Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 NEW FM League thread

Does this prevent Valentine from meeting the NPL criteria? The fact that "their" ground is not available for the duration of the season?
    And does Baxter meet criteria? Last time I was there it was terrible. Valentine juniors would be a much better option imo

Why is everyone writing Toronto Awaba off ?

A quick check of the draws shows the realities of shared community facilities... Darling St and Ulinga also have cricket this weekend. We have tenure at Cahill for winter, as do cricket for summer. This is just a unusually early start. The surface at Baxter is much improved and is used for all our pre season trials and as the home for the WPL.

Valo Junior grounds have not been available since December due to ground works finished last week, with Rye Grass due to go in sometime over the next month

My predictions;
    Cooks Hill 2-2 Cessnock
    Belmont Swansea 2-1 Singo
    West Wallsend 0-2 Kahibah
    Lake Macquarie 1-1 Toronto
    Valentine 4-1 Wallsend

Quote Originally Posted by zzzzzzzzzz View Post
    A quick check of the draws shows the realities of shared community facilities... Darling St and Ulinga also have cricket this weekend. We have tenure at Cahill for winter, as do cricket for summer. This is just a unusually early start. The surface at Baxter is much improved and is used for all our pre season trials and as the home for the WPL.

Valo Junior grounds have not been available since December due to ground works finished last week, with Rye Grass due to go in sometime over the next month
    Lyall Peacock is another shard ground, Stags prefer Sunday, Scorpions prefer Saturdays, so only 4 Weekends this year with 2 games.

Home game in Round 2, then a break till Round 8 - Winter Grass...

Cooks Hill 1 - 3 Cessnock
    Belmont Swansea 3 - 1 Singo
    West Wallsend 1 - 1 Kahibah
    Lake Macquarie 3 - 2 Toronto
    Valentine 5 - 1 Wallsend

Cooks Hill 1-0
    Singleton 2-1
    Kahibah 3-0
    Lakes 3-1
    Draw

Cooks Hill 1 Cessnock 2
    Belswans 2 Singleton 0
    Kahibah 3 West Wallsend 1
    Lake Macquarie 2 Toronto 0
    Valentine 6 Wallsend 1

Cooks Hill 2 Cessnock 4
    Belswans 3 Singleton 2
    West Wallsend 2 Kahibah 1
    Lake Macquarie 2 Toronto 0
    Valentine 5 Wallsend 0

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    This will get MFKS going.
    Why??

Not following.

Sometimes Zico you go off on a tangent as the red mist descends when it comes to me

Cessnock 4 Kurri Kurri 0

Anyone wish to comment on the inclusion of 17s into NewFM?

Is it a good thing (for player development),
    or a bad thing (now 4 games in one day - longer day, more damage to fields)?

How are some clubs going to find the players?

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    Anyone wish to comment on the inclusion of 17s into NewFM?

Is it a good thing (for player development),
    or a bad thing (now 4 games in one day - longer day, more damage to fields)?

How are some clubs going to find the players?
    Can't speak for any other clubs but Toronto have done quite well. Basically a whole team of the Juniors 15s have come over. 4/5 of these players already have played some 23s and a few played some first grade. There is lot of potential in this group.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Can't speak for any other clubs but Toronto have done quite well. Basically a whole team of the Juniors 15s have come over. 4/5 of these players already have played some 23s and a few played some first grade. There is lot of potential in this group.
    I would think the three new clubs should have strong 17's given they are big junior clubs.
    Be interesting to see which established clubs can be strong in this age group.

My tips for the 17s comp in order:
    Lakes
    Valo
    Kahibah
    Wallsend
    Cooks Hill
    Thornton
    Toronto
    Cessnock
    Belswans
    Singleton
    West Wallsend

Based purely on their perceived quality of their junior development programs and feeder systems.
    (Apologies in advance if Ive written off teams that have a development program that I don't know about!)

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    I would think the three new clubs should have strong 17's given they are big junior clubs.
    Be interesting to see which established clubs can be strong in this age group.

My tips for the 17s comp in order:
    Lakes
    Valo
    Kahibah
    Wallsend
    Cooks Hill
    Thornton
    Toronto
    Cessnock
    Belswans
    Singleton
    West Wallsend

Based purely on their perceived quality of their junior development programs and feeder systems.
    (Apologies in advance if Ive written off teams that have a development program that I don't know about!)
    Wallsend 4th ???? really. comp must not be strong

CCB U/15's, so 14 yo boys beat them 5-1 a couple of weeks ago................stinkin hot day with only 2 subs...........
    I know...........trial only but just saying............

I believe Lakes 17 NEWFM have about 10 players and the coach from Magic's 16A side last year that finished 1st and lost only once

Word is that the Federation are unable to provide referees to all U17's games so have told clubs they need to supply club referees and linesman for those games. Hardly seems appropriate to install a competition when you can't provide officials to marshal it.

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    I believe Lakes 17 NEWFM have about 10 players and the coach from Magic's 16A side last year that finished 1st and lost only once
    and these guys have been training 3 nights and sundays since before xmas...............

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by EH9 View Post
    Word is that the Federation are unable to provide referees to all U17's games so have told clubs they need to supply club referees and linesman for those games. Hardly seems appropriate to install a competition when you can't provide officials to marshal it.
    So considering this is probably the only football comp to have started this weekend in the Hunter exactly how can they not be able to rustle up refs??

Bit of a concern going forward when the NPL starts and every other comp starts

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So considering this is probably the only football comp to have started this weekend in the Hunter exactly how can they not be able to rustle up refs??

Bit of a concern going forward when the NPL starts and every other comp starts
    NPL Youth comp starts this weekend..............so there goes the best ref's.............................
    Last edited by Why Blue; 06-03-2015 at 09:34 AM.