Page 52 of 178 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Funny end to the game given the pre-match game they showed highlights for on fox.
    Ballotelli though....
    I feel for the big man, to be fair it came to him with a bit of pace and bouncing..
    the blokes clrealy got the fiirst goal hoodoo on him, as soon as he gets that goal im pretty confident the flood gates will open.....

that last OG would have been balo's

I spose the dissappointment for me is that berisha would be getting more mental each game he doesnt score and tries harder to smash the world up until he scores. Balo seems to accept his fate through depression and inactivity which is what i fkn hate.
    Last edited by hawk; 20-10-2014 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    I feel for the big man, to be fair it came to him with a bit of pace and bouncing..
    the blokes clrealy got the fiirst goal hoodoo on him, as soon as he gets that goal im pretty confident the flood gates will open.....
    I thought this at first. But how long has it been now? He scored against Ludogorets..So i thought that may have spurred him on. But as Hawk says, he's disinterested, he goes missing for periods which is not what we need.
    Borini, though not in the same class, runs his ass off every game trying to spark something. Even Lambert looked to do reasonable the other week. Curious to see how we go Vs madrid

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    a ticket stuff up by my hotel meant I didn't get to go to QPR v Liverpool - pretty gutted as you can imagine

to make up for it, they've bought us tickets to Liverpool v Real Madrid at Anfield and put us up in their hotel up there

not bad service

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    a ticket stuff up by my hotel meant I didn't get to go to QPR v Liverpool - pretty gutted as you can imagine

to make up for it, they've bought us tickets to Liverpool v Real Madrid at Anfield and put us up in their hotel up there

not bad service
    That's terrible a team with all that money and stars like Ferdinand, Zamora, Phillips and Chaluka now you're stuck Ronaldo, Bale and Co.

Edit: Woohoo Bale is injured now you don't have to put up with his shit
    Last edited by Premy; 21-10-2014 at 07:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

not bad service
    Nice!
    OK

How's the atmosphere boz!
    Sounds pretty good on telly.
    How's Ancelotti "pass it to Ronaldo"

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    ronaldo is the biggest c**t in football
    (Maybe be references to unpopular beliefs)
    Last edited by hawk; 23-10-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Thought we did well first 20, and perhaps with Sturridge up front with/without balo, could've snagged a goal.
    Conceding that first one ruined any momentum/morale/confidence that we could get something out of it.

Our defence is shonky as anything. Can't win a ball in the air. Johnson is deadset poor, and how he is England's best fullback option is beyond me. Need 2x CBs.

Our attack without Sturridge is terrible. Balo has potential, but again doesn't look phased. Need a leading line striker ASAP. We have reasonable history with developing top class strikers so hopefully next one isn't too far away.

We played better 2nd half, but probably more Madrid letting up.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    wasn't the best game to go to to be honest

shit Madrid are amazing to watch in person though - just class all over the pitch, amazing to watch that level of football, I've not seen anything like it and probably won't again

as for the experience of going to Anfield - it's actually really disorganised, poorly laid out and quite a shit venue in most regards - j guess I'm just used to special bsu and train services, crowd control measures and the sort of thing you'd expect in the first world

still, hearing the kop sing 'you'll never walk alone' is one of the great moments in world sport, it's pretty damn incredible to witness in person

you may be dissapointed with football on your return

Football sucks, ay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Football sucks, ay.
    Shitest ever
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Can we get 3 points tonight?

1. Give balo somebody to play with up front. Give sterling a crack, his raw pace skill and ability would make him a massive threat and successfully take a lot of attention away from balo. Sterling will do any job asked of him.

2. Lucas or Can in defensive midfield. The whole purpose of playing Gerrard deep was to utilise his strengths in a way that we could play him for the full 90. He had Sturridge and Suarez, arguably 2 of the top 5 strikers last year, making runs all over the place. This year he has had nobody making runs and Gerrard is ineffective and teams are easily counteracting that tactic. Put him attacking midfield and ask him for 60 minutes.

3. Give toure another run, by all accounts (I missed it as was overseas) played a top game against Madrid.

-----------balo-----sterling---
    ----------------Gerrard
    Coutinho/lala-----------hendo/lala
    ------------Lucas/can/Hendo

I thought Mario was also injured?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

If that's the case, Borini and Sterling up front please. Our team functions better when there's players making runs up front. Mario's style of, "hit my feet, i'll do the rest" doesn't really suit how we played last year.
    A new (or old) approach is needed, we can't stick to this 1 up front thing for much longer, it's killing us.

We need to sign a 30M+ striker this transfer window, or our top 4 hopes are gone.
    Sturridge,as good as he was last year, I don't think we should rely on, to play very much (or overly effectively) this season...he's already missed a chunk of the year. Get him fit, then see where we are atm.
    Mario - inherited role as sole striker, which doesn't suit him at all, his form is terrible, and his ratio of goals/game is terrible for our main striker atm.
    Borini - promising, but not really up to being Liverpool's starting striker
    Lambert - played well for southampton last year, and that form could be handy off the bench. Problem is, he needs the game time to refine his skills (use it or lose it).

Origi - leave him on loan to play a year of first team football, bringing him into this shambles wouldn't be good for his confidence.

I think FSG will be pulling the trigger this week. Champs league money>Rodgers payout.

They'd have to have a plan B obviously.

Football is depressing at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Feel for Rodgers. I feel like this is only 50% his fault. I genuinely saw him as our long term manager. There's talk of Klopp, which might be a decent shake up.
    1. Suarez going - I feel like people higher up than Rodgers agreed to let him go as the price was reasonable and after all the bad PR with his bite, they probably saw him as a liability. we went through majority of the transfer window assuming we had Suarez and sturridge to carve it up again, so lambert was brought in to be a sub option.
    2. Injury to sturridge - Suarez leaving, meant sturridge was our no1. And it's not like he wasn't worthy of a no1 striker role. He was 2nd to Suarez in epl. And definitely top 10 striker on form. So plans were adjusted for him to inherit no1. An injury to him meant we are without our top 2 strikers from last season.
    3. As a result of 1, we needed a big name. We should've played hard ball to get Sanchez imo. Barca wanted Suarez. We had the power. Instead we took a punt on mario, who was probably the biggest name reported as available at the time. And it just hasn't really worked out at the moment.

So you could argue he shouldve brought in a world class striker and world class defender. But with Suarez and sturridge I don't think we had games for a big name. As I say, Suarez leaving lead to the balo panic buy, and the injuries to sturridge mean the panic buy is leading the line. Rodgers biggest weakness since he came in is his transfer market success rate.

The problem with dumping Rodgers now, is finding a good manager that's available mid season and these good managers don't dissown their clubs mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodgers
    "Look at Tottenham, when you spend over £100m you'd expect to be challenging for the league."

So yeah.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week