Frodo: Scotland and Czech Republic
    Local Rules: Russia and Germany
    lquiquer: Poland and Finland
    Macca: Switzerland and Netherlands
    Buddha: Sweden and Wales
    Jardelsimage: Austria and Turkey

Good luck!
    I mean.....

I will say that I'm not heaps confident in winning this, however being in the same group as England can be a good thing. They have as much a chance of imploding and going out in the group stages as they do of winning it, haha.

Thomas Soucek and Scotland's new duel LB system FTW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Redraw
    At least you've got potential golden boy winner Alexander Isak to watch, that kid absolutely immense already.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Cristiano is immortal.

Give me the title now
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    At least you've got potential golden boy winner Alexander Isak to watch, that kid absolutely immense already.
    Bloke is a weapon. 6'4 and bangs goals for fun. The new Ibra
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Thoughts with Eriksen. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery. Scary scenes for everyone involved. Broadcasters rightly copping some slack for showing him receive CPR and his wife crying.
    Credit to both teams for getting the game completed, can’t have been easy.
    Finland did well to be respectful in what was a great achievement for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Thoughts with Eriksen. Hopefully makes a speedy recovery. Scary scenes for everyone involved. Broadcasters rightly copping some slack for showing him receive CPR and his wife crying.
    Credit to both teams for getting the game completed, can’t have been easy.
    Finland did well to be respectful in what was a great achievement for them.
    Yeah it was a horror to watch.. Hope he is alright!!
    Sounds like he's awake, and apparently skyped the team from the hospital to tell them to finish the game..
    Both sets of fans were very respectful (chant and response stuff going on)..

Broadcasters rightly copping some slack for showing him receive CPR and his wife crying.
    I found this to be an interesting debate while it was unfolding.Firstly the pictures were central feed,so individual stations could only show the one set of pictures, or cut to their own studio.The fact that no one knew for sure what was happening served up a difficult situation.The broadcasters cut away when they clearly showed the first attempt at CPR. Then sadly cut back there when the defrib was first used.I thought after that they waited til the players had blocked the view that they showed that part of the field close up.Like it or not trying to decide what is right and not right in real time was impossible.If they cut completely away then there is no information getting across apart from people immediately going to social media with their own (often wrong) diagnosis.No one complained when the camera was pointed at the doctor loading him onto the stretcher who initially gave the thumbs up to the other medicos.No one complained when the an official photographer managed to get a shot of him getting wheeled off with his eyes open and hand on his face.To me, those 2 pieces of information were critical in warding off mindless speculation.We cant tell everyone to look away then complain they arent being informed.We cant tell everyone to keep quiet unless its good news.Good or bad what was happening on the field was real and it needed to be treated as news but also obviously with as much respect as possible.I think they did a damn good job considering.I will also assume the central feed had no idea it was his wife until well after those shots were taken.It was noticeable that they didnt replay the incident of him collapsing,again a good judgement call.

Dunno if this is the right thread to discuss Euro shiz.
    Wish I saw this thread to get in on a sweep. Good luck to all of youze who did!

In the inimitable words of Oscar Wild, there's only one thing worse than being talked about and that's not being talked about.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-...2020/100220520

I wonder what the share price will be in a few days or weeks?

Squires will have a field day with this and other things so far at this tournament.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Nice to see Australia playing at Euro's this morning. Good win over Turkey.

Finland unlucky. Would've loved them to win that.

Nice to see Australia playing at Euro's this morning. Good win over Turkey.

Finland unlucky. Would've loved them to win that.
    Bale in a Socceroos shirt - take my money.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

23 Years i've waited for Scotland to be back on the international stage and i cop a Schick masterclass ffs. It just had to be Scotland to cop something like that didnt it?

At least all the little weans at school got to watch that game. It's the sort of crushing disappointment that sets you up for the rest of your life.

The best part about the 0-0 on Saturday morning was the English meltdown given how much shite they talked about us in the lead up to the game.

Southgate is an idiot. How does Sancho get no minutes and Sterling keep starting over Grealish. Couldn't imagine being English and watching that idiot pick his teams

Gilmour though. Gonna be a top top player

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Southgate is an idiot. How does Sancho get no minutes and Sterling keep starting over Grealish. Couldn't imagine being English and watching that idiot pick his teams
    Why drop Sterling when Harry Kane still hasn't worked out that the first game has started and he's meant to be playing by now? 19 touches against Scotland and he still dropped deep too often and got in everyone else's way, useless in big games as usual. I mean, I would still drop Sterling as well for someone who's actually in form and had a good season cough "Saka" cough

Classic England football this, too many "Star Performers" who don't actually play that well, they just get overblown by the Brit media and flop once they come up against united, well drilled national sides that know how to put their egos aside and win football matches....... And France.

Why drop Sterling when Harry Kane still hasn't worked out that the first game has started and he's meant to be playing by now? 19 touches against Scotland and he still dropped deep too often and got in everyone else's way, useless in big games as usual. I mean, I would still drop Sterling as well for someone who's actually in form and had a good season cough "Saka" cough

Classic England football this, too many "Star Performers" who don't actually play that well, they just get overblown by the Brit media and flop once they come up against united, well drilled national sides that know how to put their egos aside and win football matches....... And France.
    Kane is normally good for England but yeah drop him from DCL

Kane is normally good for England but yeah drop him from DCL
    Just to clarify tho, I want England to be knocked out of the group stages so I hope they keep playing ol Slobbery boy.

England think they have a top tier squad when they are in fact bang average. Can't wait for the media to explode when they either lose against the Czechs or get flogged by Portugal.

Just to clarify tho, I want England to be knocked out of the group stages so I hope they keep playing ol Slobbery boy.

England think they have a top tier squad when they are in fact bang average. Can't wait for the media to explode when they either lose against the Czechs or get flogged by Portugal.
    They have alot of young talent but need a manager who knows how to use em
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

They have alot of young talent but need a manager who knows how to use em
    Lots of mid table quality throughout and a massive amount of hype. This is a weak England squad.