Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Doesn't that in it's self make a joke of the NEWFM comp? Why have promotion and relegation if not all the clubs in the NEWFM have the ambition to play
    this is a pretty stupid point. not every team is good enough to play in the nbn, it doesn't mean they wouldn't love the opportunity. just like the lower teams in zpl would love to have a crack at newfm but just aren't good enough, hull city would love to play in the champions league etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    NBN? Remember the bullshit that went on a few years back with Uni and I think it Dudley winning the then 2HD but lakes and Awaba were saved due to them not wanting or qualifiing for promotion?
    If promotion and relegation is to work then every side in the lower division needs to be ready and able to make the step up and promote.
    this is a good point.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Maitland won 1-0 over Adamstown. Race for promotion is back on

Will the buds choke

Westy 1-0 over Toronto 1st grade
    0-0 23s
    3-1 westy 19s
    Good day out for the bluebells semi final football for first grade

After watching maitland today I think it would be a shame to not see them on nbn next year. They play an attractive style of football, have a large supporter base, and obviously have a clear pathway from juniors to seniors (as seen in the hundreds of kids running around the field and half time).
    With one of the biggest geographical bases in the federation I think maitland need to be in nbn next yr

Quote Originally Posted by newi24-2-08 View Post
    After watching maitland today I think it would be a shame to not see them on nbn next year. They play an attractive style of football, have a large supporter base, and obviously have a clear pathway from juniors to seniors (as seen in the hundreds of kids running around the field and half time).
    With one of the biggest geographical bases in the federation I think maitland need to be in nbn next yr
    Was a great day at Windy Hill.

Maitland are working hard to develop the future and with a bit of luck everything will gel sooner than later. The senior coaching staff have all done a great job in a poor comp and encouraged a possession style of football to be played from U/12's through to 1st grade.

I have 2 clubs I follow, Maitland and Weston and I'd love to see a true local derby next season as the crowd would be massive and give the game a massive lift in profile that a all Newcastle club comp couldn't give.

On a different note, why did Adamstown take Tanker off at half time and why the **** was Mason Palmerie (or how ever the **** you spell his name) wearing gloves?
    Last edited by JCBT; 04-08-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Will the buds choke
    3 Cheers for Westy, they are white and the blue, 3 cheers for Westy, don't let the forwards get through!!!!! I'll help George, Smithy and the boys sing the song if they do Maitland a favour and beat Adamstown.
    I may even get an old Weston Bears supporter and Adamstown hater in Kim King to go to the game and heckle Tanker and the Schnitzel bitch. Anything to help the Pies!!!!

What a day of games at Maitland today.
    Loved the crowd, Maitland put on a great day for everyone.

19s-1-0 maito. Very good game, Adamstown have improved every week but Maitland a class above. Atown will really need to recruit to compete in nbn. God how id love to see how the Maito team would go in nbn they have some very good young players.

23s- 0-0. Probably the game of the day and best spectator game ive seen in a long long time. Maitland needed a win over Atown to knock them off the top of the table. Both teams a class above everyone else in the competition and the game brought the best out of both teams. I would say that Maito probably had the better of the chances and possession, the Atown keeper made some fine saves to keep the scores locked and Atown dug in deep defensively to hold on for a vital point.

1sts- 1-0 Maito. Another great spectacle and a battle of wills between 2 very even teams with different football styles, i think the biggest impact on Atowns game today was the high wind speed which greatly numbed Atowns set pieces of which they rely on heavily in their game imo. Game easily could have gone each way however Benny Martin with a fine early goal to give maito the lead and a tough battle until the final whistle.

Honestly both teams need to be promoted, for the good of the future of NBN Maitland need to be promoted, as JCBT said Maito now have huge connections with the juniors and this is a hugely untapped resource. From what i am led to believe most of the boys from 19s all the way through to 1sts are Maitland locals and many of them having played for maitland juniors.

Who was at the westy game and can give a match report, big win by westy to sneak in to the semis.

Heard one of the very experience Toronto players took his shirt off wanting to take on some westy young ones ?

Now semis are in concrete, would have to be broken down

Maitland / Adamstown finished where most people expected them to be..
    Belswans / Thornton biggest improvers, and with DMac there for three more years future looks bright
    Westy slightly dissapointing, prob expected to push for top two but plenty to build on
    Cessnock / Singleton Just the usual
    Tronno very dissaponting, should be a top four side.

Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Who was at the westy game and can give a match report, big win by westy to sneak in to the semis.

Heard one of the very experience Toronto players took his shirt off wanting to take on some westy young ones ?

Belswans / Thornton biggest improvers, and with DMac there for three more years future looks bright
    Westy slightly dissapointing, prob expected to push for top two but plenty to build on

Just my opinion
    Westy v Toronto very tight affair but teams game it there all physical battle westy opened scoring very early on through Caine Riley quality goal Toronto had numerous chances as well as a disallowed goal both sides gave it there all not the greatest quality at times but exciting to watch and could tell what was at stake for both sides and yes a certain Toronto player did wanna play boxing with his shirt off with a westy player overall well done to smithy get his young bluebells side into semis the future could be good out westy

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post

Just my opinion
    the young westy guy was pulling the shirt in a tackle- ref gave free kick to trono and the very experienced guy offered the westy guy his shirt. Ref had a good laugh as did everyone else.though the stags might consider themselves unlucky in this game with a touch judge overuling the goal after the ref gave the goal to the stags. That was weird- the ref was close and in full view of the goal while the young touch judge was 40 yards away impeded by several players! that's football, and refs make stuff-ups and sometimes it can change the outcome of the game. Maybe should have been 3-3.
    all teams not making the semis would be very dissapointed. A-town to win ther next 4 games and lift the cup.

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    the young westy guy was pulling the shirt in a tackle- ref gave free kick to trono and the very experienced guy offered the westy guy his shirt. Ref had a good laugh as did everyone else.though the stags might consider themselves unlucky in this game with a touch judge overuling the goal after the ref gave the goal to the stags. That was weird- the ref was close and in full view of the goal while the young touch judge was 40 yards away impeded by several players! that's football, and refs make stuff-ups and sometimes it can change the outcome of the game. Maybe should have been 3-3.
    all teams not making the semis would be very dissapointed. A-town to win ther next 4 games and lift the cup.
    Sutho are u a Toronto supporter or the scorpions which one?
    The people on the side line that you refer to were linesman, now referees assistants, never were they touch judges. ****en rugby ppl on football forums.
    If you do follow Toronto can you tell us why they have no teams in the finals this year where last year I thought they had a couple make it.

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Sutho are u a Toronto supporter or the scorpions which one?
    The people on the side line that you refer to were linesman, now referees assistants, never were they touch judges. ****en rugby ppl on football forums.
    If you do follow Toronto can you tell us why they have no teams in the finals this year where last year I thought they had a couple make it.
    Isn't everyone a scorpion supporter?

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    isn't everyone a scorpion supporter?
    "get over here!!"

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    "get over here!!"
    ha ha.
    FINISH HIM !! -- NAMWOB WINS

In regards to the Toronto Awaba vs West Wallsend game, it has come to my attention that certain members of the West Wallsend crowd were engaging in racist slurs with a member of the Toronto under 23's team, whilst warming up.

I do understand it was an old boys day and there would have been a few boys on the piss, but stuff like this in a state league match is disgusting and shows poor tastes of sportsmanship

Result aside I had a great day at Maitland on Sunday and having watched all 3 grades I must say that was the best $5 entry I have paid for a days football in a while.

Maitland put on a show and the Maitland fans turned out in full force and in my opinion made a real difference in the support of their team. Pity the same cannot be said tof the buds supporters as it really was a poor showing giving NBN football was on the line. The Adamstown supporters will hopefully be out in force for what we hope is the clincher on Sunday.

19s ..smashing game and the second time the buds 19s have lost only 1-0 to the run away leaders in a matter of weeks - not sure of the league position for the 19s buds but it will be a shame if they miss out on finals football

23s ... What a game indeed and the talent on show from both teams would not have looked out of place at 1st grade level..

The 23s coach at Adamstown has really made this team good to watch but on sunday they showed another side to them with a real gritty display and it certainly looked like they outwitted Maitland on sunday and got the vital point that should win them the league.... I would say maitland had the clearest chances and will feel they should have scored but possesion wise and tactically I thought the buds 23s got it spot on.

1st grade ... The game was called off ..... :-) I wish that was the case.

I thought on the balance of it that Maitland deserved the win ... Ouch that is hard to say !!!! They just seemed to want it more than Adamstown and judging by Glen Chapmans reaction in the technical area he was not happy and will feel a few players let him down at the weekend.

The wind was not great and I did think the ref went with Maitland on a few massive calls but not making excuses .. Maitland were the better team on the day.

So onto Sunday and its all to play for still in 23s and 1st grade but i predict a double for the buds and back to the NBN we go !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Heskey View Post
    In regards to the Toronto Awaba vs West Wallsend game, it has come to my attention that certain members of the West Wallsend crowd were engaging in racist slurs with a member of the Toronto under 23's team, whilst warming up.

I do understand it was an old boys day and there would have been a few boys on the piss, but stuff like this in a state league match is disgusting and shows poor tastes of sportsmanship
    Surely not

Which should be the best game to go see this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by punter View Post
    Which should be the best game to go see this weekend?
    Maitland v Thornton