Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 World Cup Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    The people who have put their hands up to get the group going are leaving their club loyalties at the door. The tifo day last weekend was a mix of SFC and WSW people, plus myself. The only issues are on forums from casual crew tossers who arent Aussie supporters anyway.
    Choose club over country thats your call, but stop bitching about those who want to get involved and make something better ffs
    Good luck with it all. If people want to make it work, it will. Good first up effort last night and a something that I'm sure will improve. I agree with what they are doing and the maturity shown by people leaving loyalties to one side can only help the game grow IMO

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    if you do that, then you alienate other a-league groups. If Sydney FC are running the active area, then MV and WSW wont stand with them. It has to be one in all in. Capo isnt any of the current HAL capos, and no tweaking of HAL chants.
    well people already mingle for the national team games now so i doubt it's as big a problem as you would think. don't see why a few bwb lads couldn't suck it up for one night if it means creating a decent atmosphere for the national team.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

just my opinion but.
    the noise in the stadium last night was awesome. the active support wasnt all that loud and I dont think much of the average joe fans were joining in with them.
    the noise came from the fact that the match meant something and the home team played some good, fast football that was exciting to watch.
    the "nippon/green and gold" chant was either a bit lame (if they were knocking it off) or quite funny (if it was a piss take).
    also the active bay is quite a bit back from the field at Etihad so maybe it didnt help.
    good on them and hope they get heaps more people wanting to join in next time.

No.1 Australian national team chant:

mmmmmmbbbbbbbbbbbooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooo

Goes off everytime. Let's face it, Aussie crowds love nothing more than a good booing.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

That fkn sh1t NIPPON chant is puss. The Japs do it well and nice for them but fk it right out of oz ffs.

http://strathfieldhotel.com.au/promotionalOffer.php

2:54pm Train from Cardiff (free with ticket for the game) arrive at Strathfield 5:05.

Happy hour drinks at above pub see you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    http://strathfieldhotel.com.au/promotionalOffer.php

2:54pm Train from Cardiff (free with ticket for the game) arrive at Strathfield 5:05.

Happy hour drinks at above pub see you there.
    The Happy hour will be nearly over by the time you get there. Starts at 4:30pm

If you get the 1:48pm from Cardiff you get into Strathfield at 4:03pm. Enough time to stroll over to the pub and get a beer or two under your belt to make yourself lubricated enough to make the most of the Happy Hour

Better make sure we are all on the 11:28pm train out of Strathfield. Otherwise waiting at Strathfield to 3:59am for the next train to Newy. Either that or you can get a train to Wyong/Gosford at 2am and try hitchhiking home

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    I'll be heading straight to the godawful bar at the ground, then pretty much straight back on the train home afterwards

unless of course we win and I feel like continuining drinking and somehow forget that I have a two hour train trip and work at 8 the next morning

this will not end well either way

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The Happy hour will be nearly over by the time you get there. Starts at 4:30pm

If you get the 1:48pm from Cardiff you get into Strathfield at 4:03pm. Enough time to stroll over to the pub and get a beer or two under your belt to make yourself lubricated enough to make the most of the Happy Hour

Better make sure we are all on the 11:28pm train out of Strathfield. Otherwise waiting at Strathfield to 3:59am for the next train to Newy. Either that or you can get a train to Wyong/Gosford at 2am and try hitchhiking home
    They have a tight ass Tuesday happy hour goes longer I pressume ill call them tomorrow to confirm.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Younis Mahmoud (striker) and Nashat Akram (midfielder) have apparently announced their retirement and will NOT be travelling to play next week. Reports have players and IFA at war with each other, lots of unrest in camp.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Younis Mahmoud (striker) and Nashat Akram (midfielder) have apparently announced their retirement and will NOT be travelling to play next week. Reports have players and IFA at war with each other, lots of unrest in camp.
    Was one of them the striker that was sent off against Japan? Or is that another that will be absent

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Was one of them the striker that was sent off against Japan? Or is that another that will be absent
    Mahmoud played against Japan and is their captain and best player by a mile.

Would be a huge relief to someone as slow as Lucas Neill if he doesn't play.

akram was the fella man city wanted before he couldn't get a permit I believe as well, big win for us if true.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

But a striker was sent off against Japan too? Or is it the same bloke? Hopefully it means they are short both their strikers. Good shit

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    But a striker was sent off against Japan too? Or is it the same bloke? Hopefully it means they are short both their strikers. Good shit
    That was Alaa Abdul-Zahra. One of their reserve keepers isn't coming either.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...occeroos-clash

Iraq stars pull out of Socceroos clash

Iraq's preparation for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Australia at ANZ Stadium on Tuesday has been rocked by the withdrawal of two of its iconic star players.

Captain Younis Mahmoud and midfield orchestrator Nashat Akram informed the Iraq Football Association (IFA) of their decision not to travel with the squad, which arrived in Sydney on Thursday evening, after the 1-0 qualifying loss to Japan in Doha and did not travel with the the squad.

The Japan result eliminated the 2007 Asian Cup winner from World Cup contention. The World Game has learned is understood the team is rife with internal divisions on the eve of a match the Socceroos must win to secure one of four automatic places in Brazil.

The national team has gone through more than six months of upheaval since its Brazilian coach Zico resigned from his post in November 2012 in the fallout from an acrimonious pay dispute with the IFA.

Youth coach Hakeem Shaker was appointed on an interim basis before ex-China boss Vladimir Petrovic took control in February. It is believed that many within the side have serious reservations about the direction the team is being taken.

The side has played two international matches in the past six months – one against a Syria and the other against an understrength Liberia - before consecutive World Cup qualifying losses against Oman and Japan sealed its World Cup fate.

Iraq supporters have taken to Facebook over the past few days to launch a series of attacks on the IFA administration and it’s understood those protests could be replicated in Sydney on Tuesday.

While Nashat, playing in his homeland, will continue his club career, Younis has retired from both club as well as national duty.

Both were key contributors to the 2007 Asian Cup title and their departure brings to an end what is widely regarded to as one of the golden ages of Iraqi football.

Alaa Abdul-Zahra, who was sent off in the loss to Japan, as well as one of the backup goalkeepers, also failed to travel to Australia meaning Petrovic will rely heavily on a young and inexperienced squad.

Up to five members of the country’s youth side, which qualified for the 2013 FIFA U-20 World Cup, are expected to be involved against the Socceroos

how is everyone getting from strathfield to the ground? think i'll be catching the train that gets to strathfield at 5:51

That was Alaa Abdul-Zahra. One of their reserve keepers isn't coming either.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/...occeroos-clash

Iraq stars pull out of Socceroos clash
    Is Ali involved in the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Is Ali involved in the squad?
    Not in the squad that was named. Wonder if he might get a late call up due to these withdrawals, given that he is in Australia and doesn't have to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    how is everyone getting from strathfield to the ground? think i'll be catching the train that gets to strathfield at 5:51
    Yeah I'm going by train haven't looked at trains from Strathfield yet was just going to wing it. I'm getting on the train that arrives at Strathfield at 5:05 cheap drinks in the pub across the road is better then $10 plastic cups from the brewery.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Not in the squad that was named. Wonder if he might get a late call up due to these withdrawals, given that he is in Australia and doesn't have to travel.
    It would make sense. But by the sounds of things the IFA may need that in addition to extra players.