Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Ownership 2023

For people wanting any information or updates on new owners, here's what you need to remember.
    We are owned by 3 maybe 4 other clubs. They pay Shane's wages and he follows their instructions.
    These other clubs also hired a firm to "fast track" our sale.
    The only person within the Jets that would have knowledge of the sale progress is Shane.
    He is an absolute roadblock when it comes to information.
    He no doubt wants to stay in his employer's good books for future employment opportunities as he probably knows new owners would have their own ideas.
    It's not a nice thing to say but Shane is not really a "Jets Man" if you know what I mean.
    The only real avenues for information are through the selling firm and the other clubs administration that own us.
    I was able to obtain some information from a previous interested party but that was obviously through the buying side, not the club.
    I have no idea why Shane made the comment that a deal could de completed by Christmas. We hear nothing from him and then he makes an unrealistic comment like that.
    Does anyone know where Shane's local watering hole is ?
    Getting on the beers with him at a local karaoke night might be the only way for an update.
    I do hear information from time to time from a "source" but I only post something on here if I feel its relevant and in the interests of people on this forum.
    One thing that won't surprise me is if we lose a player to one of our owners before a sale is completed !

Mattiske said the talks were confidential but confirmed they had been positive.

"We have had strong engagement with parties who are interested and remain confident it will be completed by the end of the year," Mattiske said.

This was the Herald article with a quote from Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Morning Shane, what can you tell us?
    Shane as he is known to those close to him is all over it, Nothing to see here.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Shane as he is known to those close to him is all over it, Nothing to see here.
    aka grub for hire. next
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-...head/103325064

Mostly about canberra, but also includes a couple of sentences about the jets and Perth at the end.

Thanks Bel

I attended the Jets Fan Council yesterday. We were addressed by Shane Mattiske. He said the ownership is progressing and we should expect to have an announcement soon. Things were going well.

My feedback to Shane yesterday was that the silence is deafening and has grown louder since the previously-announced Christmas/End of December timeline was announced. The membership deserve to be updated once the public deadline was passed...even if that update was "there is no update". The more space he leaves with unknown answers, the bigger the gaps for rumours and shit-stirring to occur. Take control of the information that's coming out.

Shane was actually very receptive to that and acknowledged the validity of my comment. We should expect an update to come out soon (my indication was within the next week).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I attended the Jets Fan Council yesterday. We were addressed by Shane Mattiske. He said the ownership is progressing and we should expect to have an announcement soon. Things were going well.

My feedback to Shane yesterday was that the silence is deafening and has grown louder since the previously-announced Christmas/End of December timeline was announced. The membership deserve to be updated once the public deadline was passed...even if that update was "there is no update". The more space he leaves with unknown answers, the bigger the gaps for rumours and shit-stirring to occur. Take control of the information that's coming out.

Shane was actually very receptive to that and acknowledged the validity of my comment. We should expect an update to come out soon (my indication was within the next week).
    Perhaps it this why he only lasted 5 mins at NRL HQ. I am sure the bloke can MD or CEO a company where he can hide behind other management rather than him engage but when you enter sports management you need to be able to read the supporter base and frequently engage, He fails monumentally on this count.

Perhaps it this why he only lasted 5 mins at NRL HQ. I am sure the bloke can MD or CEO a company where he can hide behind other management rather than him engage but when you enter sports management you need to be able to read the supporter base and frequently engage, He fails monumentally on this count.
    Or is he told by our 3 owners to say nothing?

Thanks for the update, JP.

I was pretty direct with him.

Just want to let you all know I'm trying to influence what's happening as best I can with the opportunity I've got.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Thanks Jet great job

Yeah, great work as always Jeterpool!

Just want to let you all know I'm trying to influence what's happening as best I can with the opportunity I've got.
    We appreciate it mate. Top stuff

What were the other council members saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    What were the other council members saying?
    They agreed. In this instance I got in first as Shane provided a general update across a number of fronts and once that was completed I jumped in first with the question so I didn't give them a chance.

Last meeting I requested that once we got to a stage with preferred new owners that we wanted the club to put forward the Fans Council would like to meet with them. I reminded the club of this request and they said that would certainly be put forward and something that is likely to happen.

There's a few hurdles that need to happen. Once the Potential owners and the Jets Owners agree the terms of the sale, it then progresses to the Other owners for endorsement, then the APL and then finally FFA. Given 4 of the other 11 owners are directly invested in offloading us I don't expect we will get road-blocked there, nor at other stages.

All of this bureaucratic pathway we have to navigate is exactly what I said to the Club (i.e. Shane) you need to outline to us. Tell us what's ahead so we can tick off mental boxes as we move along. Don't keep us in the dark.

That's right JP, we don't want privacy rules broken, just some basic info, like "we are at this stage"
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

I just want Shane to not treat us like mugs and be forthright with us.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I just want Shane to not treat us like mugs and be forthright with us.
    I'm convinced he's being told to say nothing by both the APL and our 3 owners
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Great work Jeterpool.
    Was there anything else from the meeting that might be of interest to the fans ?