Page 16 of 107 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    There's always something wrong with Goodys head,just watch him play!Seriously though both him & Smithy will be there along with Daniel Bird who finally gets to play his best position this year.In all honesty if Birdy had played no.10 last year nobody would have spoken about Connor Evans.
    That's a big call!

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgler View Post
    That's a big call!
    Both Central Coast boys,almost same age,Connor always picked behind Daniel.Connor was lucky enough to play his preferred spot at Weston & did well.Given the same opportunity I think Daniel will be easily as effective.That's why he had 4 clubs contact him re this season.Anyway time will tell.

There's always something wrong with Goodys head,just watch him play!Seriously though both him & Smithy will be there along with Daniel Bird who finally gets to play his best position this year.In all honesty if Birdy had played no.10 last year nobody would have spoken about Connor Evans.
    IMO Connor wasn't even the best Weston player last year.

Quote Originally Posted by immersion View Post
    IMO Connor wasn't even the best Weston player last year.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    Agreed
    I also agree but you must admit there was a bucket load of hype surrounding him & to be fair he had a good season.But he has moved on as we all must do,all teams at one venue tomorrow will be interesting to suss out.

I also agree but you must admit there was a bucket load of hype surrounding him & to be fair he had a good season.But he has moved on as we all must do,all teams at one venue tomorrow will be interesting to suss out.
    For sure the lad is class and would get a run in any NPL team. Not so sure if we will see much tomorrow as I know of a few NPL teams already who are fielding reserve teams .

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    For sure the lad is class and would get a run in any NPL team. Not so sure if we will see much tomorrow as I know of a few NPL teams already who are fielding reserve teams .

Could understand this in previous years when cup was midweek between 2 comp games and fielding a reserve line up against weaker opposition was understandable. But surely atm teams are looking to get some game time for their 1sts before the comp starts
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    [/B]

Could understand this in previous years when cup was midweek between 2 comp games and fielding a reserve line up against weaker opposition was understandable. But surely atm teams are looking to get some game time for their 1sts before the comp starts
    I agree , especially with the carrot of an A League team or TV game (Magic last year) . Given what I witnessed last Saturday when I went down to take a look it may be something other than just not playing a 1st team. Lots and lots of players were getting injured or complaining about the surface . Having never played on it I cannot comment but it was a very regular debate amongst the players last saturday.

Why would clubs not want to do as well as they could including game fitness for their 1st grade players. The only exceptions id understand would be fringe 1st graders who as a coach you'd want to see how they'd shape up.

I think its the hype that won him the award. Look at the comment that Sessions made from Lambton. He said something like, they didn't even care about Connor. Which was harsh, but has some truth IMO.

Amazing what a bit of media hype can do.

Big season coming up for Daniel Bird then Tonester it seems. Hope he does well.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Big season coming up for Daniel Bird then Tonester it seems. Hope he does well.
    Been most consistent performer last 3 seasons,think he should kick on with the greater freedom central positions give you.Time will tell.

Rumour has it that Lyle Carr Oval is out of action for some weeks.
    It appears a vertically challenge person spread what he thought was fertiliser, only to find out that it was in fact round up.
    Will be interesting to see how long the recovery takes.

Quote Originally Posted by fan atic View Post
    Rumour has it that Lyle Carr Oval is out of action for some weeks.
    It appears a vertically challenge person spread what he thought was fertiliser, only to find out that it was in fact round up.
    Will be interesting to see how long the recovery takes.
    That is heart breaking for the guys who look after the ground. Cooks Hill had a similar (but smaller) instance of this happening at the Athletics track a year or two back.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    That is heart breaking for the guys who look after the ground. Cooks Hill had a similar (but smaller) instance of this happening at the Athletics track a year or two back.
    Heard on the weekend the ground is being re turfed this week.Were supposed to be playing Maitland there on Sunday but another venue is required.Should be ok one hopes for 2nd round vs Adamstown.

Did maitland play azzuri today in a trial?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    1sts - Maitland 3 CCB 2
    22s - Maitland 4 CCB 0
    19s - Maitland 1 CCB 3

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Didn't make it there myself but did hear Maitland won 3/2,will wait for any details.

Didn't make it there myself but did hear Maitland won 3/2,will wait for any details.
    Maitland looked ok but We rested a few so no real indication. More a fitness thing for both sides.

Went to watch NewFM game valo - Wallsend .

Drop in level is huge but looks like might be a good comp this year as Wallsend will compete for sure .

Back to npl and surely its not a fitness thing only this close to season and from what lead to believe most clubs trained ore Christmas and been back almost two months now so if clubs are not fit now then surely that's alarming ?
    Last edited by I changed my user name; 08-03-2015 at 10:32 PM.