Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Round 13 Jets v Sidney @ 7.45pm somewhere in Sidney

Round 13 Jets v Sidney @ 7.45pm somewhere in Sidney

We should win this one
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Struggling to understand what the game plan was tonight.

Pass it between the defence while the midfield runs away?

When we have the ball, try to pass it to a sydney player in space as quickly as you can?

The jets player that moves into space the slowest gets a new car?

10 minutes to go and I still don't have a positive thought about the game.

I don't know if it's the people driving the machines or the refs, but the var has been truly terrible in terms of speed. Everybody loves watching 23 guys standing still and looking bored for 5 minutes after each goal.

The A-League has a cheap VAR "dupe". They can't afford a decent version and there are a lack of cameras. Half arsed so should be binned. Gauging AP's offside over two different angles is bizarre.

It wasn't long ago I'd read the forum everyday, I'd read articles related to the Jets and the A-league in general everyday. I was a member and went to every home game. I'd go to midweek friendlies before the season started in Broadmeadow in the freezing cold. I had an interest in seeing how the youth team went and I knew all the names of the players.

Today I realised we were playing 10 minutes before the game started. We had some bloke on the bench I'd never head of. I'm no longer a member and barely attend a match (admittedly that's not the Jets fault, life is busier now). I didn't see a single result from pre season. Is the Asian champions league still a thing?

I've lost the passion for football in this country and for the Jets. I need to tell myself to support them because I know I should be. But it's an effort now.

There's plenty of issues in football in this country but tonight. Paramount+ and the VAR showed how they are absolutely destroying the game. There's no emotion in scoring a goal anymore. All a goal is now is the beginning of a review to make sure it was legal. And it takes to ****ing long to get a decision. Every single goal tonight took so long to confirm. There was a five minute break to give someone a yellow card ffs. Who the **** is the host of the pre game show and everything? Christ it's painful.

I miss fox. I miss Bozza and Harps and Robbie Slater. Adam Peacok. People with some real passion for the game. I miss a goal being awarded and that's it, it was a goal.

I truly feel sorry for whoever buys this club. What an absolute waste of money.

Football used to be fun. Now it's a manufactured micromanaged chore that it feels like I should be interested in solely because I used to be.

I couldn't care less that we lost tonight. The football was fine, what else do we expect from a bunch of kids at a club with no owner.

Football is dying. I can't be the only one losing the love for it

Last night's game was terrible. We were told by the gaffer he wanted a side that the people of Newcastle would be proud of. Well I don't think it's that.

I think it's time we loo at bringing Jenkinson back in. Need some experience in the backline. Personally I wouldn't have dropped him originally, For some time I felt we haven't been playing our best team.

The oldest outfield player last night was 25 (Piscopo) and when he went off, it was 24. We really seem directionless out there with no real leadership
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Last night's game was terrible. We were told by the gaffer he wanted a side that the people of Newcastle would be proud of. Well I don't think it's that.

I think it's time we loo at bringing Jenkinson back in. Need some experience in the backline. Personally I wouldn't have dropped him originally, For some time I felt we haven't been playing our best team.
    I tend to agree, If anything i thought his continued absence was an attempt by the club to move him on this window.

Bite the bullet, the kids need help. Play Hoff at RB, Jenko with Natta, and O'Neill when fit. Lucky Phil on the bench, and Dingham to midfield if anywhere.

I know first mistake by any and there will be alot of hand wringing, but last week O'Neill post match was obviously frustrated these boys can't stick to a game plan and are starting to drop the bundle, a huge flogging is looming.

At least the older ones have been there before and can at least stabilise things.

O Neill would be one of our higher paid players and his contribution has been average at best. Cheap yellows like still playing under Gypo Arnie, Turning the ball over more than Ridenton which is say'n something and looking nothing like the player he was.

I agree with alot of what has been said.

O'Neill's interview after the Macarthur game was one of a player so frustrated. He has been inconsistent on the field himself.
    He really needs to play in a dominant team where he can sit and dictate the game. He is starting to really slow up, so chasing back and breaking up play isn't his strength.

The Jenkinson one is a little strange. All the pre season talk was about him starting right back, 1 and a half games in and he is dropped out of the squad altogether.

I get the whole youth thing. Bring young players in, sell them on. But the reality is you need a balance.
    I'm trying to think of a team basically full off players under 24 that has won major competitions around the world??

When Man United had Scholes, Butt, Beckham and the Neville's come through there was still Irwin, Keane, Cantona and Co. Adelaide have alot of younger players but they still play Isaias , Lopez and a few others.

I think a few of the guys have stepped up, Scott has been decent, Cancar has looked alright. But for mine some decisions look a little too obvious for me to see, the line has been we are playing our best team.

Im doubting this is our best team.

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    I agree with alot of what has been said.

O'Neill's interview after the Macarthur game was one of a player so frustrated. He has been inconsistent on the field himself.
    He really needs to play in a dominant team where he can sit and dictate the game. He is starting to really slow up, so chasing back and breaking up play isn't his strength.

The Jenkinson one is a little strange. All the pre season talk was about him starting right back, 1 and a half games in and he is dropped out of the squad altogether.

I get the whole youth thing. Bring young players in, sell them on. But the reality is you need a balance.
    I'm trying to think of a team basically full off players under 24 that has won major competitions around the world??

When Man United had Scholes, Butt, Beckham and the Neville's come through there was still Irwin, Keane, Cantona and Co. Adelaide have alot of younger players but they still play Isaias , Lopez and a few others.

I think a few of the guys have stepped up, Scott has been decent, Cancar has looked alright. But for mine some decisions look a little too obvious for me to see, the line has been we are playing our best team.

Im doubting this is our best team.
    Here's my conspiracy theory. Possibly 1 may be correct.
    Theory 1, Jenkinson was subbed at half time v Victory along with 2 others. Getting smashed the dressing room at half time would have been chaotic. Senior players could have possibly questioned tactics? Jenkinson and Hoffman weren't in the squad the following week.

Theory 2, O'Neill has been out ill in 2 of the last 4-5 games. Twice in a month, possibly?? Or has he had a blow up and been stood down for a week?

I reckon at least one is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Struggling to understand what the game plan was tonight.

Pass it between the defence while the midfield runs away?

When we have the ball, try to pass it to a sydney player in space as quickly as you can?

The jets player that moves into space the slowest gets a new car?

10 minutes to go and I still don't have a positive thought about the game.
    I could make a cup of tea in the time it takes for the Jets to go from the 18 yard line to half way, that's not the way to do it. The Bulls know how its done, great to watch too

It’s funny, one of my biggest gripes with GvE in the second or third stint he had was how far forward our fullbacks/wingbacks are when we have the ball. If the CB has it, they need to make a 30-40m pass to get to our fullbacks, which then means if we turn it over, suddenly they’re severely out of position. I don’t know if they’re being told that, but that needs to stop.

Also I agree with riverboy, although I will say that Hoff and Jenko were horrible in that game and deserved a week or two on the sideline.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    It’s funny, one of my biggest gripes with GvE in the second or third stint he had was how far forward our fullbacks/wingbacks are when we have the ball. If the CB has it, they need to make a 30-40m pass to get to our fullbacks, which then means if we turn it over, suddenly they’re severely out of position. I don’t know if they’re being told that, but that needs to stop.

Also I agree with riverboy, although I will say that Hoff and Jenko were horrible in that game and deserved a week or two on the sideline.
    We need Gallaway back and reinstate Hoff so we have two whipping boy fullbacks. Make it happen Cous b4 you head over to the land of Xi

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

Same issue when fullbacks get the ball the wingers "run away" or "make runs" so they either boot it forward or pass it back, Plus both our CM's never sit in the middle no matter who is it they go chasing the ball and leave us with massive gaps
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    It wasn't long ago I'd read the forum everyday, I'd read articles related to the Jets and the A-league in general everyday. I was a member and went to every home game. I'd go to midweek friendlies before the season started in Broadmeadow in the freezing cold. I had an interest in seeing how the youth team went and I knew all the names of the players.

Today I realised we were playing 10 minutes before the game started. We had some bloke on the bench I'd never head of. I'm no longer a member and barely attend a match (admittedly that's not the Jets fault, life is busier now). I didn't see a single result from pre season. Is the Asian champions league still a thing?

I've lost the passion for football in this country and for the Jets. I need to tell myself to support them because I know I should be. But it's an effort now.

There's plenty of issues in football in this country but tonight. Paramount+ and the VAR showed how they are absolutely destroying the game. There's no emotion in scoring a goal anymore. All a goal is now is the beginning of a review to make sure it was legal. And it takes to ****ing long to get a decision. Every single goal tonight took so long to confirm. There was a five minute break to give someone a yellow card ffs. Who the **** is the host of the pre game show and everything? Christ it's painful.

I miss fox. I miss Bozza and Harps and Robbie Slater. Adam Peacok. People with some real passion for the game. I miss a goal being awarded and that's it, it was a goal.

I truly feel sorry for whoever buys this club. What an absolute waste of money.

Football used to be fun. Now it's a manufactured micromanaged chore that it feels like I should be interested in solely because I used to be.

I couldn't care less that we lost tonight. The football was fine, what else do we expect from a bunch of kids at a club with no owner.

Football is dying. I can't be the only one losing the love for it
    this is the most spot on thing I've read in ages

I appreciate the other club owners stepping in to keep the club afloat but the truth of the matter is all they did was place the club in some comatose'd ( sorry for the grammer ) state.

Club and the league in general is pretty much lifeless at the minute. As bad as it is trying to support this club at present i do feel for the Glory supporters. Having the APL rip your squad apart mid season is truly screwed up. Would be almost enough to turn you off following the club for good making it an even harder proposition to sell. Fair play and respect to those at the Glory who were able to put it all aside and make a good fist of things last night.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this is the most spot on thing I've read in ages
    I don't think everything MM says is correct but a lot of it is. My exit began when I was told to get out of my seat for the grand final, but that was FFA, been downhill ever since. I won't be going to any games till they value the members and not facebook

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    I won't be going to any games till they value the members and not facebook
    Wait?

So you don't even go to the games yet are STILL this miserable?

Amazing.