Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 26 | Jets v Gypos - F3 Derby #41 | Sun 9th Apr 2017 5:30pm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Stanny has it here.
    Although, any new coach needs to be on a 1 + 1 signing, with the extra year only being made available based on achieving minimum club goals.
    KPI's exist everywhere else in the professional world for a reason. We need to either start using them, or actually following through on the consequences of not achieving the ones we have
    That's great

We have deep seated cultural issues at the club that are going to take years to actually rectify

That there is no dispute amongst us

Yet your answer to solving this is to hold the coach to some arbitrary target with KPIs and then sack them if they fail to make it

So how many more times we going to actually keep sacking the coach replace same shit players with equally shit players and then wonder why we fail again and again ??

The only answer is to this is to back a coach for the long haul

Maybe the pressure valve on our coaches actually needs to go and the blokes can actually have a long term vision on things instead of having our only goal as making the top 6 and failing at it

Quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s we lost last night
    Quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s if we finish 7th or 10th

I actually am quite happy that all this shit has transpired as it has

The Chinese Lightsalesman is now firmly in the spotlight and it now up to him to act.

His most important job is to actually back the Manager and give the bloke the resources required to turn this shit around

There is no magic fix.

Merrick
    Mulvey
    Mourinhio
    Jones
    Miller

It irrelevant who it is.

This going to take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That's great

We have deep seated cultural issues at the club that are going to take years to actually rectify

That there is no dispute amongst us

Yet your answer to solving this is to hold the coach to some arbitrary target with KPIs and then sack them if they fail to make it

So how many more times we going to actually keep sacking the coach replace same shit players with equally shit players and then wonder why we fail again and again ??

The only answer is to this is to back a coach for the long haul

Maybe the pressure valve on our coaches actually needs to go and the blokes can actually have a long term vision on things instead of having our only goal as making the top 6 and failing at it

Quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s we lost last night
    Quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s if we finish 7th or 10th

I actually am quite happy that all this shit has transpired as it has

The Chinese Lightsalesman is now firmly in the spotlight and it now up to him to act.

His most important job is to actually back the Manager and give the bloke the resources required to turn this shit around

There is no magic fix.

Merrick
    Mulvey
    Mourinhio
    Jones
    Miller

It irrelevant who it is.

This going to take some time.
    The Mask has come back off. You're you again. haha.

The club is rotten from the ground up. We need the guy in charge to spend the money to clean it up on all levels. Now we get to see if Lee actually cares about our clubs success.

Also, i was never advocating a coach coming in with free rain to gut the entire squad, that would just lead to the 'team needs time to gel' excuse. I would only accept an experienced manager if they come in and put in place better staff behind him, as well as better procedures to help us long-term. Someone said Erikson, i think someone like him or Scolari would be the guy. Come in and let them bring in world-class experience to implement and long-term vision for the Club. Whilst he has a guy like Zane, or fuggit even Jones, as a heavily involved assistant coach learning from him.

That said, everything I just typed is a dreamers view of what to do. We probably just need to suffer for the next few years whilst Lee hopefully fixes us slowly. Yet again, let's juts hope that he cares about our success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Lees most important job is to ensure Jones has his resignation in by COB today. Let Zane finish the season with a win in Sydney.

New experienced coach.
    Release all off contract players, bring in new blood under the cap.
    Open the purse.

The only way it will happen.

Jones hasn't warranted his job for another season.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Lees most important job is to ensure Jones has his resignation in by COB today. Let Zane finish the season with a win in Sydney.

New experienced coach.
    Release all off contract players, bring in new blood under the cap.
    Open the purse.

The only way it will happen.

Jones hasn't warranted his job for another season.
    But that alone won't fix the problem. Jones will go either now or next year. He isn't the reason our club has sucked balls for almost a decade. We need to look at everything at once and then work to fix it.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    But that alone won't fix the problem. Jones will go either now or next year. He isn't the reason our club has sucked balls for almost a decade. We need to look at everything at once and then work to fix it.
    But he wont fix any problems by staying as our coach
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    True, but why pay him out and put someone else in place who will also fail in 12 months time and pay them out as well? Why not fix the problem instead of being huffy about a loss to a team that is better ran than ours? Paul Okon isn't a genius. Their squad isn't better than ours. But every year when it comes time for the finals we are getting angry at the bloke running training. He isn't a good coach but the season wasn't solely his fault. Anyone with half a brain can understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    What happened in the last decade needs to become irrelevant, and fast. Lee had nothing to do with what Con/Tinks/FFA did.

Lee hasn't made any false promises as yet (that I can remember). This season was always a 'wait and see' for him.

As pissed off as I was with the Miller sacking, this is Lee's first real test. He's been handed the wooden spoon and now we get to see how real our new owner is. If he backs Jones, and we sign the same mediocre players for next season and talk about hopefully making top 6, we'll know it's just another false dawn and we can hibernate for another few years until the next person comes in.

Anyone who thinks it takes years and years to build up a winning team needs to wake up. City may not have won much yet, but with a bit of cash they turned their team around pretty quick. Our foundation has already been built here - we've got the fanbase and we've got the football history. All we need to do is throw some cash around. This shouldn't be a difficult league to properly compete in.

The Jets need a 'Great Leap Forward' from our Chinese Master.

First order of business should be to collectively farm out the shit****s to the NPL

Banned
    Incorrect

As the current coach he is best qualified to identify and start rectify the issues at the club

It does not matter if Jones takes us to the ACL or the title.

What is needed from him is to actually be the Coach who turns the tide.

The other thing to be pointed out PRIDE is a wonderful thing.

This bloke has been hammered mercilessly the last few weeks.

The most motivated man in Newy right now be him.

That is why we keep him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    What happened in the last decade needs to become irrelevant, and fast. Lee had nothing to do with what Con/Tinks/FFA did.

Lee hasn't made any false promises as yet (that I can remember). This season was always a 'wait and see' for him.

As pissed off as I was with the Miller sacking, this is Lee's first real test. He's been handed the wooden spoon and now we get to see how real our new owner is. If he backs Jones, and we sign the same mediocre players for next season and talk about hopefully making top 6, we'll know it's just another false dawn and we can hibernate for another few years until the next person comes in.

Anyone who thinks it takes years and years to build up a winning team needs to wake up. City may not have won much yet, but with a bit of cash they turned their team around pretty quick. Our foundation has already been built here - we've got the fanbase and we've got the football history. All we need to do is throw some cash around. This shouldn't be a difficult league to properly compete in.
    City have won what with all their money??

1 Cup

All their money has just turned a good side underperforming into a very good side who still under performs

Incorrect

As the current coach he is best qualified to identify and start rectify the issues at the club

It does not matter if Jones takes us to the ACL or the title.

What is needed from him is to actually be the Coach who turns the tide.

The other thing to be pointed out PRIDE is a wonderful thing.

This bloke has been hammered mercilessly the last few weeks.

The most motivated man in Newy right now be him.

That is why we keep him
    So he was motivated to avoid the spoon? Or get our players to turn up for derby?
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

1 Cup

All their money has just turned a good side underperforming into a very good side who still under performs
    Thats also cause JVS wasnt a very good coach IMO

love at first sight

Banned
    Thats also cause JVS wasnt a very good coach IMO
    And yet even with him gone they are still the same??

And yet even with him gone they are still the same??
    I dont know much about Valkanis as a coach. Maybe his is using JVS's methods

love at first sight

Banned
    So he was motivated to avoid the spoon? Or get our players to turn up for derby?
    It not his job to get the players to turn up for the derby

It up to the players to have the appropriate level of motivation

What I seen in those players last night is a lack of interest

It is a job to them

As long as they get their cash they don't give two ****s about winning

This season as soon as they got in a position where they had to deliver under some degree of expectation they choked

Why because they do not care enough

It not just that these blokes are shit footballers

It between the ears with most of them

They happy to be here as they are taking the easy way out as footballers.

It up to Ledman to back Jones
    To give Jones the opportunity to rid us of these types who are happy with second best

It not his job to get the players to turn up for the derby

It up to the players to have the appropriate level of motivation

What I seen in those players last night is a lack of interest

It is a job to them

As long as they get their cash they don't give two ****s about winning

This season as soon as they got in a position where they had to deliver under some degree of expectation they choked

Why because they do not care enough

It not just that these blokes are shit footballers

It between the ears with most of them

They happy to be here as they are taking the easy way out as footballers.

It up to Ledman to back Jones
    To give Jones the opportunity to rid us of these types who are happy with second best
    What exactly does Jones do then?

If everything is on the player, why do we even need Jones?

1 Cup

Lol Heart were ****ing rubbish. At least now they get quality players and have an outside shot of winning the thing.

100% agree with this.

Banned
    Lol Heart were ****ing rubbish. At least now they get quality players and have an outside shot of winning the thing.
    Outside shot??

They won't win it.

No defence

Like them

Doesn't win titles

Smurfs Victree WSW as a smoky

The rest of them will not win it

Outside shot??

They won't win it.

No defence

Like them

Doesn't win titles

Smurfs Victree WSW as a smoky

The rest of them will not win it
    Brisbane could if Maclaren keep scoring. If City start Sorenson over Bouzanis they might as well

love at first sight