Page 105 of 129 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2578

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2014

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    If he was sent off for abuse, then he should get a minimum 3 weeks (1+2). I think that's what the minimum is in newcastle football.
    Griff got 2 weeks for abusing the same ****.

Mulvey was harping on that Matt McKay is the most placid guy on the planet and in 15 years of knowing him has never seen him lose his temper like he did on Sunday.

Maybe the problem is Ben Williams. High time the FFA looked at this incompetent twat and ****ed him off

**** would have a field day reffing the NPL with the abuse from the players there

Banned
    FORMER Liverpool and Manchester United greats Robbie Fowler and Dwight Yorke are returning to Newcastle - but not as you have seen them before.

Fowler and Yorke will join Andy Cole and a galaxy of former Premier League stars in the inaugural Legends of Football tour to Australia that will include a stopover at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre on January 16.

Initiated in the UK, the legends tour will bring together big names from Liverpool, Manchester United and Australia for a six-a-side round robin tournament.

Matches are played on a indoor pitch over 30 minutes with unlimited interchange.

Jets assistant coach Michael Bridges will head up the Aussie Legends and played in similar tournaments in Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur earlier this year.

"The concept has been a resounding success in Europe and Asia and I can't wait to bring the experience to Australian football fans," Bridges said.

"A lot of the lads have not long retired and can still play at a very high standard. They have magical touches and are still in good nick.

"The games are played on a pitch that is similar in design to an ice hockey rink.

"It's skilful and fast football.

"The fans are right on top of the action and there is a lot of interaction with the players."

The tournament, which includes a final, lasts three hours and will have live commentary and a big screen.

The legends will spend 10 days in Australia, starting with a game at All Phones Arena, Sydney, on January 10.

As well as the games, the players will conduct kids coaching clinics, attend functions and autograph sessions.

"There will be a chance for the fans, old and young, to get up close and personal," Bridges said. "It's not just play a tournament and off they go. They will be getting involved in the community.

"When we started planning the event we received an amazing response from some of the great names from Manchester, Liverpool and Australia."

Yorke was the first big name to play in the A-League and helped steer Sydney FC to the inaugural championship.

Fowler, who scored 128 of his 160 Premier League goals for Liverpool, played for North Queensland Fury and Perth Glory.

The Legends tournament begins a big month of football in Newcastle highlighted by the Asian Cup, which will see four games played at Hunter Stadium, including a semi-final and play-off for third.
    I see the headline and I just know this blokes name will be here some where.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    sounds like a good time to me
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sounds like a good time to me
    I agree. looking forward to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I agree. looking forward to it
    Even better, the wife said we have to make sure we get tickets to it.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Even better, the wife said we have to make sure we get tickets to it.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Speed soccer Cardiff to be training venue.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I see the headline and I just know this blokes name will be here some where.
    Yeah well he did play a part in organising it all, but that wouldnt matter to you, you will take any chance to have a dig at him or middleby!
    Actually is that your first ever post without having a dig at middleby?
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Bridges would be so, so good in six a side.

Pretty keen to check it out.
    OK

Well done on today's article, Robert Dillon. You do realise Steele is from Northern Ireland while Duff is from Ireland? They are two different countries and they are not compatriots.

No link today

And incase it isn't clear. I'm being sarcastic in my praise. Who proof reads this work?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 16-10-2014 at 08:28 AM.

Well done on today's article, Robert Dillon. You do realise Steele is from Northern Ireland while Duff is from Ireland? They are two different countries and they are not compatriots.

No link today
    I'll link it for couscous and pals.

Here
    OK

No link today

And incase it isn't clear. I'm being sarcastic in my praise. Who proof reads this work?
    "who proof reads this work"?.. Who reads this crap anyway... Dillon is a friggin knob wouldn't wast my time even glancing at his dribble

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I'll link it for couscous and pals.

Here
    Thanks mate.

But don't expect any usual defensiveness from me today. I just saw on Twitter that Dillon is a father, so I'll feeling pretty jaded

Who proof reads this work?
    kiwis.

No link today

**** that. Dillon has it bang on the money. Twats splitting the country in two are to blame for your mistake.

United Ireland!
    Last edited by Blackmac79; 16-10-2014 at 11:17 AM.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    **** that. Dillon has it bang on the money. Twats splitting the country in two are to blame for your mistake.

United Ireland!
    under British rule or independiente? uh oh cue troubles

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    under British rule or independiente? uh oh cue troubles
    Independent o'course.

Do you not know me at all?
    Go jetties

^^^^^

good thing Scozzy ain't around anymore.

I miss scozzy.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out