Page 40 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    If Brown and Ugarkovic are our DMs next year we may as well just forget it

Both are shit
    I think Super Ugar has potential ..... but agree about Brown, Finland is his garden he can share with Kokko...
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    I thought brown was a no.10? And him and Ugarkovic partnered up isn't really the partnership I think a lot of people would be hoping for
    He is a natural 8, said so in his first interview when he signed. Only the idiot continually played as a #10 when blind freddy could see that wasn't where he was suited.

I am hoping Ernie shows a little intelligence and flexibility not to constantly park 2 defensive midfielders infront of a back four.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    He is a natural 8, said so in his first interview when he signed. Only the idiot continually played as a #10 when blind freddy could see that wasn't where he was suited.

I am hoping Ernie shows a little intelligence and flexibility not to constantly park 2 defensive midfielders infront of a back four.
    TBF Miller played him as a #10 as well
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I don't see Brown as a 10 at all. But we had no other option last year besides maybe Clut. We are in desperate need of a creative mid.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    TBF Miller played him as a #10 as well
    In pre-season before we had completed the squad, big difference

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    I don't see Brown as a 10 at all. But we had no other option last year besides maybe Clut. We are in desperate need of a creative mid.
    Why don't we switch to a 4-4-2 or a 3-4-3 and negate the need for an Attacking Mid? I would rather see us sign one but we can get away without having a creative hub that other teams can mark out of the game. Hard working midfielders can help fill the void, lots of mongrel and all that.

But seriously, play with some width and try to give our slow thinking midfield more time on the ball? Just a thought, not anything worth reading too much into.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Why don't we switch to a 4-4-2 or a 3-4-3 and negate the need for an Attacking Mid? I would rather see us sign one but we can get away without having a creative hub that other teams can mark out of the game. Hard working midfielders can help fill the void, lots of mongrel and all that.

But seriously, play with some width and try to give our slow thinking midfield more time on the ball? Just a thought, not anything worth reading too much into.
    I would argue we play with too much width now

Judas Raheem and Nabbout are pretty much parked on the sideline too much

We need to condense the field more and leave the space to play into rather than holding the space on the sidelines as we have done for years

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I would argue we play with too much width now

Judas Raheem and Nabbout are pretty much parked on the sideline too much

We need to condense the field more and leave the space to play into rather than holding the space on the sidelines as we have done for years
    Could only imagine if we played narrow and through the middle. You'd be blowing up saying we need to play with more width.

Insane.

Really? Member is kind of right... we have played this style where we stick a winger completely isolated with zero support as wide as possible for years. All that Member appears to be suggesting is that you use the width as space to run into rather than starting out there and having half a field till your next support player in midfield.

yup agreed....Member is right here. Start of the year we transitioned quickly through the midfield and out to the wings and it worked. Then opposition teams started to figure us out and it devolved to long ball out to the wings against defenders who were ready for it. we need to get back to playing through there midfield

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Really? Member is kind of right... we have played this style where we stick a winger completely isolated with zero support as wide as possible for years. All that Member appears to be suggesting is that you use the width as space to run into rather than starting out there and having half a field till your next support player in midfield.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Member is right here.
    Could have stopped right there

You had said enough

Go direct pommy style. It will work at this level. We'll score that many we'll have to throw some back.

Then when they stack a sweeper we go round the outside like a trailer pk girl.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Go direct pommy style. It will work at this level. We'll score that many we'll have to throw some back.

Then when they stack a sweeper we go round the outside like a trailer pk girl.
    Would love to see our team actually try that, Stoke style. Get Kokko up top, O'Caravan, Nabbout and Petratos running off him.
    Even better, sign Peter Crouch to come and help!

I reckon Boogard would be heaps good at booting the ball up the park all day.

Jets not sure what the budget will be yet:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...budget/?cs=306

Burke returns from Portugal scholarship:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...tugal/?cs=2439
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Jets not sure what the budget will be yet:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...budget/?cs=306

Burke returns from Portugal scholarship:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/47...tugal/?cs=2439
    My guess...Kokko gets sold to Ledman FC if they are promoted.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    My guess...Kokko gets sold to Ledman FC if they are promoted.
    That wouldn't be till next year though and his contract would be up. I think it's ridiculous he's one of our highest paid players in the club. I scoffed when that was mentioned on your podcast. Decent record but it was all in Finland playing in front of 5 people.

#Nix proud to present their new coaching staff - head coach Darije Kalezić and assistant coach Rado Vidošić

Quote Originally Posted by &1gest View Post
    #Nix proud to present their new coaching staff - head coach Darije Kalezić and assistant coach Rado Vidošić
    But but but he is foreign so won't be any good, won't know the local players and isn't a mate of Lawrie's

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    That wouldn't be till next year though and his contract would be up. I think it's ridiculous he's one of our highest paid players in the club. I scoffed when that was mentioned on your podcast. Decent record but it was all in Finland playing in front of 5 people.
    That was the bit I hadn't looked up - when the Chinese 3rd Division season ends.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles