Page 6 of 79 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The endless (and probably pointless) GK debate thread.

Its OK it wasn't birraz fault, that all lies with regs..... What a cop out!

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/t...s-horror-night

Also confirmation about heskey and the club in talks, im sure that will be next to be linked to the reason for birraz mistakes, after all its not birraz fault he's perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Would love to see this sung by the squadron next game.
    To the tune of "We're Not Gonna Take it"

You're not going to Europe
    You're not going to Europe
    You're not going to Europe Anymore.....
    What do you hope that will achieve?

I think it will demonstrate to our player that we, the fans, don't support him.

Maybe by singing FOR him, or any player for that matter, will result in them feeling phased about any future losses
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Training ground bust-up to blame for Birighitti's horror night

Newcastle coach Clayton Zane has conceded the training ground fight with teammate Taylor Regan may have had a bigger effect on goal-keeper Mark Birighitti than the Jets coaching staff first thought as the 22-year-old was at fault for two of the three goals the Mariners scored in their 3-1 F3 Derby triumph on Saturday evening.

Birighitti was caught napping when Mariners defender Eddy Bosnar drilled a free-kick home from just inside the Jets half after just 41 seconds before the former Adelaide United player fumbled a Matt Simon attempt which offered up the third goal to Glen Trifiro two minutes from time at Central Coast Stadium.

Birighitti and Regan, who didn’t feature on Saturday evening, came to blows at Jets training on Monday and the spat was clearly still on the young goalkeeper's mind.

“It’s been a very big week if you add the two goals on top of the incident’ conceded Zane.

“You never know how it is going to affect an individual and maybe it did have a bigger effect on him than we thought.

“If I had of thought that was the case we would have looked to see how we could manage that but for both parties involved that sort of blew over pretty quickly.

Despite the fact the incident drew blood Zane did try to downplay the fight.

“At the time the incident was made into a little bit of a headline by the media because it was a slower news week.

“There was no rumblings at training, the boys got over it pretty quick.

After falling behind in the first minute to Bosnar’s long-range strike Zane, 36, didn’t lambast the keeper at the break.

“It’s more about using his experience to motivate the others, I don’t think it was a time to single anyone out.

“The kid has fallen into a bit of hole let’s help him get out of it.

“Our reaction after going 2-0 down was very good”

Zane continued.

“He knows the score it’s been a very very toucgh week for the boy and pointing fingers at anyone is not going to help anyone.

”I actually walked off and it was quite refreshing to hear people in the change room talk about he performance for 75 minutes of that match.

“We need to be a 90 minute team leading into the finals and we have got very short time to get back to winning ways.”

Zane is confident the experience of the week will make Birighitti a better player in the long run.

“Biri’s knows the score, that’s part of his development, the timing wasn’t great but I’m sure the boys will lift him and make sure that he is ready to go tomorrow.
    Been a pretty tough week for the fans that actually spent money to watch that shit as well . **** this club shits me. They either wrap the players in cotton wool or they publically humiliate them. Why not just drop him for a week. Give BK a run and if BK does well then Birra can wait for another shot like BK was made to.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 16-03-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Been a pretty tough week for the fans that actually spent money to watch that shit as well . **** this club shits me. They either wrap the players in cotton wool or they publically humiliate them. Why not just drop him for a week. Give BK a run and if BK does well then Birra can wait for another shot like BK was made to.
    If that's the case from the article posted above. then that sounds like poor management from Zane. He should have been watching these two closer after the events of earlier in the week and replaced those considered for the team if he thinks they're off the boil.

Can't disagree with your logic either
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 16-03-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    If that's the case the case then that sounds like poor management from Zane. He should have been watching these two closer after the events of earlier in the week and replaced those considered for the team if he thinks they're off the boil.
    Who cares if it's bad management, he was the cheapest option as a manager.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I actually walked off and it was quite refreshing to hear people in the change room talk about the performance for 75 minutes of that match.
    wtf?

I'd be fxxxing furious with them. It was 3-1, I don't care how well you all think you played, that's just an awful result for what should have been our biggest game of the season.

Clayton could not fxxx off sooner imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    **** everyone at the club.
    Again.
    Go jetties

Four games to go now and with the this loss the reality is that our own destiny is out of our hands. The simple fact is that this was our crunch game and we blew it (as we always seem to do). We will be hoping that the likes of Adelaide, Mariners or SFC slip up in 2-3 of the games while we will have to win at the very least 3 to have any chance of sneaking into 6th position. Once again our season has been a fail and even by some miracle if we do sneak into the six no amount of sugarcoating should disguise this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Four games to go now and with the this loss the reality is that our own destiny is out of our hands. The simple fact is that this was our crunch game and we blew it (as we always seem to do). We will be hoping that the likes of Adelaide, Mariners or SFC slip up in 2-3 of the games while we will have to win at the very least 3 to have any chance of sneaking into 6th position. Once again our season has been a fail and even by some miracle if we do sneak into the six no amount of sugarcoating should disguise this fact.
    Of course it's still in our hands. The other 3 teams ahead of us aren't winning all 4 of their games. The simple fact is we aren't good enough to win our games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    What do you hope that will achieve?

I think it will demonstrate to our player that we, the fans, don't support him.
    i think for a week he can cop it, after that let it go. He'll probably save a pen and become the hero again. so jets.

Anyway the impotant stuff is kicking off soon, ftj.

does everyone know bk was out of position for ADPs free kick??!??!!
    we will loose

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    wtf?

I'd be fxxxing furious with them. It was 3-1, I don't care how well you all think you played, that's just an awful result for what should have been our biggest game of the season.

clayton is just trying to back his keeper. good on him.

eadc
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

such hostility
    we will loose

coming from the guy who still hurts on the inside whenever anyone mentions GVE and how awful he was for our club
    OK

Haven't read the rest but I still feel much more confident having Birraz in goals than BK.
    He had a bad game, he's had plenty of good ones. I wouldn't risk rotating him out, plus I don't think that's fair mentally.

If he's showing drive in training etc then you need to give him the chance to redeem himself, if he's being carefree about it at training then yeah you could considering roping in bk. Depends on his attitude as well though of course.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    If he's showing drive in training etc then you need to give him the chance to redeem himself, if he's being carefree about it at training then yeah you could considering roping in bk. Depends on his attitude as well though of course.
    Having watched the Jerks train, they're all carefree. Zane has kickabouts with players, Bridges spends more time pulling jokes than coaching people, Deans is MIA, Carney is a fxxxing pest, etc.
    OK

Really? deadset disc race if that's the case. Should be super focused and training hard with a few games to go and finals make or break.

Need to get a real manager in that's going to treat this shit seriously.

Papas or Okon

give em 2 years and let them pick there staff.
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Having watched the Jerks train, they're all carefree. Zane has kickabouts with players, Bridges spends more time pulling jokes than coaching people, Deans is MIA, Carney is a fxxxing pest, etc.
    Maybe if we had a coach giving them 2 sessions a day and flogging the **** out of them and working hard we wouldn't be so shit???

The amount of training these blokes do from all reports (1 session a day 4 days a week ???) is a dis grace.

Sure blokes in Europe would be pissing themselves laughing if there coach said one session a day 4 days a week

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Bridges spends more time pulling jokes than coaching people.
    And prob the only one laughing