Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You do realise that stability is the key to getting results??

Until we actually back a manager for longer than a season then this is just a never ending cycle.

It up to the club to actually show some ****ing spine when the next mother ****er comes in and has a rough spell

Until they do that the club's failings are down to internet lynch mobs running the club
    I'm all for stability, so let's sign and back a manager that actually knows what he's doing.

Just the same as Man United were unwilling to trust Moyes with their chest of money, and even held back wth van gaal, but were happy to let mourinho use it at his will.
    Jones was Moyes. Hopeful he could do a reasonable job with what he was given, but not enough credentials to focus a club rebuild with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Just the same as Man United were unwilling to trust Moyes with their chest of money, and even held back wth van gaal, but were happy to let mourinho use it at his will.
    Jones was Moyes. Hopeful he could do a reasonable job with what he was given, but not enough credentials to focus a club rebuild with.
    The other similarity with Moyes and Jones is that with the money Moyes did have at his disposal, he could not convince any players of quality to come and play for him, in the end he panic bought Fellani who he already had worked with, identical to the only player Jones was going to be able to get was Mark Bridge (until his injury scuppered that)

Looks like where still after O caravan. Hopefully he wont be our number 1 striker

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Looks like where still after O caravan. Hopefully he wont be our number 1 striker
    Why??

If he is our NO2 that is a lot of money wasted to sit on the ****ing bench

Be about as bright as City signing Berisha to be back up to Fornaroli.

Great to have such depth but in a salary capped league Suicide

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I am happy for him to be our No. 1 striker as long as we spend the so called large budget we're going to have on people in behind him to supply him with chances. He has proven he is a good finisher in this league, it is up to the club to provide the cattle to supply him.

Banned
    July 8th we are playing our Chilean amigos in a pre season friendly at Stade de Newy

Who will actually be in the squad by then?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    Who will actually be in the squad by then?
    We've got:

Jason Hoffman
    Nigel Boogaard
    Daniel Georgievski
    Steven Ugarkovic
    Aleksandr Kokko
    Wayne Brown
    Ivan Vujica
    Andrew Nabbout
    Nick Cowburn
    Mario Shabow
    Kosta Petratos
    Jack Duncan
    Daniel Alessi
    Lachlan Jackson
    Devante Clut
    John Koutroumbis

Plus the Youth team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    That 13 of the current inept ****ers of this season plus new recruits Shabow and Georgevski plus injury returnee Alessi

New Lynch mob victim March 2018 still don't have a lot of scope to gut this club properly.

Fingers crossed some of these blokes can be shafted out of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We've got:

Jason Hoffman Could see other teams enquiring about him but i don't think he will leave.
    Nigel Boogaard
    Daniel Georgievski Bet he wishes he had 'Petratosed' us now.
    Steven Ugarkovic
    Aleksandr Kokko i think he will actively try to leave unless told otherwise by the club
    Wayne Brown
    Ivan Vujica
    Andrew Nabbout Will stay here and hopefully find form again. No need to go elsewhere as he has gametime here and showed that he can play at this level just needs to find consistency.
    Nick Cowburn
    Mario Shabow
    Kosta Petratos
    Jack Duncan
    Daniel Alessi
    Lachlan Jackson
    Devante Clut i think if someone asks about him he would be thinking of leaving.
    John Koutroumbis

Plus the Youth team.

Other than like 4 of those players here we have the squad depth that we always look for.... but we somehow end up forming them into a first 11.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

And of our 16 player "squad", half of them are defenders, from the 2017 squad that coughed up the worst "Goals Against" stat in the league.

Bring your shooting boots Audax Italiano!!

July 8th we are playing our Chilean amigos in a pre season friendly at Stade de Newy
    "Laurent, secure your seats for our clash with Audax Italiano!".......Thanks for the mail Jerks....Quick get in guys I have no doubt it's going to be a sale out....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Yep

Only at a basket case of a club like ours would the club sign a starting striker for next season when they don't even have a coach to run his approval over the new signing

FMD

Yep

Only at a basket case of a club like ours would the club sign a starting striker for next season when they don't even have a coach to run his approval over the new signing

FMD
    At least it will piss off the gypos
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

"O’Donovan’s recruitment is a major coup".....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

we could defininetly do worse with our striker, dude got 11 goals last season in an equally shit team, I could easily see him doing better then that if (big ask) we set up quality dudes round him

not a fan of the two years, especially when our new coach didnt even make this signing

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    we could defininetly do worse with our striker, dude got 11 goals last season in an equally shit team, I could easily see him doing better then that if (big ask) we set up quality dudes round him

not a fan of the two years, especially when our new coach didnt even make this signing
    WSW and Brisbane were shy due to his wage demands as well..

Sounds like we've offered him a nice retirement package.

20 Goals in 42 Appearances, with the same quality of players behind him.
    We could do worse.

If we can get some half decent blokes behind him I don't think it will matter who the manager is.