Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: 22/23 A-League Men | Match Day 05 | Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets

  1. #61
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    5,148
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    The stadium is not a problem for me, I quite like it as a facility. If anything, the grass hills behind the goals should be improved as that would massively contribute to a better football atmosphere - with a decent tifo like any respectable team in a national league.

    Stadium is not too big... the crowds are to small.

    There is potential for 14-15k every game.

    I mean, if the Knights have 20k regularly...

    Hard to imagine a new 15k facility getting built in Newcastle. And the Jets owning a stadium... that's beyond any wild imagination!
    There is no potential for that every game, Because it only takes one loss and the crowds disappear again
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  2. #62
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Stadium is not too big... the crowds are to small.

    There is potential for 14-15k every game.

    Not having a go or anything, but how do we get numbers up to 14k when the entire leagues averages are down. Even TV views are down to worrying levels. The product hasn't changed and the number of fans are pretty well set by now.
    Last edited by Frodo; 10-11-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Not having a go or anything, but how do we get numbers up to $14k when the entire leagues averages are down. Even TV views are down to worrying levels. The product hasn't changed and the number of fans are pretty well set by now.
    I'm not sure they are set. I see 14k as a potential, and yes to tap into it, the product should be better (in general, not just the Jets).
    There were 14k just a few years ago for the first home game against Perth if I remember well - to be fair, there was a family offer with free tickets, but the interest is potentially there

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Merewether
    Posts
    5,435
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    The stadium is not a problem for me, I quite like it as a facility. If anything, the grass hills behind the goals should be improved as that would massively contribute to a better football atmosphere - with a decent tifo like any respectable team in a national league.
    Agree with this - the fact is we have packed that stadium out a number of times. It is a designated multipurpose stadium so we will always be pushed there and Con wanted us there from day one. If we had only had crowds of 3-4000 on a regular basis over the years you could look at a move, but we had 7000 plus at our first two games. Where else in the Hunter can you fit 7000?

    I have often thought the obvious thing was to refurb those awful grass hills and close both top decks in the stands, making the crowd more compact. They did this for a Matildas game once and 15,000 looked great.

    No2 is far too small - a capacity of only 5000 and 800 seats. Members expect more, prawn eaters, like myself, who put our hard earned into the club, won't sit on a grass hill either.

    Either get a new boutique stadium or harden up and make do with what we have.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

  5. #65
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    3,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Agree with this - the fact is we have packed that stadium out a number of times. It is a designated multipurpose stadium so we will always be pushed there and Con wanted us there from day one. If we had only had crowds of 3-4000 on a regular basis over the years you could look at a move, but we had 7000 plus at our first two games. Where else in the Hunter can you fit 7000?

    I have often thought the obvious thing was to refurb those awful grass hills and close both top decks in the stands, making the crowd more compact. They did this for a Matildas game once and 15,000 looked great.

    No2 is far too small - a capacity of only 5000 and 800 seats. Members expect more, prawn eaters, like myself, who put our hard earned into the club, won't sit on a grass hill either.

    Either get a new boutique stadium or harden up and make do with what we have.
    I don't think anyone is saying we have somewhere to move to right now, cause there obviously isn't.


    But we are currently losing money, so we need to find an alternative. The TV deal is done and only going to get less the next time round, so there's no point relying on that to save anyone. So either we attract bigger crowds, or we cut costs. Personally I think we would have a better chance if we could afford to build our own 8000-12,000 seater stadium somewhere than we do increasing our average crowds to 14,000. But there's probably little chance of us both finding an owner willing to take on the club and get further into debt to try and save it, so realistically I think we should just enjoy it while it lasts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  6. #66
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Large crowds would solve all our issues, but I think aiming to find a financial situation that is sustainable for our core fans is the only way we guarantee long term success as a club.
    If we can find a way to cover our costs when we have 7500 people, which is obviously away from Macdonald Jones, then we are sorted.

    I think the only way to be sustainable as a league is for clubs to either own their own smaller stadium or have an exclusive deal at one. The NRL and AFL will always use their leverage to screw football teams.
    Precisely

    Steal someone's ground around town and just take over and build it up

    Get a couple of government grants into it and we can turn it into a stadium seating 8k in no time

    After all it's little more than concrete and steel mainly

    This is where we fail as if we were a "club" we would be looking to do this

    Instead we are a franchise so it ain't on the agenda

    That goose Lowy failed us all with his McFranchise League set up
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I'm not sure they are set. I see 14k as a potential, and yes to tap into it, the product should be better (in general, not just the Jets).
    There were 14k just a few years ago for the first home game against Perth if I remember well - to be fair, there was a family offer with free tickets, but the interest is potentially there
    Sadly, you don't remember well - there was only 7k in attendance for the Perth game, which when you consider kids went free and it was the first match of the season is very low. The Jets would average 3-5k crowds over the past three seasons which means the atmosphere is always non existence. Looks really shit on TV as well, which doesn't make people want to attend.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Agree with this - the fact is we have packed that stadium out a number of times. It is a designated multipurpose stadium so we will always be pushed there and Con wanted us there from day one. If we had only had crowds of 3-4000 on a regular basis over the years you could look at a move, but we had 7000 plus at our first two games. Where else in the Hunter can you fit 7000?

    I have often thought the obvious thing was to refurb those awful grass hills and close both top decks in the stands, making the crowd more compact. They did this for a Matildas game once and 15,000 looked great.

    No2 is far too small - a capacity of only 5000 and 800 seats. Members expect more, prawn eaters, like myself, who put our hard earned into the club, won't sit on a grass hill either.

    Either get a new boutique stadium or harden up and make do with what we have.
    The idea of the Jets building a boutique stadium is crazy. The ends won't justify the means. We get crowds of less than 5000, so a No. 2 would be perfect. Jets could easily work with NC Council to install additional seating and all of a sudden the Jets are selling out every home game. Good atmosphere, looks good on TV, players buzz off it and want to be a part of it.

    If we then see some success and get investment and the need arises, the case for a boutique stadium grows but it is nowhere near right now. Not even close.

  9. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    818
    The Jets wouldn't build the stadium, the state gov and local council would, Lake Mac council would be good. Seems to be a stadium in every suburb in the big smoke.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

  10. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    621
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Sadly, you don't remember well - there was only 7k in attendance for the Perth game, which when you consider kids went free and it was the first match of the season is very low.
    Found the link:
    https://www.ultimatealeague.com/match/?match_id=1725

    Attendance was 14,833
    Round 2, 2017/2018

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    400
    If I remember correctly there was once a venue in the western suburbs of Newcastle.
    It was privately owned.
    I believe Rupert approved. He thought it were a “super” venue.
    Then it went to the dogs.
    Seems like it was all a big “con”

  12. #72
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    looks like Dartsmelia's turn to wear a suit to sign autographs this week so obviously not in the squad....

  13. #73
    Senior Member turbojetfireV8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,887
    ah crap, Jenkinson's over there as well...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •