Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unite Round bulls*** - do members get free admission to the home game we lose?

Unite Round bulls*** - do members get free admission to the home game we lose?

Figuring the answer is no, but still...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Home game is now on Tuesday 23rd Jan, we don't lose any games. This is an additional round

Anyone heading to Allianz and/or Leichhardt for the Jets games this weekend?
    Sat sees the Women vs Roar @ Leichhardt 745pm kickoff
    Sun sees the Men vs Roar at Allianz 745pm kickoff

What will be interesting will be the Victory playing at Allianz Sat afternoon before Sydney play @ 745pm
    Whose brilliant scheduling idea was that?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by A.J. View Post
    Home game is now on Tuesday 23rd Jan, we don't lose any games. This is an additional round
    Losing a weekend game for a weekday game is probably a 50% loss of spectators, so I disagree, it's a lost game for a lot of us who cannot make weekday matches.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

How good was Penha?

I don’t know if I like buhagiar because he gets in positions to score, or if I don’t because he rarely scores them.

Bloke would be leading goal scorer if he was clinical.

How many times to the Jets concede crap goals off corners??? I have said it before, we need an old school central defender that commands the 6 yard box.

That was a disgraceful decision. If you have to look at it that many times it not an obvious penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    That was a disgraceful decision. If you have to look at it that many times it not an obvious penalty.
    Despite all the replays, I reckon they missed the deflection off his leg. Or at least that’s the excuse they should be going with in this weeks apology.

I can’t understand how the ball hitting the arm directly vs hitting a leg and bouncing in to the ground and up into his arm results in different outcomes.

Got no problem with that pen being given if the one against Brisbane in the first half is as well. VAR didn?t even get the ref to have a look at that one. Zero consistency.

Never a penalty, he slid in to challenge in a natural position with his arms, imagine trying to slide in with arms alongside your body ? Can?t do it.

The penalty not given or seemingly even looked at in the first half makes the Ingham penalty even more ridiculous.

I have said it for years now, but I have no idea what the handball rule is supposed to be anymore. Any time a ball hits a hand or arm you may as well flip a coin.

Its our own fault for not burying them in the first half, but losing that game in that manner feels like pure theft.

What do we think of the concept now the weekend is over? P+ are gushing success, but that is solely due to some of the actual games played.

Crowds looked low and travelling support for all clubs outside Sydney looked sparse, even MV. It was also obvious that many paid for a double header ticket but either left after their game, or arrived for kickoff.

Whereas all the "favourite" clubs were involved in prime time double headers, the castaway clubs, (NJ, Wello, PG and Brisbane), were given a Sunday night graveyard shift after the local ALW fans had seen their bit and left for dinner. If you insist on merging the comps for this weekend then duplicating fixtures as a double header might work better. Try as the media might we still have many fans who will watch one or the other, but not both - it would have made much more sense to have the ALW BR/Jets match as the first fixture last night. Also few would have driven down two nights in a row to see both Jets games. It was obvious a couple of thousand SFC ALW fans left after the final whistle.

Concept is Ok but needs alot of work I guess.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Never again should this round happen. What a total embarrassment for the game that is already at its lowest of lows since the club owners have been running things. The crowds for games outside of WSW, FC and the scum matches looked like trial match crowds. The whole thing was just a piss poor attempt at imitating the NRL Brizzy round and the AFL Adelaide round.

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery and the powers that be who conjured up this circus of a round for the A League are utter numpties, Townsend's clusterf^&k brain fart still embarrassing the game.

Never again, Just f&*(ing never.

And on another note can we possibly lock Stanton out of the sheds at halftime and leave the halftime speech to somebody else like the kit man who could not do any worse or the bus driver.
    Last edited by 380; 15-01-2024 at 04:02 PM.

Stupid concept. Great for the suits who can stand around altogether in the same room for their soggy sao contests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Stupid idea never gunna work

It’s not a bad idea if you can get more games at the same ground on the same day.

Maybe 1/2 on Friday, 3 on Sat and 2/3 on Sun. And make them back to back to back. The greatest success of the weekend was all the other clubs coming together to sing “we hate Sydney fc”
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    It’s not a bad idea if you can get more games at the same ground on the same day.

Maybe 1/2 on Friday, 3 on Sat and 2/3 on Sun. And make them back to back to back. The greatest success of the weekend was all the other clubs coming together to sing “we hate Sydney fc”
    Name a pitch or ground in Australia that can handle more then 1 or two games a weekend without being ripped to shreds, Ill answer for you NONE and if im not the first or second team playing I'm demanding APL pay all injury fees
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Name a pitch or ground in Australia that can handle more then 1 or two games a weekend without being ripped to shreds, Ill answer for you NONE and if im not the first or second team playing I'm demanding APL pay all injury fees
    I didn’t say it was possible mate, I just said that that’s what they should aim for. By holding more games at the same ground they make an event of it, not just a double header. Makes those travelling more likely to stick around and you end up pooling the crowd figures, making it look better.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Lets just face reality here, This round was was nothing more than an afterbirth on the back of Townsend's monumental Grand Final screw up. This was born from one gooses inability to do his job properly.