Page 69 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Why go for Ox when we have: koutrumbis, cowburn,kanta,uga,brown in that position? If we would add another in that midfield role it should be for a starter better than all of them.

I'd want a 10, burns and wid attacking Chinese. If we had another position to a better 6/8.
    Just curious, because i wouldnt mind seeing Burns here too... How would u fit Burns in the front 3rd with O'Donovan, Petratos, Nabboutt, and the apparent South American?
    Would u sit Nabbout on the bench and have O'Donovan up front, with the South American as #10, and Dimi and Burns playing wide roles?

Thats just me going off the formation from the past few years. Dont know how Merrick will line them up

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post
    Just curious, because i wouldnt mind seeing Burns here too... How would u fit Burns in the front 3rd with O'Donovan, Petratos, Nabboutt, and the apparent South American?
    Would u sit Nabbout on the bench and have O'Donovan up front, with the South American as #10, and Dimi and Burns playing wide roles?

Thats just me going off the formation from the past few years. Dont know how Merrick will line them up
    Thats exactly how I would line them up

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    But you don't know that for sure ........... I mean you say you know that, and sure it's been published in the press a bunch of times, but you clearly don't know for an absolute certainty.

One could say, not I, that someone who speculates on the income of players "doesn't know anything"....or so I have heard.
    Merrick said it on the podcast. Shut up idiot move on from ya little tiff

Speculate all you like, we have squat

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Why go for Ox when we have: koutrumbis, cowburn,kanta,uga,brown in that position? If we would add another in that midfield role it should be for a starter better than all of them.

I'd want a 10, burns and wid attacking Chinese. If we had another position to a better 6/8.
    To afford Burns you would need to spend less on the #10. Burns was on 900k at Tokyo and 400k before that at Wellington (as reported in the press yes Wilso I don't have their tax returns). It going to take 500-600k imo. As Burns is adaptable I don't think it's necessary, but just my opinion.

The Ox would be 3rd in line out of that bunch imo. And as the Brown Uga combination isn't exactly settled it would be good to have a touch of class to push them. It also would allow us to play a 3 man midfield if we wanted.
    Last edited by borat; 08-07-2017 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Merrick said it on the podcast. Shut up idiot move on from ya little tiff
    All I did was quote you

That you are a merkin with no actual ideas of your own is your problem
    Last edited by borat; 08-07-2017 at 09:59 PM.

Love your use of merkin there, borat.

I only know what that means because my dog's name when I was a kid was Nerkin. And a kid up the street told me that his mum told him that my dad had given our dog a very rude name and that our family was a "bit odd". So I grew up thinking my dog had a name that meant public hairs or something like that. She didn't, of course, but it took me years to stop feeling ashamed.

I have some tears welling up now as I think back on those years.

Anyway, yeah: merkin. Love this new squad of ours.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    All I did was quote you

That you are a merkin with no actual ideas of your own is your problem
    You're supposed to be this big forward thinker and you pull out an insult like merkin. I think I'll pass on this round. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by tomo View Post

It would be nice for our manager to have that kind of selection headache!

Barry Toohey saying kokko off to hong kong. Merrick's connections as HK national coach played a part

Huge news! hopefully they now use his spot wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I love me some Dennis Wise but I'm confused
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Using the spot Wisely.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I love me some Dennis Wise but I'm confused
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Is there any gossip/rumour on names to fulfill the remaining spots. South American Marquee?, Kokko replacement?, Chinese triallists?

No chinese trialists at training yet

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    Is there any gossip/rumour on names to fulfill the remaining spots. South American Marquee?, Kokko replacement?, Chinese triallists?
    Apparently some ex Gypo has been training/trialling with us Jake Adelson?

He trialled with us a few years ago as well before signing with the scum. Former Everton youth player.

Banned
    He trialled with us a few years ago as well before signing with the scum. Former Everton youth player.
    He actually played for the Jets Yoof in the NPL for a period

Might have been 2014 or 2015 from memory

Another one of the Sydney kids dragged up dropped in the Yoof with the promise of First team contract but ****ed off 10 weeks later when the bullshit promises didn't eventuate

Not sure what he done at Everton but he had done that before he played with the Jets Yoof team