Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Agree with the comments on Kokko, a good outlet who can link up with those around him is crucial. Having said that I thought Clut performed the hold up role excellently a few games back, I can't remember who against. Received a lot of passes under heavy contest from defenders, hardly lost it and probably won 5 free kicks from being fouled after beating his closest marker. Had a great first half and was subbed around 55 for Nordstrand. I think it was at home against Adelaide.

Hopefully it will come out as the season progresses why Kokko is still not involved, he must be close to if not fully recovered from the jaw but didn't even make the bench for last game. I really hope we get to see him play some minutes and show what he can do.
    Either adelaide or perth pretty sure
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

From I hear from people who watch traning Kokko trains well, always wanting the ball and finishes most of his chances. Im fairly certain he isnt playing due to Jones's prefered style of play
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Jets and Greater Bank putting on a few coaches to and from Coffs Harbour - fantastic effort by all involved. Get amongst it

Last edited by turbojetfireV8; 11-01-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: can't spell
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Shitcastle?
    Wellingshit?

Curious that if Rhys Williams goes as well that maybe the "bring em home" philosophy at Glory isn't quite working.

The word is he is going to WSW

SST, the guys with the best scoop correct ratio (1 in 65 million), said he was signing with WSW a few days ago, before the PG contract turn down was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    SST, the guys with the best scoop correct ratio (1 in 65 million), said he was signing with WSW a few days ago, before the PG contract turn down was announced.
    I could see Neville then return to Perth
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I could see Neville then return to Perth
    And ECP on Twitter will post the same "wheels on the bus go round and round" meme that he has for the last 10 years when HAL is nothing but a shuffled deck of the same players repeatedly.

Bridge has a fractured kneecap, so Jones is still keen on signing him - of course... what could possibly go wrong...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...plans/?cs=3398

It's moments like this that sway my opinion on Jones from passable coach who may improve to outright moron - why is he so intent on giving wankles a comfortable retirement plan at our expense? He's never been a Joel and he never will be, if we want to throw big money at him (and I couldn't see wankles coming here unless we were offering far more than he's worth at this point in his career with his best football being behind him), I cannot see the value in it, he was too half-assed to be a Newy legend in the days when he did play for us, why would he become one now when he doesn't even appear to fit the mold of the team we're building?
    This article from two days ago on TWG says we are out of the hunt.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...ing-out-bridge

This article from two days ago on TWG says we are out of the hunt.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/artic...ing-out-bridge
    SBS still reading the foz.

Would be sweet to have a player like Risdon come here. We will probs end up with Neville now. I didn't have anything against the bloke when he was here but I really see Hoffman and him as a like for like player.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Would be sweet to have a player like Risdon come here. We will probs end up with Neville now. I didn't have anything against the bloke when he was here but I really see Hoffman and him as a like for like player.
    I think Neville is better going forward which is strange given Hoffman started as a striker/wide forward. I love some of Nev's defensive work he did for us but most of that was desperation clearance type stuff after he and/or others were out of position after coughing up the ball.

I think Hoff would have to be a cheaper option... the whole local lad thing. I certainly don't think we need both, especially with Cowburn a longer term and local option for Hoff's spot if needed. If we sign Neville, we're not really identifying a major weakness in the side, barely improving, and that's not how you build a successful squad.

I certainly don't think we need both, especially with Cowburn a longer term and local option for Hoff's spot if needed. If we sign Neville, we're not really identifying a major weakness in the side, barely improving, and that's not how you build a successful squad.
    Bingo.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

There was plenty of talk of heading to Europe. May be letting his contract run down to do that. The 'move out of WA' statement (as opposed to 'my dream of playing in Europe') does suggest he may move to another A-League side though.

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...sheets/?cs=306

So after playing the most entertaining football we have in years and getting some results, it sounds like we are going to park the bus a bit more because losing 1-0 or having 0-0 draw is better than winning 3-2!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...sheets/?cs=306

So after playing the most entertaining football we have in years and getting some results, it sounds like we are going to park the bus a bit more because losing 1-0 or having 0-0 draw is better than winning 3-2!
    I don't pay much attention to any of Dillon's Herald articles or the shit he posts here on the foz.

Taggz thinks Newcastle players are shit
    “I wouldn’t swap a Perth Glory player for one of the Newcastle players”
    and intends to put a few past Jonesy' new and improved park-the-bus defence:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...round/?cs=3398
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Taggz thinks Newcastle players are shit and intends to put a few past Jonesy' new and improved park-the-bus defence:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...round/?cs=3398
    What else can he say though ? One of my team mates is shit you can have him ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What else can he say though ? One of my team mates is shit you can have him ?
    I can't think of what question would have needed that type of response though?