Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 21 | Newcastle Jets v C Coast Mariners | Sun 26th Feb 2017 5:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Meanwhile Jones dropped this pearl of wisdom in the post match presser:

“You need to be effective,” Jones said. “If you are a defender, you need to make sure we have a clean sheet, and if you are an attacker, you need to score goals. It comes done to that now."

Could work.
    Hard to imagine anyone 30 years ago coming up with such insights into the game. We have certainly come a long way.

“You need to be effective,” Jones said. “If you are a defender, you need to make sure we have a clean sheet, and if you are an attacker, you need to score goals. It comes done to that now."

Could work.
    Well, we can now safely assume he's read the back of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Could work.
    Well how about Mr Jones makes attacking subs for once or have players on the bench that will change the game instead of ****ing Kanta
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Seriously though he is starting to talk crap just like Miller did without the technical bullshit. Just waiting for the moving forward crap.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Well how about Mr Jones makes attacking subs for once or have players on the bench that will change the game instead of ****ing Kanta
    I thought Kanta moved the ball better than Poljak when he came on. His introduction was about when the Jets started regaining the dominance.

But the bench selection I 100% agree with. Someone rightly pointed out that we have 2 strikers who either haven't played recently or don't last the 90 - so why not have a striker on the bench.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I thought Kanta moved the ball better than Poljak when he came on. His introduction was about when the Jets started regaining the dominance.

But the bench selection I 100% agree with. Someone rightly pointed out that we have 2 strikers who either haven't played recently or don't last the 90 - so why not have a striker on the bench.
    Poijak keeps getting subbed when he doesnt look tired and he wins the ball back a fair bit. I watched him sit down on the bench and he looked pissed off. Tossed he socks and boots away and didnt look happy rest of the half.

Ill agree that Kanta did ok which was a surprise, but were trying to make the finals so Kanta is not someone you bring on when you want to win a game to make the finals

love at first sight

Seriously though he is starting to talk crap just like Miller did without the technical bullshit. Just waiting for the moving forward crap.
    actually thought kanta played really well considering he hasn't played for a while
    there was one really good dink over the defensive line to nabbout which he didn't pull (not sure how) and he would've been one on one with the keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    actually thought kanta played really well considering he hasn't played for a while
    there was one really good dink over the defensive line to nabbout which he didn't pull (not sure how) and he would've been one on one with the keeper
    He did ok granted but he's not a player thats gonna help us make finals

love at first sight

He did ok granted but he's not a player thats gonna help us make finals
    Nor are the any of them, playing the way they are. We're 7th.

Nor are the any of them, playing the way they are. We're 7th.
    Forever 7th but yep we need an increase of quality in the pre-season Damm you Dimi

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Hard to imagine anyone 30 years ago coming up with such insights into the game. We have certainly come a long way.
    Analytics brah.

Could work.
    He just sits at training scratching his head every time a midfielder is on the ball.
    "YOURE NOT ATTACKING OR DEFENDING YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    He just sits at training scratching his head every time a midfielder is on the ball.
    "YOURE NOT ATTACKING OR DEFENDING YOU ARE DEAD TO ME!!!!!!"
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Thats Gold

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I had a coach in juniors at Jaffas who was of Yugoslav extraction (back in the day) whose halftime talk invariably ended with:

"You score more goals you win bloody!"

much more concise. And insightful.

I feel like as a playing group the Jets fear the Marinators rather than revel in the challenge of a local derby. Every time we play them we become timid and can't get the ball under control. Jones either needs to put the fear of Griff into them and get them biting from the get go, or switch off the entire thing and just play the game like it's against a top four side. I swear if we just hid the table from this team and told them we were playing the 2nd place team every week we would win the league. Definite lack of confidence within this team starting to bleed through.

Kokko and Clut can point to the fact the coach doesn't believe in them but Hoole and Nabbout have no excuse. They have scored goals all year against better sides, they get picked every week no matter what. They have no excuse for being timid.

Also, i didn't like Nobby in behind the striker. In attack it was good but i thought it weakened us in the middle as a result. If we want all out attack then yes, but if we want control of midfield than i'd say no. Just my illegitimate 2 cents worth.

#Jonesneedstomoveforward
    #Foldtheclub
    #Whereismyjetshapedhat
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Banned
    what the **** you talking about??

The hooking of Poljak and the bringing on of Kanta saw the Jets actually get control of the midfield and get into the game

Otherthan about the 90th min we had the entire run of the game in the time Kanta came on

His substitution actually was attacking

Problem was the halfwits on the park didnt take advantage of it

We score a goal or two in the last 30 mins which we should have then the Kanta subis the tactical masterstroke that won us the game

You dont need strikers on the bench to change games big man
    A tweak in midfield generally gets you on top if you get it right

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    what the **** you talking about??

The hooking of Poljak and the bringing on of Kanta saw the Jets actually get control of the midfield and get into the game

Otherthan about the 90th min we had the entire run of the game in the time Kanta came on

His substitution actually was attacking

Problem was the halfwits on the park didnt take advantage of it

We score a goal or two in the last 30 mins which we should have then the Kanta subis the tactical masterstroke that won us the game

You dont need strikers on the bench to change games big man
    A tweak in midfield generally gets you on top if you get it right
    Kanta an attacking sub? Now ive heard everything. We had Clut on the bench as the only attacking option and two strikers starting that couldnt play 90 mins

love at first sight