Page 39 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Where are Pool getting 60-80m from, though? I get the sale of those few players will help, but: if City have breached Financial Fair Play in Europe, and there is any truth behind Pool already breaching it with their current squad, how are they actually allowed to spend that money?
    Would have to be Champions League cash innit? LFC would be one of the only (biggish) clubs in Europe who's revenues are about to go way up.
    Reading the other day United stand to lose about £35m in TV/prize money alone from UCL. Factor in sponsorship/gate/merch money and LFC would prob have plenty of cash to 'legally' spend. Not £60-80m but maybe £40m odd esp if transfer $ come in.

Where are Pool getting 60-80m from, though? I get the sale of those few players will help, but: if City have breached Financial Fair Play in Europe, and there is any truth behind Pool already breaching it with their current squad, how are they actually allowed to spend that money?
    I actually wonder the same thing. A few things but Liverpool's wage budget would not even be close to City's and there is a huge increase from TV revenue next season plus Liverpool will get added money compared to this season due to the Champions League. That said I'm still concerned about FFP.

Just quickly on FFP how hypocritical are UEFA to fine City and PSG reportedly €50 million. I'm sorry but I don't get logic of fining a club money for breaching a rule of spending to much money in which said rule was introduced to stop clubs from going bankrupt.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Just quickly on FFP how hypocritical are UEFA to fine City and PSG reportedly €50 million. I'm sorry but I don't get logic of fining a club money for breaching a rule of spending to much money in which said rule was introduced to stop clubs from going bankrupt.
    The fine can be paid by the owners with no impact on the clubs bottom line. So the Royal family etc will pay the bill. The fine is to (hopefully) punish owners who fund these clubs rather than the clubs themselves.
    (Hope that made sense).

If you're on the twitters there's a journo(I think he's a journo) called Ed Thompson (@edthompsn) who explains all the FFP stuff really well.

Worth a read if you're into that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The fine can be paid by the owners with no impact on the clubs bottom line. So the Royal family etc will pay the bill. The fine is to (hopefully) punish owners who fund these clubs rather than the clubs themselves.
    (Hope that made sense).
    Yeah sort of but I fear a precedent will be set by this, what happens if say Fenerbahce breach FFP dose that mean the Fenerbahce Sports Club then have to pay a €50mil fine.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    If you're on the twitters there's a journo(I think he's a journo) called Ed Thompson (@edthompsn) who explains all the FFP stuff really well.

Worth a read if you're into that stuff.
    I'll have a look into it.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

probably from the sale of suarez to Madrid. Only talk at this stage of course

Yeah sort of but I fear a precedent will be set by this, what happens if say Fenerbahce breach FFP dose that mean the Fenerbahce Sports Club then have to pay a €50mil fine.
    Yes.
    But I assume Fenerbahce don't have a multi billionaire backing them so would be less inclined to spend money they don't have (for fear of not only breaking the rules but to avoid bankruptcy as you alluded to).

The rules were designed to stop a club with say £200m turnover operating as if it had £800m turnover just because they had someone backing them that can make up the losses.

By all means they aren't perfect but at least it's a start. There will always be cases of clubs getting around the rules but I guess things aren't perfect now anyway.

Besides, I kind of like the fact a team like Arsenal, who seem to have their house in order, will get rewarded for good governance rather than lucking out from someone with mega pockets buying them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I think we are another year or 2 away from a dominant title campaign. We may be in a similar position come Xmas next year (in the mix with a few games left) but i think we are a few years away from a campaign where we win it with a few games to go.

That being said, I think our realistic goals would be similar to yours.
    - Finish Top 4, otherwise all the hard work would be for nothing and we would risk losing a lot of players.
    - A solid Group stage in Europe, a win or 2 would be good. (Unless we improve our squad depth a lot, i think we are better off concentrating on securing 4th, than attempting a CL push.)
    - Sign a quality striker. Give Suarez and Sturridge a break when their form dips. And just to add to our squad. City, for example, have the luxury of having Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero, Jovetic. 4 Quality strikers.
    - Sort our defence out. This is pivotal if we want any success next year. Our defence is simply not good enough. Excuse my *mini-rant*
    -Another solid midfielder is needed for our increase in fixtures. Hopefully reunite Alonso and Gerrard for another CL campaign haha.
    -Retain Suarez for another year. I think Madrid will come knocking tbh. SO i think we should be looking for a replacement. Though his recent love-in with Gerrard may entice him to stay for one final shot.
    - Extend Rogers contract - he looks like a long term option. Just the way he carries himself and speaks is what we've been after for so long, without having the circus of Mourinho and joining the merry-go-round of coaches.

Audacious goals
    - Win the league
    - Quarter Finals CL.

How we strengthen the squad over the next few months will determine just how competitive we aim to be. We have a real chance to secure our next 3 years of Top 4 with some solid signings.

*Ok, our defence has let us down so many times this year. Things happen but on so many occasions we ****ed up with OG's, slips and careless turnovers. I'm talking about those gift goals. i.e. Stevie G, Toure had a few. If we irradicate just those goals, we win the league this year imo. Success story for this year is Flanagan, he has emerged as a genuine hope for the future. Skrtel's refusal to leave, speaking to Rogers begging for a chance to stay and try and earn a spot, has been great. His form has been terrific and probably our best CB option atm. I believe Agger has done reasonably well when he plays. I don't really know why he was made Vice captain if Rogers didn't see him as a regular starter, so that makes me wonder what happened. Imo get rid of Sakho and Toure. Bring in a World Class CB, play Skrtel or Agger alongside them. Johnson has been AIDS recently. He has potential to be brilliant but his capitulation against Palace was the final straw for me. Sell him, get some $$$ before he is worthless. Cissokho did well, but we need a better long term option. Hopefully Enrique is fit :S. Essentially, A new CB, and a LB. And possibly a hybrid player who can do either.
    Seriously in spite of your efforts in the last few weeks where we will beg to differ about whether you choked you still finished 2 points off wining the League. Now I know you can't turn form on and off at the drop of a hat but reality is you aint that far away from reaching the summit.

Why the **** are you expecting it to take a few years now to get there??

Your squad should be deeper and more experienced and regardless of what Man C Chelski Manure Arsenal etc do with themselves you should still be in a great position to have a crack at it regardless.

DISCLAIMER (Assuming you don't choke AGAIN)

theyll have CL to deal with now.
    and a weight of expectation.

they thought they were a chance for 1/4 of a season.
    Imagine how they ll cope when they they'll be expecting to win it from the start.

I hope they can saty in the top four and ManUtd sit outside for a little longer.

Interesting table here if only Goals English players counted.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...hare&smv2&_r=0

Means nothing I know but it's a Interesting point, still doesn't make me feel any better
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I think with £70-£80mil you could land Lallana, Hummels, Strootman, Richards & Shaw. So with the sale of Reina, Johnson, Enrique & Coates + £60mil it's possible to fund.
    Haha no way in the world will that be enough money to buy all of those players.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Lallana £15-20
    Strootman £20-25
    Hummels £20-25
    Shaw £10-12
    Richards £10-12

If you pay anymore for said players you're pay overs
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Lallana £15-20
    Strootman £20-25
    Hummels £20-25
    Shaw £10-12
    Richards £10-12
    you don't read much transfer news, do you? shaw will go for close to 30mil.

lallana will be at least 20mil.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I read United have already bid 27m for Shaw
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    you don't read much transfer news, do you? shaw will go for close to 30mil.

lallana will be at least 20mil.
    I do actually I see reports of United bidding £25mil for Shaw, which is well overpriced for a 18y/o that's had a good half of a season at a mid table club.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I do actually I see reports of United bidding £25mil for Shaw, which is well overpriced for a 18y/o that's had a good half of a season at a mid table club.
    You're forgetting that he's English, he's capped, and several clubs want him
    OK

ok, yeah, so why would you then think that liverpool could nab him for 10 million?

You're forgetting that he's English, he's capped, and several clubs want him
    So was Carroll before his move to Liverpool. His unproven and if a Club want to spend £30mil to secure him then all the best to them I just hope it's not Liverpool, I would hope we've lernt from our mistakes.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    ok, yeah, so why would you then think that liverpool could nab him for 10 million?
    I'm just stating that's what his value is not how much he'll go for.
    I'M GULLIBLE!