Page 53 of 148 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2958

Thread: Newcastle United Jets 2013/2014 Squad thread

He's a left mid who can play in the centre, rather than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    One up-side is this dudes name is ripe for chants and different banners.
    Shame the FFA don't seem to want chanting and banners anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    We seem to do quite well at keeping these signings secret.
    Prolly coz no one gives a shit anymore.

One of the interviews on YouTube when he was at Vancouver I think has him saying his prefered position is through the middle (ie cm or am). I dare say our next signing will be more a holding style mid.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Shame the FFA don't seem to want chanting and banners anymore.
    Not true. You can put his name on a banner, just put your name on the database first.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post

One signing doesn't mean we don't have issues. For every Vignaroli or Corbo, there's been Drovandi, Bates, Hakenssen, de Groot, Shoe, Ritter to an extent, Riberio etc. And let's see how he goes first.....
    rofl. i see this as for every 2 below average players we've signed there's been 6 sh1tter.

Those comments for Steele from the yanks werent too bad.

I wouldn't say Vignaroli was below standard, wasn't he one of our best players before hunter stadium caused him to do his ACL?

And you're right, let's see how he goes. Giving him a 2 year deal as an import is a big call.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I wouldn't say Vignaroli was below standard, wasn't he one of our best players before hunter stadium caused him to do his ACL?

And you're right, let's see how he goes. Giving him a 2 year deal as an import is a big call.
    FFS get back to the church league, pretend to look like a keeper that can't make any saves but at least dives and stop whining about Middleby or anything the Jets do. You come across as sooky 10yr old that hasn't got his way.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    wat
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    wat
    I too am interested. Why did he bring up Daniel beltrame's goalkeeping?

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    It seems Steele played mostly on the left. He did well in the MLS at a strong club like NYRB, which is a clear step up from the A-League.

Here are comments from random Red Bulls fans which may either provide insight or be meaningless.
    Have you watched any MLS? From what I have seen its pretty similar, their squad players I would actually say are probably slightly worse than your HAL squaddie. The only reason it gets mentioned more than the HAL is because their is more money to splash on better imports and marquees.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

There is no way the A-league and MLS are on par.

Some teams maybe, but on a whole the A-league isn't the same standard.

look at Jesic, had a decent year here, went over there and couldn't even get a squad contract. that was what 2 years ago?

would much prefer signing someone in there prime at 28 with a decent career than someone who is 35 and had a great career looking for his last pay check.

going to be very interesting to see how big phil sets our formation up.

hopefully montano rocks up soon as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Talking to a mate who follows closely, and has connections in the MLS, about Steele.

He says he's a very good player, and will go very well in the A-League, but says last year he dipped in form a bit. But, according to his sources, he's using this Jets venture as an excuse to party, because he's heard about the likes of Dario Vidosic etc just being on the pingas 24/7 and wants in on that action. But it sounds like half the league do similar, so I doubt it will effect his playing ability any more than the current players are.

What they find interesting is that Carney has basically teed a guy up to come play, who primarily plays Carney's position. He claims he's preferably a CM but no one in America sees him as anything but a LM. This says to our guys that Carney may be moved to LB, as they can't see him working out as a CM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Talking to a mate who follows closely, and has connections in the MLS, about Steele.

He says he's a very good player, and will go very well in the A-League, but says last year he dipped in form a bit. But, according to his sources, he's using this Jets venture as an excuse to party, because he's heard about the likes of Dario Vidosic etc just being on the pingas 24/7 and wants in on that action. But it sounds like half the league do similar, so I doubt it will effect his playing ability any more than the current players are.

What they find interesting is that Carney has basically teed a guy up to come play, who primarily plays Carney's position. He claims he's preferably a CM but no one in America sees him as anything but a LM. This says to our guys that Carney may be moved to LB, as they can't see him working out as a CM.
    Why can't carney play left wing/forward and Steele left mid?

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    How many attackers exactly does your desired formation include?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    you would assume we would play 3-4-3 if you were going to line up like that which isn't a bad idea.

its not a bad line up on paper probably need to add another striker and another holding mid.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

3 at the back just kill me now pls

If we're not playing 4-2-3-1 (or 4-2-1-3 if you're that way inclined) or 4-4-2 with diamond midfield I honestly don't see any hope for us.
    OK

Banned
    So let me get this right

We sign some nobody who has spent most of his time playing non league football in the USA cause he can't get a gig in a Euro team.

Yet some people are happy at us wasting money on nobodies who appear on the surface to be not the type to tear up this league.

Ffs we should have kept Zads and Roundabout if we wanted to be mediocre

cry more kfc go get a gobbie from a depressed argentinian