Page 132 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,640 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Post on Instagram from the Jets showed the intra club trial. Take away points were: Johnny K at right back, Boogs playing CB, Jake Adelson is playing again as part of his ACL recovery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Post on Instagram from the Jets showed the intra club trial. Take away points were: Johnny K at right back, Boogs playing CB, Jake Adelson is playing again as part of his ACL recovery.
    any word on how boogs went?

I think from the Herald articles that Boogs was always going to play the trial at CB - it will be how he pulls up from it and whether he noticed any shortcomings that will tell if he will play there in a week's time.
    He also said he didn't want to impact on whoever may be played there instead of him by having it hanging over their head until game day, he wanted to give them the confidence of a full week's prep knowing where they were playing - so I would expect we should find out today or tomorrow whether he is in or not.

Will also be interesting - if he has to self report any pain or complaints he had with it, despite the rhetoric of him not wanting to play unless 100%, the chances of him ruling himself out would have to be pretty low you'd imagine.

Jets responded saying that his kit was just a spare one for the game, wasnt actually him wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Jets responded saying that his kit was just a spare one for the game, wasnt actually him wearing it.
    Ah, thankyou.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

hopefully boogs pulls up good, would be a huge coop for us to have him back for the finals. Shame that Kanta then pulled up injured as we could've moved him back into the mids

Quote Originally Posted by OmeletteDuFromage View Post
    Interesting because build looks similar and he also has a tattoo on the same arm.

Isn't McGree an injury replacement for him? Hmmm

Boogs and Vargas are part of the preliminary squad against City, very good news for the team

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Interesting because build looks similar and he also has a tattoo on the same arm.

Isn't McGree an injury replacement for him? Hmmm
    Looking closer, it wasn't him. Different haircut for starters

Are the only players we don't have signed for next season Pato, Vargas, Mcgree & Kosta?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Are the only players we don't have signed for next season Pato, Vargas, Mcgree & Kosta?
    Good question im curious as well
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Yes

Kosta has been included in the list of players signed for next season. I wonder if that's accurate? While it's not been announced, it wouldn't surprise me because he's playing in the NPL for the club.

Only Ronny Vargas and Pato Rodriguez off contract.

Kosta has been included in the list of players signed for next season. I wonder if that's accurate? While it's not been announced, it wouldn't surprise me because he's playing in the NPL for the club.

Only Ronny Vargas and Pato Rodriguez off contract.
    Which list is this?

On back page of the Herald today (sorry)

Don't have a photo - paper is in my car

Interesting. Might have just forgotten him.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Interesting. Might have just forgotten him.
    He was on the list of "currently signed" so there was a concious decision. We will know soon enough

I know the season has only just finished.

but do we know of any squad changes for our quest for one better in a-league and ACL qualification.

ie ins/outs????

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    I know the season has only just finished.

but do we know of any squad changes for our quest for one better in a-league and ACL qualification.

ie ins/outs????
    Sentence in today's Herald saying it's likely Pato won't be retained. I'd be very disappointed if true. Decent preseason for imports is so important here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Sentence in today's Herald saying it's likely Pato won't be retained. I'd be very disappointed if true. Decent preseason for imports is so important here.
    agreed, he has had really no chance to really prove his worth, a full pre-season would really prove his ability.

is brown being released?

hopefully we can bring in quality imports, in line with what we achieved with Vargas