Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 371

Thread: All jets games to the end of the 20/21 season

  1. #161
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Can't see Deans here next year. All were seeing is regression and got no idea what his style or game plan is besides all age hoof ball
    How do you suggest he's going to be sacked? We don't have any owners to make that decision and don't have funds to pay him out or funds to sign a new one. Dean's was already on a contact, he's likely getting paid the same salary and just sitting in a different chair right now.

    We don't have any owners, I swear half of you lot have completely forgotten that we could fold at any point now, there is even a very strong chance that they've already made the decision to fold us up and give Canberra the licence next season and are just waiting until seasons end to announce it. We have a squad full of players who are either not good enough to start in the league, or if they are good enough to start are looking for new clubs to sign for before we do close up shop like Uga, Johny K and suprisingly to all of us Matt Millar. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and Thurgate are looking for clubs as well to secure their futures.


    Personally I'm going to praise Deans for coming into a precarious position, on a sinking ship, and doing better than what Breb did with that Victory squad which cost 2 or 3 times what ours probably does. We've only had one spanking, the 4-1 loss to Adelaide, and have only lost by 2 goals once before tonight as well. I don't even think many other managers available would have this squad anywhere but bottom of the table, and I mean that truthfully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  2. #162
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,929
    More reasons why euthanasia should be legalised.

  3. #163
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,913
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    How do you suggest he's going to be sacked? We don't have any owners to make that decision and don't have funds to pay him out or funds to sign a new one. Dean's was already on a contact, he's likely getting paid the same salary and just sitting in a different chair right now.

    We don't have any owners, I swear half of you lot have completely forgotten that we could fold at any point now, there is even a very strong chance that they've already made the decision to fold us up and give Canberra the licence next season and are just waiting until seasons end to announce it. We have a squad full of players who are either not good enough to start in the league, or if they are good enough to start are looking for new clubs to sign for before we do close up shop like Uga, Johny K and suprisingly to all of us Matt Millar. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and Thurgate are looking for clubs as well to secure their futures.


    Personally I'm going to praise Deans for coming into a precarious position, on a sinking ship, and doing better than what Breb did with that Victory squad which cost 2 or 3 times what ours probably does. We've only had one spanking, the 4-1 loss to Adelaide, and have only lost by 2 goals once before tonight as well. I don't even think many other managers available would have this squad anywhere but bottom of the table, and I mean that truthfully.
    If this is what he's gonna dish up then we mose well fold. Club needs to get fans back to game and thats gonna start on the pitch. I was all for Deans but every he showed while interim manager has disspeapred and we are beyond woeful
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  4. #164
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    If this is what he's gonna dish up then we mose well fold. Club needs to get fans back to game and thats gonna start on the pitch. I was all for Deans but every he showed while interim manager has disspeapred and we are beyond woeful
    Give him an A League squad to work with before judging him. Imagine any other manager in the league looking at his bench and seeing 34 yr old Ali Abbas who's come out of retirement to help us out, that Krasniqi bloke who seem to enjoy controlling the ball specifically just to allow an opponent to come and take it and Maki Petratos. Everyone is doing their best, but we are obviously not at the same level as everyone else in the league ability wise this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #165
    Senior Member Thomas477's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lambton, Novocastria
    Posts
    2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    How do you suggest he's going to be sacked? We don't have any owners to make that decision and don't have funds to pay him out or funds to sign a new one. Dean's was already on a contact, he's likely getting paid the same salary and just sitting in a different chair right now.

    We don't have any owners, I swear half of you lot have completely forgotten that we could fold at any point now, there is even a very strong chance that they've already made the decision to fold us up and give Canberra the licence next season and are just waiting until seasons end to announce it. We have a squad full of players who are either not good enough to start in the league, or if they are good enough to start are looking for new clubs to sign for before we do close up shop like Uga, Johny K and suprisingly to all of us Matt Millar. I wouldn't be surprised if Jackson and Thurgate are looking for clubs as well to secure their futures.

    Personally I'm going to praise Deans for coming into a precarious position, on a sinking ship, and doing better than what Breb did with that Victory squad which cost 2 or 3 times what ours probably does. We've only had one spanking, the 4-1 loss to Adelaide, and have only lost by 2 goals once before tonight as well. I don't even think many other managers available would have this squad anywhere but bottom of the table, and I mean that truthfully.
    Actually, you’re wrong there. We do have owners, they’re the same owners as Sydney, wanderers, western United and someone else. This no owners BS is just that, BS.

    Fact is unless they invest in the squad over the offseason, we’re done. Membership was 5k this year? You’ll be lucky to get 2k at this rate. Honestly, I fear for the club if Deans is still in charge next season and we haven’t significantly invested in the playing roster. I agree with Stanny too, if this is what Dean’s dishes out each week, the club might as well fold.

    Praising Deans? He’s signed near half the damn squad! But yes, we must praise him for accepting a job where you have to do the bare minimum to keep it! Must take a lot of balls to steal a wage each week from such rich owners.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Give him an A League squad to work with before judging him. Imagine any other manager in the league looking at his bench and seeing 34 yr old Ali Abbas who's come out of retirement to help us out, that Krasniqi bloke who seem to enjoy controlling the ball specifically just to allow an opponent to come and take it and Maki Petratos. Everyone is doing their best, but we are obviously not at the same level as everyone else in the league ability wise this season.
    Oh yes, we must give him a good squad to see how well he ****s it up. Having good players doesn’t hide shit tactics from the manager, look at victory. Fact is Deans never had any tactical idea, all the times he’s done the aleague he’s kept the same tactics as the previous manager. Every kick off is back to topor to hoof long. His Y-League and W-League aren’t great viewing either.
    Last edited by Thomas477; 26-04-2021 at 10:13 PM.
    Middleby Gone

    Lawrie Out

  6. #166
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,839
    i just can't even work up the energy to get annoyed or angry.

    we're terrible. there is no passion from pretty much every player. every player just seems angry at each other.

    i don't have any faith in deans. i know we've got the worst squad in the league, but he never seems to try anything different. subs seem like an afterthought. he doesn't even seem to get mad enough to get a talking to from the fourth official.

    what's worse than a basket case?

  7. #167
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Actually, you’re wrong there. We do have owners, they’re the same owners as Sydney, wanderers, western United and someone else. This no owners BS is just that, BS.

    Fact is unless they invest in the squad over the offseason, we’re done. Membership was 5k this year? You’ll be lucky to get 2k at this rate. Honestly, I fear for the club if Deans is still in charge next season and we haven’t significantly invested in the playing roster. I agree with Stanny too, if this is what Dean’s dishes out each week, the club might as well fold.

    Praising Deans? He’s signed near half the damn squad! But yes, we must praise him for accepting a job where you have to do the bare minimum to keep it! Must take a lot of balls to steal a wage each week from such rich owners.
    Ok. Obviously we have owners, I'm not implying that the club has folded already and I think everyone knew that. What I meant was that we don't have owners who hold a vested interest in our success. The clubs who are currently footing the bill are only doing so in order to keep enough teams in the league to meet there contractual obligations in order to get paid the TV deal. If we finish first or last, so long as they don't have to spend any extra funds, they don't care. We just have to float along until someone can buy the licence off them, that's all.


    Hopefully the new owners want to keep the licence here in Newcastle, but I don't think even the A League has a choice right now, they just need to focus on meeting those contractual obligations first. If Canberra has the money first, they get a team and we have to start again, that's the honest truth of the situation. It sucks balls, but we don't have a say in it anymore as a club, unless we find new owners who want to stay local of course, which is the dream.


    This insecurity is also going to wreak havoc on the playing group as well. Hence why I'm a little more lenient than most. These are human beings with families and mouths to feed, you can't tell me that having the cloud of no club to play for next year no matter how well you play isn't going to affect their mental health and therefore their performances on the field.

    Again, I'm more lenient to Dean's because the club would have told him that the owners didn't want to spend any extra funds so he was being offered the job. He could only spend close to the minimum cap amount and there were also struggling to fill the player quota before the first week. Hence why Abbas came out of retirement (I could be wrong there but I though he hadn't played since 2018 when he was at the Nix youth squad helping out, happy to be proven wrong here) to fill a spot before we got it trouble. Then we found a few kids to play on loan to fill out the remaining squad positions, Prso and Ramy, and after a short while we gave the two guys from Malaysia a go, neither of which look good enough for the league IMO.


    We are in serious trouble here, and unfortunately sacking Deans isn't a possibility until we have to new owners I don't think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  8. #168
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,288
    So many in our starting 11 would be lucky to get a spot on the bench at any other club.

    Based on this seasons results and coaching staff who the hell would want to come here to play.

    Membership has dropped by 50% on this TLY and will be pushing shit up hill to get half of the 5k again who backed up this season.

    We play the ugliest most predictable shit of any team, Just like the sort of stuff Deans W League sides have produced over the years. Can't keep possession and can't complete enough passes in a game to save ourselves.

    And yes we do have owners as previously stated, All 4 of them but anyone who thinks they are going to tip in sufficient funds between them to make us a more competitive out fit than there respective " real full time commitment " clubs then people really do need to get there heads checked.

    The club off the field is a shit show and the blokes running around on the park are made of individuals who could not give a f%^K, Not good enough and should be back in a NPL or finally just past there best.

    If the three identified owners and the invisible one do not intend to provide more and sufficient resources they may as well just GTFO and fold the joint.

    Do it properly or put it down. The sort of crap that has been served up this season is just plain BS and not fit enough standard for what a national competition should look like.

    I have absolutely no doubt discussions would be taking place between APL Chair Lederer and interested parties from both the ACT and Wollongong. Both those regions without too much trouble could offer what we are as a bare minimum minus the years of debt and destruction.

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Ok. Obviously we have owners, I'm not implying that the club has folded already and I think everyone knew that. What I meant was that we don't have owners who hold a vested interest in our success. The clubs who are currently footing the bill are only doing so in order to keep enough teams in the league to meet there contractual obligations in order to get paid the TV deal. If we finish first or last, so long as they don't have to spend any extra funds, they don't care. We just have to float along until someone can buy the licence off them, that's all.


    Hopefully the new owners want to keep the licence here in Newcastle, but I don't think even the A League has a choice right now, they just need to focus on meeting those contractual obligations first. If Canberra has the money first, they get a team and we have to start again, that's the honest truth of the situation. It sucks balls, but we don't have a say in it anymore as a club, unless we find new owners who want to stay local of course, which is the dream.


    This insecurity is also going to wreak havoc on the playing group as well. Hence why I'm a little more lenient than most. These are human beings with families and mouths to feed, you can't tell me that having the cloud of no club to play for next year no matter how well you play isn't going to affect their mental health and therefore their performances on the field.

    Again, I'm more lenient to Dean's because the club would have told him that the owners didn't want to spend any extra funds so he was being offered the job. He could only spend close to the minimum cap amount and there were also struggling to fill the player quota before the first week. Hence why Abbas came out of retirement (I could be wrong there but I though he hadn't played since 2018 when he was at the Nix youth squad helping out, happy to be proven wrong here) to fill a spot before we got it trouble. Then we found a few kids to play on loan to fill out the remaining squad positions, Prso and Ramy, and after a short while we gave the two guys from Malaysia a go, neither of which look good enough for the league IMO.


    We are in serious trouble here, and unfortunately sacking Deans isn't a possibility until we have to new owners I don't think.
    Wait, so you want some sort of measured, rational approach that results in some sort of long term stability?
    What fun is that old son?
    I want a despot in there sacking the tea lady and commissioning statues of himself with the last few pesos that remain in the kitty.

    Burn the place down, ill be there to toss some fuel on. And once we get that out of our system, we look ahead to yet another phoenix rising from the ashes in order to disappoint us for another few generations.

  10. #170
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,416
    I was excited to see Krasniqi play today.

    Pity he's shit.

  11. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    3,203
    I still think a competitive team in Newcastle attracts more fans than Canberra and Wollongong.
    Canberra NRL crowds have been around 15,000 who have had a few successful years. Super Rugby Brumbies crowds are around 7k from what I could find. I don’t think Wollongong would come close imo.

    Give us a competitive team and we will turn up. Success is everything now. Every supporter of the Jets can see what is happening, and they are saying they don’t like it, by not attending.
    The league itself is suffering atm. Covid was a factor that turned people away, and many haven’t gone back. Simon Hill mentions it. It’s the emotion and passion that made the a league great when it was in full flight, chanting supporters and bays bouncing with fans, it was a joy to watch.
    The league need to make sure they are engaging those fans again. WSW and supporters made the league better, then ruined it. Now, it’s harder to win back old fans with the same product than it is to attract new fans originally.


    I’m terms of the Jets. They are evoking apathy. This forum could easily get 10 pages on a game after we all read through Jeterpools stats which cover every aspect of the game from score, crowd to the colour boots a goal scorer wore (right?). Passionate bunch. And we are still here.
    Deans. I had no problem with his appointment at the time. He was getting results with this squad. As Frodo says, he ain’t doing a bad job with this bunch. Is he filling me with excitement and hope? Nah. In order of my hope:
    1. New coach, new core squad, 1-2 well known marquee type players to get some excitement and a respected coach.
    2. 1-2 marquee type players that have pedigree and experience to generate some excitement. deans gets a go.
    3. Fold.
    4. Deans stays. Squad stays. “Full pre season to allow players to get fitness up and allow deans time to bed in his tactics. We welcome back Ben Kanta and Boogs to the squad. Deans says, we virtually have 2 new players coming in, with Boogs and Kanta. We didn’t see them much. So they are new.”

  12. #172
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,170
    Just want to clarify as well.


    I don't think Canberra is a better option for the league than us, I'm just saying that they have a bid ready and may have the funds available as we speak to pay the fee at season's end. That's my fear.

    The League would rather sell us to a new owner AND add in new teams, but if given the choice between taking some cash in their hands to spend on their own clubs during a pandemic hit economy or waiting and funding us for a longer period whilst waiting for someone to come buy the Jets as a whole, I think I know which one makes more sense unfortunately.


    And everyone who noted that poor crowd numbers will help make up the current ownership groups mind is also correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  13. #173
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,691
    As Brem says, there's an apathy about the club - I honestly can't be arsed putting the weekly stats up anymore. Something I had done for what...5 years straight? I'm over feeling like this and being in this poisiton.

    Anyway, some stats:

    1. 10 consecutive winless matches now. 5th time this has happened to us in the A-League and equal our A-League record. Our competitive matches record is 11 - we lost an FFA Cup game at the end of one of those runs.
    2. 0.68 points per game. Second worst rate in our history. Worst was the Stubbins season which was at 0.61.
    3. Roy will miss the next match. First time he's missed a match for us through accumulation of yellow cards. Strange but true.
    4. 2 points from our last 10 matches - lowest rate in our clubs history and only the second time it's been that low - that was under the Mark Jones era where we died in the arse at the end of the season.
    5. 16 goals from 19 matches - our equal lowest tally in history at this stage of a season. Season it's equal with is Phil Stubbins season. Oddly, we have been tracking EXACTLY the same in goals scored as the Stubbins era since Rd 14!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  14. #174
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,691
    The concern I have is that we are in the media suggesting we want to re-sign on loan Luka Prso and Ramy Najjarine who both showed some early flashes but overall aren't showing anything (in my opinion).

    We've re-signed our bench keeper, two left backs, our youth striker and the one midfielder we have. There's lately been media about re-signing NTS, Boogaard and Jackson too.

    Firstly, what do we expect to achieve if we do re-sign these loanees and existing players? Anything different from what we are currently seeing?

    And secondly, where we have players that will be here next season, we should be playing them. Mauragis - put him left wing (where he's actually looked quite capable). Give Archie Goodwin 30 minute every match. If this season is a write off, lets use it to start bringing in at least players we see having a future that are currently blocked by players who won't be here next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  15. #175
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,170
    If there was transfer fees allowed between clubs, this season could have been completely different. We would have played kids all year in the hopes to find some gems and repay some debts we have, I know that's hard in a pandemic and with other clubs owners taking their share of the profits, but it would at least give us something to play for even if we get a spoon. I would rather come watch kids improving each week then players like Millar doing the same things wrong that he did last season and knowing that he's leaving next year anyways, just using him as an example there's 5 or 6 others like him in this squad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  16. #176
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,929
    Deans starting Millar every week is proof enough he's not the right person for the job.

  17. #177
    Senior Member Couscous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Worldwide culinary phenomenon
    Posts
    1,416
    The appointment of Deans was a catastrophic mistake. It said very clearly that this club will only have a future if it is sold quickly.

  18. #178
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    The appointment of Deans was a catastrophic mistake. It said very clearly that this club will only have a future if it is sold quickly.
    I mean, what could have made you think we had a future any other way?

    I am asking seriously, does anyone else have some other idea for how we survive this without something like City sports group coming in and buying us? I just don't think the product itself is doing well enough for a local millionaire to walk in and prop us up for a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  19. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    2,288
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I mean, what could have made you think we had a future any other way?

    I am asking seriously, does anyone else have some other idea for how we survive this without something like City sports group coming in and buying us? I just don't think the product itself is doing well enough for a local millionaire to walk in and prop us up for a few years.
    You nailed it. The product has been run into the ground. Even when the current bill payers were adding to our squad they were adding just numbers with no real quality to give our on field efforts a fighting chance.

  20. #180
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,839
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    As Brem says, there's an apathy about the club - I honestly can't be arsed putting the weekly stats up anymore. Something I had done for what...5 years straight? I'm over feeling like this and being in this poisiton.

    Anyway, some stats:

    1. 10 consecutive winless matches now. 5th time this has happened to us in the A-League and equal our A-League record. Our competitive matches record is 11 - we lost an FFA Cup game at the end of one of those runs.
    2. 0.68 points per game. Second worst rate in our history. Worst was the Stubbins season which was at 0.61.
    3. Roy will miss the next match. First time he's missed a match for us through accumulation of yellow cards. Strange but true.
    4. 2 points from our last 10 matches - lowest rate in our clubs history and only the second time it's been that low - that was under the Mark Jones era where we died in the arse at the end of the season.
    5. 16 goals from 19 matches - our equal lowest tally in history at this stage of a season. Season it's equal with is Phil Stubbins season. Oddly, we have been tracking EXACTLY the same in goals scored as the Stubbins era since Rd 14!
    Re number 3 - Roy normally goes straight for the red card option. 🤣

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •