Page 33 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

100% No to Holland showed everyone what he thought about the Aleague with Adelaide. Rather Kanta to Holland at least Kanta can kick someone whenever he plays

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    100% No to Holland showed everyone what he thought about the Aleague with Adelaide. Rather Kanta to Holland at least Kanta can kick someone whenever he plays
    No way to Kanta even if free, Holland can eat sausage

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    No way to Kanta even if free, Holland can eat sausage
    I dont want Kanta either but he is better on cheap coin then Holland on mega bucks
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Diving bans: Will retrospective action work?
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39969813
    Anything to reduce this scourge on the game is a help. Yeah there's heaps of grey area and the big clubs will probs get off more often but ever since that Brazilian a**hole diver Rivaldo fell to the ground like a twat it has almost fkd the game.

Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

It would certainly show how confident the club was with it's coach and squad.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    Only 25?
    Jeez Louise it's as if he's been in my life forever.
    So glad there's more of him to enjoy.

http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article...v19vh6oo9o74k1

Gypos got a new signing who actually seems quite decent

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    http://www.ccmariners.com.au/article...v19vh6oo9o74k1

Gypos got a new signing who actually seems quite decent
    Like Okon would have anywhere near the contacts Ernie Merrick has in Europe
    Disappointing to see that even the Gypos recruit better than we do.

FWIW the club that he is from is the same club Ange Postecoglu's new bolter kid in the recent Socceroos squad is from. I would casually guess that Ange is one of the reasons that players from that club are on AL clubs radars.

I'm always skeptical about players whom spend their whole careers in one country/area and then decide to come to the AL. Like Alivodic, or Kokko. It's definitely a gamble imo (well, I guess most visa players are a gamble innit).
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    FWIW the club that he is from is the same club Ange Postecoglu's new bolter kid in the recent Socceroos squad is from. I would casually guess that Ange is one of the reasons that players from that club are on AL clubs radars.

I'm always skeptical about players whom spend their whole careers in one country/area and then decide to come to the AL. Like Alivodic, or Kokko. It's definitely a gamble imo (well, I guess most visa players are a gamble innit).
    He's been playing 2nd division the past few seasons on loan - so I'd guess the lure of more money here would have been enough incentive.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    He's been playing 2nd division the past few seasons on loan - so I'd guess the lure of more money here would have been enough incentive.
    From what I casually hear about Kokko and co also, they see Australia as their "in" to the Asian market also.
    OK

Like Okon would have anywhere near the contacts Ernie Merrick has in Europe
    Disappointing to see that even the Gypos recruit better than we do.
    If we signed him I could only imagine the criticism levelled at the club for not aiming high enough, signing another drovandi/de groot/hakanson rolled into one etc. Yet as soon as another club does it, we assume he's quality?

when does the next season draw come out?
    Amigos Aarau

It also comes down to what kind of league it is, club etc...

I would take a bloke playing in the Bundesliga 1 or 2 and only there anyday of the week.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    If we signed him I could only imagine the criticism levelled at the club for not aiming high enough, signing another drovandi/de groot/hakanson rolled into one etc. Yet as soon as another club does it, we assume he's quality?
    Degroot and Drovandi to a lesser degree did very well after they left the Jets. Hakanson never overcame his injury woes from what I have read and was pretty much finished.
    The coast signing though is a central mid, 28 years of age who appears to be able to get around without the aid of crutches or a wheelchair - So absolutely no comparison to the shit the Jets sign.

From what I casually hear about Kokko and co also, they see Australia as their "in" to the Asian market also.
    Makes a lot of sense. I think our owner purchased the Jets to get into the Australian market / develop his non-football business interests.

Degroot and Drovandi to a lesser degree did very well after they left the Jets. Hakanson never overcame his injury woes from what I have read and was pretty much finished.
    The coast signing though is a central mid, 28 years of age who appears to be able to get around without the aid of crutches or a wheelchair - So absolutely no comparison to the shit the Jets sign.
    Anyone know why we signed Drovandi and after 1 game is never seen again?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Anyone know why we signed Drovandi and after 1 game is never seen again?
    He probably failed a beep test at training so GVE no longer wanted him. Also I think the language barrier and GVE's lack of tolerance for foreigners might have come into play as well.