Ben Foster has been rad back at Watford as well.

I will agree with Stanny that Barkley has been quite good though.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Ben Foster has been rad back at Watford as well.

I will agree with Stanny that Barkley has been quite good though.
    I had him on my get sold list b4 pre season but he has worked hard even spent time watching Napoli videos to learn how Sarri wants his midfielders to play

Banned
    Stanny the funny thing here is your insecurity is on display for all to see

It is also indicative of Chelsea fans and their insecurity

I dont need to be convinced that Man U Liverpool Bayern Milan Real Barca etc are big clubs regardless of how well they are currently going

Nor does anyone else

It is just accepted as reality

Chelsea on the other hand are trying to convince us that they belong

The fact that you need to try to convince anyone clearly shows that you dont belong at that level

You have bought your way to the table no more no less

Same as your argument on Hazard being a modern great when he clearly isnt

PS You are in the Europa League also

FFS
    Sit down shut up etc

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

I dont need to be convinced that Man U Liverpool Bayern Milan Real Barca etc are big clubs regardless of how well they are currently going

Nor does anyone else

The fact that you need to try to convince anyone clearly shows that you dont belong at that level

FFS
    Sit down shut up etc
    Was waiting for you to pipe up. Really brightens up my day. Keep it up

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Was waiting for you to pipe up. Really brightens up my day. Keep it up
    Course it would brighten your day up

Calling you out on being plain wrong isnt an issue

Hazard
    Hoffman
    Chelsea

etc etc

Only fans underrate Hazard, Former players, coaches, and pundits all rate him right up there
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Banned
    Only fans underrate Hazard, Former players, coaches, and pundits all rate him right up there
    Keep telling yourself that

When he oplaying in the UCL ??

oops

Derby managed to score 4 goals to Chelsea’s 1 today.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Nor does anyone else

FFS
    Sit down shut up etc

I ****ing hate the mancs...seriously hate them as all Liverpool supporters do but I can acknowledge the fact that they have become probably the biggest football club in the world over the last 15-20years through results, board level management and marketing...real and Barca have probably caught up through ronaldo and Messi but facts are facts. The fact that they are ****ing it all up post fergy is a source of joy is another point which we all can enjoy. But Chelsea, Man city, PSG will always be regarded as money clubs....bought by some uber rich person as a play thing. Yes they may win titles and the odd champions league but their reputations will always be associated with their owners.

Quote Originally Posted by redwah View Post
    I ****ing hate the mancs...seriously hate them as all Liverpool supporters do but I can acknowledge the fact that they have become probably the biggest football club in the world over the last 15-20years through results, board level management and marketing...real and Barca have probably caught up through ronaldo and Messi but facts are facts. The fact that they are ****ing it all up post fergy is a source of joy is another point which we all can enjoy. But Chelsea, Man city, PSG will always be regarded as money clubs....bought by some uber rich person as a play thing. Yes they may win titles and the odd champions league but their reputations will always be associated with their owners.
    How else does one win things without spending money? Were the teams who got money supposed to just let the teams who were already winning things keep winning unopposed?

love at first sight

How else does one win things without spending money? Were the teams who got money supposed to just let the teams who were already winning things keep winning unopposed?
    Plague, how much money did that plucky team of legends from Leicester spend to with the EPL? And where do that massive club from Chelsea finish that season?

I will admit Chelsea are in the better European competition tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Plague, how much money did that plucky team of legends from Leicester spend to with the EPL? And where do that massive club from Chelsea finish that season?

I will admit Chelsea are in the better European competition tho.
    Leicester still spent money to win things doesnt matter how much or how little. United spend big but are on a downward spiral. Its about how and who you spend the money on and then you need the right people in place to take advantage of it. United and Arsenal had this in the 90s and 200s, Liverpool in the 80s and now Chelsea and City in the 2000s

love at first sight

doesnt matter how much or how little.
    Hah. Please continue.

Leicester still spent money to win things doesnt matter how much or how little. United spend big but are on a downward spiral. Its about how and who you spend the money on and then you need the right people in place to take advantage of it. United and Arsenal had this in the 90s and 200s, Liverpool in the 80s and now Chelsea and City in the 2000s
    United are on a downward spiral because their management and manager are idiots and cant get their shit together...which i pretty much said.

You are missing the whole point of the argument...of course you need to spend money to get to to top and win trophies...the point is some clubs are big through history and what they have achieved and how they have gone about building their reputation...others have been bought by billionaires and are trying to convince everyone that they are big.

Whilst I agree with the "everyone spends money" bit, it's all relative to the club. Leicester didn't go out and purchase left and centre to do what they did. They built from the ground up and didn't just appear with an open cheque book. Chelsea were there abouts but where they are today is testament to the Abramovich and the money he is willing to spend.

Chelsea haven't had the amount of players out on loan they have for the last decade because they bought smartly. They bought and bought and bought. Old managers have left new managers with massive amounts of talent that are unsustainable on a clubs books, so they have shifted them on for a few years. When they haven't developed, they've sold them and replaced them with more players to loan out and see what becomes of them. You don't do that without the money Chelsea have available to them.

Is it their fault? No, absolutely not. Fair play to them. It's just that the everyone else spends money tag, does not wash with the majority of football fans.

Quote Originally Posted by PC14 View Post
    Whilst I agree with the "everyone spends money" bit, it's all relative to the club. Leicester didn't go out and purchase left and centre to do what they did. They built from the ground up and didn't just appear with an open cheque book. Chelsea were there abouts but where they are today is testament to the Abramovich and the money he is willing to spend.

Chelsea haven't had the amount of players out on loan they have for the last decade because they bought smartly. They bought and bought and bought. Old managers have left new managers with massive amounts of talent that are unsustainable on a clubs books, so they have shifted them on for a few years. When they haven't developed, they've sold them and replaced them with more players to loan out and see what becomes of them. You don't do that without the money Chelsea have available to them.

Is it their fault? No, absolutely not. Fair play to them. It's just that the everyone else spends money tag, does not wash with the majority of football fans.
    We bough lots of young players to loan and sell them to make a profit. I dont agree with it but it works