Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 801 to 820 of 1360

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

  1. #801
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So you want it where 7/10 clubs can't afford good players and only both Melbourne's and Sydney win the thing
    Also, my first priority every season is to finish about the Gypos. Winning the league or GF is a bonus behind the one true goal. I couldn't even tell you which clubs have and haven't won a GF, cause I don't care about it. I know City, Sydney and Adelaide have won the FFA cup however. (Maybe someone else did to a few years back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  2. #802
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That's his football works everywhere in the world and it strives. Our comp is falling because of tall poppy syndrome.

    Plus, small clubs can go on and win titles. Just look at the 04/05 EPL season. You can be a club with a small fanbase and still compete for titles.
    I agree with all the Member says but what I'm trying to say is I don't think it will work in Oz like it does around the world - we are still small fry here and I doubt there will be massive investment outside Sydney and Melbourne. And I do believe the sporting public here will give up if they are outside those cities who will have nobody to play.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 14-01-2020 at 05:52 PM.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  3. #803
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That's his football works everywhere in the world and it strives. Our comp is falling because of tall poppy syndrome.

    Plus, small clubs can go on and win titles. Just look at the 04/05 EPL season. You can be a club with a small fanbase and still compete for titles.
    It may work everywhere but It won't work down under IMO. As for your barb. Keep living in the past while we keep making history

  4. #804
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I agree with all the Member says but what I'm trying to say is I don't think it will work in Oz like it does around the world - we are still small fry here and I doubt there will be massive investment outside Sydney and Melbourne. And I do believe the sporting public here will give up if they are outside those cities who will have nobody to play.
    I can see your point 100%. But I think since we are already circling the drain we may as well take the training wheels off and see how it fairs with real competition. Sydney aren't going to spend stupid straight away considering how easy the comp already is, so I can't see it being an instant explosion.

    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    It may work everywhere but It won't work down under IMO. As for your barb. Keep living in the past while we keep making history
    Haha, lol. Easy fishing as always.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #805
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I can see your point 100%. But I think since we are already circling the drain we may as well take the training wheels off and see how it fairs with real competition. Sydney aren't going to spend stupid straight away considering how easy the comp already is, so I can't see it being an instant explosion.



    Haha, lol. Easy fishing as always.
    Fishing would be saying Arsenal never had an undefeated season. Which would be true as you were knocked out of all cup comps.

  6. #806
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,733
    Removing the salary cap and restrictions on foreign players is unlikely to see an explosion in wages like some here are assuming . The only way wages will increase in aggregate is if new money is brought in to accommodate it.
    Given the next broadcast deal may not be so great and a world wide recession is making investors nervous at all levels I think it's more likely wages will fall.

  7. #807
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Removing the salary cap and restrictions on foreign players is unlikely to see an explosion in wages like some here are assuming . The only way wages will increase in aggregate is if new money is brought in to accommodate it.
    Given the next broadcast deal may not be so great and a world wide recession is making investors nervous at all levels I think it's more likely wages will fall.
    Will make foreigners less likely to come here I reckon

  8. #808
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    So you want it where 7/10 clubs can't afford good players and only both Melbourne's and Sydney win the thing
    Isn't that what we have now??

    Even capital city sides like Adelaide and Roar and Perth can not compete financially with the Sydney/Melbourne teams

    Last I looked also Blue Aids n Victree keep winning and it ain't changing soon either


    This comp started dying the day they started tampering with the Salary Cap is season 3 to let Blue Aids sign Cankles and Disco Stu when they didn't have the budget for them

  9. #809
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Will make foreigners less likely to come here I reckon
    Why? It might make money grabbing marquees less likely, because with an open market clubs will be able to get better value for money than the like of Villa or Honda, but quality foreigners will be able to move here more easily.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #810
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Also, my first priority every season is to finish about the Gypos. Winning the league or GF is a bonus behind the one true goal. I couldn't even tell you which clubs have and haven't won a GF, cause I don't care about it. I know City, Sydney and Adelaide have won the FFA cup however. (Maybe someone else did to a few years back.
    And this is why we are forever destined to be a shit club.

    I would rather it be more like the Man Utd vs Leeds rivalry. We don't give a shit about it because we are vastly superior. **** Leeds, **** the mariners, **** the record and **** the people.

  11. #811
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    And this is why we are forever destined to be a shit club.

    I would rather it be more like the Man Utd vs Leeds rivalry. We don't give a shit about it because we are vastly superior. **** Leeds, **** the mariners, **** the record and **** the people.
    Id rather always make finals then always beat the Gypos
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  12. #812
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  13. #813
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Id rather always make finals then always beat the Gypos
    You don't understand what it is to support a club with your statement

    That is why it best you support plastic sides like Chelsea

  14. #814
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    And this is why we are forever destined to be a shit club.

    I would rather it be more like the Man Utd vs Leeds rivalry. We don't give a shit about it because we are vastly superior. **** Leeds, **** the mariners, **** the record and **** the people.
    This isn't the reason we are always destined to be a shit club. It's a symptom.

    Plus, in order for us to say **** the mariners, we need to actually be better than them. Right now we are half Gypo/half trash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  15. #815
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,745
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  16. #816
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    This isn't the reason we are always destined to be a shit club. It's a symptom.

    Plus, in order for us to say **** the mariners, we need to actually be better than them. Right now we are half Gypo/half trash.
    This and in actual fact i would say Charlesworth is showing up Martin Lee at present.

  17. #817
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    This and in actual fact i would say Charlesworth is showing up Martin Lee at present.
    You need to find a new dead horse to beat. McKinna is the reason we are trash, not Mr Lee. Martin isn't the one spending his money on Gypos and telling the media/fans clear lies about how the club is going.

    McKinna is the sole reason we are in our current state.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  18. #818
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    You need to find a new dead horse to beat. McKinna is the reason we are trash, not Mr Lee. Martin isn't the one spending his money on Gypos and telling the media/fans clear lies about how the club is going.

    McKinna is the sole reason we are in our current state.
    Tell me Martin Lee's investment in to this club is NOT heading south and i will find a new dead horse to beat. Martin spending the same as he once did is he ?

  19. #819
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,881
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Tell me Martin Lee's investment in to this club is NOT heading south and i will find a new dead horse to beat. Martin spending the same as he once did is he ?
    A) he gave us a Marquee in Hoolahan. It's not his fault that Wes got injured. Martin Lee is spending enough money on the team. But...

    B) there's no point him putting more money into a poorly run club anyway. The twat in charge will just spend it on more Fitzgerald's and Millar's from down the F3, as well as resigning the current crop of mediocre players, to keep us rooted to the bottom of the table.

    C) there's no reason why he should need to invest more money into the club. I don't know why you think he should spend more money on a club that should be able to support itself? You're very much on your own there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  20. #820
    Senior Member Jetmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,051
    Always forgotten that Griff has quite a bit to do with recruitment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •