Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1234

Thread: Joel Griffiths Returns - the best thing ever, ever, ever and ever

Back on topic please.

Griff. How good is he
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Back on topic please.

Griff. How good is he
    It is on topic

Griff to be coaching the Jaffas before season is out

Griff comes in --> Jaffas suddenly hammering goals in --> coincidence?????

I think not!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I watched Jaffas play yesterday

There was a complete absence of team unity when they scored

Someone scored and 75% of his teammates trotted back to position for KickOff
    Rather bizarre to see such a Luke warm reaction from a side desperate for a win to kick start their season.

You would have thought the whole team would have been mobbing the goal scorers in relief
    The team harmony and spirit/belief within any team is evident when they score a goal, if you like, it is all in the player's "body language".
    You can't fake a goal celebration, if the passion and belief is not within the playing group....it's simply not there and it usually filters from the coach down.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    The team harmony and spirit/belief within any team is evident when they score a goal, if you like, it is all in the player's "body language".
    You can't fake a goal celebration, if the passion and belief is not within the playing group....it's simply not there and it usually filters from the coach down.
    It was bizarre

You see more celebrating from a team down 5-0 pulling it back to 5-1 in the 85th minute.

I could partly understand it at 4-0 and 5-0 as the job is done and it just icing on the cake

But the first goal right on the stroke of HT you would think would have inspired them. You would have thought the 2nd and 3rd were big reliefs to them as they were putting some nails in the opposition coffin

But still muted celebrating

Heard that CEO McKinna is very keen on having Griff involved with the club in some capacity....watch this space!

Heard that CEO McKinna is very keen on having Griff involved with the club in some capacity....watch this space!
    perfect way for Mckinna to start to win over the fans. Griff to coach the yoof as a striker coach or even the senior squad or even a scout for Chinese players seeing as he's played there a fair bit
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    perfect way for Mckinna to start to win over the fans. Griff to coach the yoof as a striker coach or even the senior squad or even a scout for Chinese players seeing as he's played there a fair bit
    If we going to get a scout in China how about we get one based there with much knowledge of the country and football.

Not a bloke who is running a home loan business at the Junction and has been to China whilst curing the planet of disease

Seeing as our owner lives in China shouldn't be too hard to arrange the gig for a local in China

If we going to get a scout in China how about we get one based there with much knowledge of the country and football.

Not a bloke who is running a home loan business at the Junction and has been to China whilst curing the planet of disease

Seeing as our owner lives in China shouldn't be too hard to arrange the gig for a local in China
    i agree just though Joel would have some insight on the players he played against and which ones are worth looking at
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. I know the Griff supporters don't need me saying this, but I don't think the average supporter realises how huge Griff was/is in China.
    When the new ownership was announced the other week, apparently the Chinese media there and officials were all over Griff (get your minds out of the gutter lads). Whether it is the coaching side of things or admin we know that Griff will give 100% to this club.

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes. I know the Griff supporters don't need me saying this, but I don't think the average supporter realises how huge Griff was/is in China.
    When the new ownership was announced the other week, apparently the Chinese media there and officials were all over Griff (get your minds out of the gutter lads). Whether it is the coaching side of things or admin we know that Griff will give 100% to this club.
    If he has a role it has to be a bit of a tokenistic position to win over/get./keep fans happy. . He has no place in the administrative side of things and (unless I'm wrong) has no coaching qualifications/experience.

I'm quite happy for the Griff to come back in almost any capacity but i think it would be pretty silly to have him as a scout in Asia. That's kind of undervaluing the knowledge a decent scout has. One day he could become one as he seems like a pretty smart man and knows his football but surely Mr Lee has contacts in China already with more knowledge than out entire scouting team, i.e. Gary who sits on YouTube all day and plays Football Manager. Griff scouting the NPL makes more sense.

He has to be somewhere in the front office attracting sponsors/sleeping with their wives and speaking to the media/and probably sleeping with their wives. Get him doing gameday commentary and stream it onto little headphones like you get at the cricket. Even get that DBag Bridges to lend his accented shit-talk. Mostly so we don't have to look at him or his busted legs again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I mean it's clear that Mr Lee has developed the technology to make an A.I. Griff as the real one would have nowt to do with these gypo turds. Pretty sure they have killed the real Griff and will release the snuff tape right before the derby.

Parksey said it best, ISIS has won.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Even get that DBag Bridges to lend his accented shit-talk. Mostly so we don't have to look at him or his busted legs again.
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    No.
    +1
    Sold his soul for 10 pieces of silver just to get himself a gig with Sportsbet

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I mean it's clear that Mr Lee has developed the technology to make an A.I. Griff as the real one would have nowt to do with these gypo turds. Pretty sure they have killed the real Griff and will release the snuff tape right before the derby.

Parksey said it best, ISIS has won.

Could be onto something here Plague - a "Griff is Dead" conspiracy would be great PR.

What clues are out there? What is the name of the guy they have turned into the Griff we see in public?

sadly, for just $2 a day we can get a scout in China

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Could be onto something here Plague - a "Griff is Dead" conspiracy would be great PR.

What clues are out there? What is the name of the guy they have turned into the Griff we see in public?
    Will you two just start fighting again!? I'm struggling to accept you both getting along
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

He's back

In an ambassador role

Macca drugged Griff as a front to appease fans. Dirty trick, not dropping full guard just yet