Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,720 of 1783

Thread: Arsenal (the fiesta is mouldy) thread.

  1. #1701
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I'm starting facts. Not sure what they were doing. But nothing new there
    Mate, even Danny Ings has scored more goals than Tammy. Bloke is already a has-been.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  2. #1702
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Weimar Germany
    Posts
    891
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    That can't be true, Leeds haven't spent anywhere near a comparative amount of money as Liverpool have to not win the league.

    They are more like Tottenham, everyone loves them in the media but they fall apart come awards season. I think they call it "Argyrophobia", which is a fear of silverware.
    Much prefer going out in a blaze of glory and get nothing than settling for the silver medal and complaining about Sir Alex

  3. #1703
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Much prefer going out in a blaze of glory and get nothing than settling for the silver medal and complaining about Sir Alex
    Haha. I love it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  4. #1704
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    **** Mike Dean. I don't understand how he is still allowed to ref our games, he's clearly and openly hates us more than SB. No pen given for this.

    https://streamable.com/qbs6t

    (Can't work out how to Embed the GIF in my current state. Sorry)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  5. #1705
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    **** Mike Dean. I don't understand how he is still allowed to ref our games, he's clearly and openly hates us more than SB. No pen given for this.

    https://streamable.com/qbs6t

    (Can't work out how to Embed the GIF in my current state. Sorry)
    VAR is the bigger problem

    You contrast with the penalty Topor conceeded last night

    Both to the letter of law correct

    1 given
    1 denied

    Blame.VAR

    It ****ing the game
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  6. #1706
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    VAR is the bigger problem

    You contrast with the penalty Topor conceeded last night

    Both to the letter of law correct

    1 given
    1 denied

    Blame.VAR

    It ****ing the game
    Yes, I admit VAR ****ed up. But I refuse to acknowledge it as anything more than a tool that teams can buy to aid their season. Anyone who thought VAR was going to have a positive effect on the league for all teams is an idiot. I hope it continues to screw up in the hopes that it costs someone a huge amount of money betting and the guys who actually own football kick it to the kerb, no matter how unlikely that is.

    Mike Deans is my problem tho. He saw it, every other person on earth understands that you can't trip a player in the box, yet he decides that we don't deserve a penalty. I honestly reckon Tim Sherwood would be a less bias ref than Deans, and I truly mean that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  7. #1707
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yes, I admit VAR ****ed up. But I refuse to acknowledge it as anything more than a tool that teams can buy to aid their season. Anyone who thought VAR was going to have a positive effect on the league for all teams is an idiot. I hope it continues to screw up in the hopes that it costs someone a huge amount of money betting and the guys who actually own football kick it to the kerb, no matter how unlikely that is.

    Mike Deans is my problem tho. He saw it, every other person on earth understands that you can't trip a player in the box, yet he decides that we don't deserve a penalty. I honestly reckon Tim Sherwood would be a less bias ref than Deans, and I truly mean that.
    VAR is the problem here

    Refs have always been poor

    VAR is meant to correct the error

    That is why it is there

    It failed like it always does
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  8. #1708
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    Luiz 😂😂😂

  9. #1709
    Senior Member Retro Jet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,303
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Luiz 😂😂😂
    Sometimes I think Arsensl are better without him.

    Great come back Gunners.
    10 men Frank...10 men.

  10. #1710
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    Fair play to the Arse crazy game

  11. #1711
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Luiz ������
    You misspelt Mustafi. He was the one who caused the Red card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  12. #1712
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

    I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  13. #1713
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,265
    I interpreted it as a yellow card offence as well. Maybe I've also missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  14. #1714
    Senior Member StannyCFCJET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Newy
    Posts
    4,425
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

    I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.
    That was always going to be a red. Abraham had a open goal pretty much
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��


    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

  15. #1715
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Can anyone explain to me why Luiz got the red as well, what was worse compared to every other last man tackle that only gets a Pen/Yellow, as per the new guidelines to avoid "triple jeopardy" on last man tackles? It wasn't a dangerous tackle at all, he was trying to win the ball at least as much as others do. If he gives Luiz a yellow and a pen to Chelsea noone would have been surprised. The red card and penalty is too much for that challenge IMO. Especially considering Mustafi was on the line to block any shot as well.

    I know I'm hugely bias on this. But the refs just can't help ****ing us over as hard as they possibly can each week. Any chance to penalise or send us off they take with open arms. We get zero big 50-50 calls these days.
    I think there is some policy in the EPL that all the favourable decisions go to 1 team in red each season

    Every other team in red has to pay the price so it don't look so dodgy
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  16. #1716
    Senior Member MFKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,219
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    That was always going to be a red. Abraham had a open goal pretty much
    He probably miss anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

    Double-eff-aye should introduce a 3rd division and dump these ice addict welfare living scumbags straight there. dont even let them get their stink anywhere near 2nd division.

  17. #1717
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    That was always going to be a red. Abraham had a open goal pretty much
    Open goal doesn't mean instant red cards anymore. They changed the rules to stop triple jeopardy for those fouls.

    It's only when it's a bad foul or the player made no attempt at the ball. Like just grab their shirt from behind and drag them down when the goal is open. I don't know how the ref came to the conclusion of a red card, unless he just forgot the news rules which have been in affect since.... 2016!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  18. #1718
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    He probably miss anyway
    Mustafi was a few feet away from the line and would have stopped anything other thanna very powerful front post shot. Luiz wasn't the last man at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

  19. #1719
    Senior Member Jeterpool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Wait, I know this one
    Posts
    10,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Mustafi was a few feet away from the line and would have stopped anything other thanna very powerful front post shot. Luiz wasn't the last man at all.
    You'd trust Mustafi to stop it successfully?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

  20. #1720
    Senior Member Frodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    The Shire
    Posts
    2,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You'd trust Mustafi to stop it successfully?
    It was only Tammy. But yeah, somehow he could have kicked into his own face and back into goal... Even if the ball was on the ground.


    If you watch the foul aftermath, Mustafi actually clears the ball into Luiz's chest and it went back toward goal. Lol. So Luiz gets a red because of a Mustafi stuff up and to thank him, Mustafi boots the ball straight into him from 10 yards away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •