Page 51 of 61 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1220

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

  1. #1001
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    So we are gonna sign an injured Gypo and a semi-injured old Welsh bloke who's played 1 game of football in the last 12 months?

    Classic Jets.

    Actually, Classic Jets would be to sign Ledley but not being able to play him because we forgot about the Visa rules.
    Delete your post NOW

    Don't give the Gypo CEO any ****ing ideas
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  2. #1002
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    So Robinson saying bernie and joe are 2 of 5-6 players we looking at. If so, I wouldn't be surprised if Mark Davies and Jordan Mutch are part of that. Mutch played for Robinson at Vancouver and Davies came through wolves and played with miller.
    Neither Davies or Mutch are with Carl's player agent of choice - so I'd be surprised if they came here unless they defect to another agency.

  3. #1003
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,789
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Neither Davies or Mutch are with Carl's player agent of choice - so I'd be surprised if they came here unless they defect to another agency.
    I doubt that is gonna be an absolute prerequisite when signing players, some will definitely come in from outside of Baldwin's mob

  4. #1004
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,757
    Plague is gonna be devastated if he ever comes back. Lustica has signed with Western United. Although, with that club looking like it's gonna fold sooner than us, he might still be able to see him throw on our jersey in the near future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #1005
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Plague is gonna be devastated if he ever comes back
    We might need a where’s Plague thread to flush him out

  6. #1006
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    NBN Wes a good chance for the bench

    http://video.nbnnews.com.au/jetsrobinson210220.mp4
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  7. #1007
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Um, it was common knowledge that Burns wasn't fit enough when he arrived and Ernie didn't trust him to last 90 mins. Its over halfway through the season and you can see how much he struggles even now with fitness. But at least he can last 90 mins now, hence why he is playing and Johnny K is back on the right and centre where he should be.

    Bobby was the reason that Bobby wasn't playing. Not Ernie. You can't expect a coach to sub a fullback at halftime or 60 mins each week, that's a waste of a sub.
    Still disagree with Burns not acclimatising to a 30+ degree temperature rise as being solely a fitness issue. Speculating I could say part may have been a psychological barrier, but it did take him time to acclimatise to 30-40 degree temps (he's probably used to 25 being a heatwave up that part of the world). That said, he was ready to play long before he got the chance to, fitness alone isn't a believable reason why Burns wasn't getting picked under Ernie - suddenly Deans comes in as coach and he's fit then but not while Ernie was still coach?? He also wouldn't be the only younger player who's ever got pulled before a match ended because they've run out of puff, don't think it's as easy as not being fit, Ernie would even use him as a sub...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  8. #1008
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,451
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    We might need a where’s Plague thread to flush him out
    We all know what the absence of plague means...the birds finally got him

  9. #1009
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,757
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Still disagree with Burns not acclimatising to a 30+ degree temperature rise as being solely a fitness issue. Speculating I could say part may have been a psychological barrier, but it did take him time to acclimatise to 30-40 degree temps (he's probably used to 25 being a heatwave up that part of the world). That said, he was ready to play long before he got the chance to, fitness alone isn't a believable reason why Burns wasn't getting picked under Ernie - suddenly Deans comes in as coach and he's fit then but not while Ernie was still coach?? He also wouldn't be the only younger player who's ever got pulled before a match ended because they've run out of puff, don't think it's as easy as not being fit, Ernie would even use him as a sub...
    The other part of him not being picked is the fact that he's still not great. He's not bad going forward, but isn't great defensively at all. Same as Millar. Ernie was also probably biased against him after using a visa spot on a kid who took longer to get fit/acclimatise than some 30+ yr olds from the same part of the world. I can't blame him either. I'm hoping O'Toole gets a run soon and can do both parts of the job. Losing Vujica and George in the same window was terrible squad management from all involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  10. #1010
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The other part of him not being picked is the fact that he's still not great. He's not bad going forward, but isn't great defensively at all. Same as Millar. Ernie was also probably biased against him after using a visa spot on a kid who took longer to get fit/acclimatise than some 30+ yr olds from the same part of the world. I can't blame him either. I'm hoping O'Toole gets a run soon and can do both parts of the job. Losing Vujica and George in the same window was terrible squad management from all involved.
    Vujica asked to leave pretty much because Ernie had frozen him out when he was our best LB
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  11. #1011
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,250
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Vujica asked to leave pretty much because Ernie had frozen him out when he was our best LB
    And he's made the most of his new club, I see ...

  12. #1012
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    And he's made the most of his new club, I see ...
    Rudan is a muppet Vujica has shown he is good enough at a-league level. But WU will be extinct in a few years so **** em
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  13. #1013
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,260
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Rudan is a muppet Vujica has shown he is good enough at a-league level. But WU will be extinct in a few years so **** em
    Jones
    Merrick
    Rudan

    THERE IS A PATTERN HERE I NOTICING

    The bloke is too small and not quick enough at this level to play left back

    That is something you continue to ignore
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  14. #1014
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Jones
    Merrick
    Rudan

    THERE IS A PATTERN HERE I NOTICING

    The bloke is too small and not quick enough at this level to play left back

    That is something you continue to ignore
    I disagree hugely as I also do with Burns. Johnny K is tall and quick but is rubbish at fulback as was Jackson
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  15. #1015
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,260
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I disagree hugely as I also do with Burns. Johnny K is tall and quick but is rubbish at fulback as was Jackson
    This is what it feels like to be wrong

    3 coaches all reject Vujica. Must be a reason why. I am going to throw up he offers neither size or speed in his role as reasons

    Refute them all you like

    Burns is also garbage . Cost us a goal last week because he got owned by Kamau of all peopke. Whips in 30 crosses a game that look well flighted but do not find our attackers so are pointless. Can't even run 90 mins out FFS

    Johnny K ain't a left back and should never have been there in the first place. Much better suited at RB put for some reason Merrick persisted in leaving him at LB

    I ain't saying he a right back either. I think Right CB is his position he much better suited there at RB than LB

    As for Jackson
    Bloke looks like he in a 3 legged race with 3 left legs when playing left back in an attacking sense. He stifles attacks because he offers nothing going forward. His ability defensively though at LB isn't an issue. He for the most part sticks to his man pretty good at LB. Plenty of times he been played up against a Barbarousis type and he has marked them out of the game. Every now and then he got caught out of position at Left Back. But that ain't that much of a surprise when it is part of his game at Centre Back also
    He ain't an ideal solution at LB but he the best option of these 4 by a lomg way
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  16. #1016
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,031
    " His ability defensively though at LB isn't an issue. He for the most part sticks to his man pretty good at LB ".


    I will have some some of that shite you smok'n member ,You clearly forgotten the start of last season where Bert was playing Jackson at LB and was not even on the same continent as his opponent. He was terrible at LB and was on the end of similar criticism Johnny K was subject to at the start of this season.

    The start of last season seen Bert's selections questioned week after week and one of those positions under scrutiny was the continued selection of Jackson at LB. Bert tried both Jackson and Johnny K in position and both stunk in it.

  17. #1017
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,260
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    " His ability defensively though at LB isn't an issue. He for the most part sticks to his man pretty good at LB ".


    I will have some some of that shite you smok'n member ,You clearly forgotten the start of last season where Bert was playing Jackson at LB and was not even on the same continent as his opponent. He was terrible at LB and was on the end of similar criticism Johnny K was subject to at the start of this season.

    The start of last season seen Bert's selections questioned week after week and one of those positions under scrutiny was the continued selection of Jackson at LB. Bert tried both Jackson and Johnny K in position and both stunk in it.
    He played about 5 games there

    No he wasn't anywhere close to the criticism Johnny K got

    You making out that this is some ideal choice
    It like picking between Aids Cancer Hanging with Gypos etc as your form of death.
    They all suck

    Just as if I picking Right Back

    I would play Hoff Boogaard Johnny K there before that Gypo Miller gets a run
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  18. #1018
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,439
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    " His ability defensively though at LB isn't an issue. He for the most part sticks to his man pretty good at LB ".


    I will have some some of that shite you smok'n member ,You clearly forgotten the start of last season where Bert was playing Jackson at LB and was not even on the same continent as his opponent. He was terrible at LB and was on the end of similar criticism Johnny K was subject to at the start of this season.

    The start of last season seen Bert's selections questioned week after week and one of those positions under scrutiny was the continued selection of Jackson at LB. Bert tried both Jackson and Johnny K in position and both stunk in it.
    Whereas Ivan played the last few games and looked good

  19. #1019
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,706
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

  20. #1020
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,031
    Ok so Berinie Ibini in a Beanie is a short term thing til seasons end. Unless and i stress unless if this is all it is and no part of this deal includes potential to be here next season then why bother i say.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •