Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Zone League 3 thread

Quote Originally Posted by forzaviola View Post
    correct, it is violet, in italian. if you know football, you know. if you don't, you support liverpool. its a little saying i have.

a conglomerate of all three, or maybe a mixture of two? definitely not one. you decide.
    might be time to shut the hole now before the stupidity is too much

I watched the NL game. Ressies should have been 8-1. Mayfield were awful and NL looked sharp but couldnt finish. If they click, they will be hard to beat. As for 1st Mayfield look better than last year and scored a dubious 1st and a bomb second. NL looked good at times but really flat mostly and literally uninterested. Whatever the coach said at half time must have been good as they rolled home. They are certainly a favourite. My question , who are they? Not ex Eagles that I can see? Their juniors are massive but surely not juniors??

Quote Originally Posted by King View Post
    I watched the NL game. Ressies should have been 8-1. Mayfield were awful and NL looked sharp but couldnt finish. If they click, they will be hard to beat. As for 1st Mayfield look better than last year and scored a dubious 1st and a bomb second. NL looked good at times but really flat mostly and literally uninterested. Whatever the coach said at half time must have been good as they rolled home. They are certainly a favourite. My question , who are they? Not ex Eagles that I can see? Their juniors are massive but surely not juniors??
    New senior club originating out of the junior club. They are not the eagles but the juniors do use novos and Alder pk

I heard they are tight with The Eagles and separate but using Alder on alternate weeks Apparently the juniors have grown 700 members in 4 years. Thats a friggin juggernaut. Their roster looks very tidy, I just wasnt sure how a team comes from nowhere to be favourites. Salary Cap in ZL3!!! Long season though.

I heard they are tight with The Eagles and separate but using Alder on alternate weeks Apparently the juniors have grown 700 members in 4 years. Thats a friggin juggernaut. Their roster looks very tidy, I just wasnt sure how a team comes from nowhere to be favourites. Salary Cap in ZL3!!! Long season though.
    They also had several AA teams

Their roster looks very tidy, I just wasnt sure how a team comes from nowhere to be favourites. Salary Cap in ZL3!!! Long season though.[/QUOTE]

Well in trials and ffa cup while some zl3 league teams were getting beaten by 100 goals. They were sticking it to zpl squads that Is why!

One thing for sure is that this comp will be very hard fought at the top end. New Lambton appear early favourites, credit to them for putting together a strong squad. Im sure raaf, wallsend, kahibah, mayfield and hopefully dudley will be pushing them hard.

Raaf have had plenty of trials, so expect them to hit the ground running this weekend. Mayfield finished as strong as anyone last year, so If they repeat that then they will be strong. Kahibah and wallsend will have zpl experience, so they should perform strongly. Hard to judge dudley yet, trial form
    was patchy and still havnt had great numbers available as yet.

As for Edgeworth, Abermain and Jesmond. Their goals should be to be competitive. Im sure 1 or 2 might suprise and push for a semi spot. But it's a good comp, establishing yourself and building for season 2 would is important.

Bring on week 2.

Round 2 Predictions

Still a little early to judge teams on form and ability, but going off 1st round results here goes

Abermain vs Jesmond - Draw
    Mayfield vs Kahibah
    RAAF vs Edgeworth
    Dudley vs New Lambton - Draw
    Wallsend vs BYE

Quote Originally Posted by WFC_ZL View Post
    Round 2 Predictions

Still a little early to judge teams on form and ability, but going off 1st round results here goes

Abermain vs Jesmond - Draw
    Mayfield vs Kahibah
    RAAF vs Edgeworth
    Dudley vs New Lambton - Draw
    Wallsend vs BYE
    I'd say you've got 2 out of 5. RAAF and the BYE

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    One thing for sure is that this comp will be very hard fought at the top end. New Lambton appear early favourites, credit to them for putting together a strong squad. Im sure raaf, wallsend, kahibah, mayfield and hopefully dudley will be pushing them hard.

Raaf have had plenty of trials, so expect them to hit the ground running this weekend. Mayfield finished as strong as anyone last year, so If they repeat that then they will be strong. Kahibah and wallsend will have zpl experience, so they should perform strongly. Hard to judge dudley yet, trial form
    was patchy and still havnt had great numbers available as yet.

As for Edgeworth, Abermain and Jesmond. Their goals should be to be competitive. Im sure 1 or 2 might suprise and push for a semi spot. But it's a good comp, establishing yourself and building for season 2 would is important.

Bring on week 2.
    Going to be an interesting competition thats for sure. As for this weekend, we have no less than 7 first graders out with long term injuries already. This board has given us the curse.

Thus from now on I motion that we label whoever is playing NLFC on the weekend be instilled as the new comp faves, might bring the injury levels back to even across the board.

To be honest im just happy footballs back.

Quote Originally Posted by NLFCZL View Post
    Going to be an interesting competition thats for sure. As for this weekend, we have no less than 7 first graders out with long term injuries already. This board has given us the curse.

Thus from now on I motion that we label whoever is playing NLFC on the weekend be instilled as the new comp faves, might bring the injury levels back to even across the board.

To be honest im just happy footballs back.
    Dudley have 8 players out of squad and looking thin numbers wise. So I think number issues are more widespread then one side. Same issue for us in week 1, but it didnt stop us getting results in 2 grades.

Dudley are looking for another player to boost ranks. After having too many at the start of season and releasing players, Injuries have taken it's toll. If anyone is interested or knows of anyone, please pm me.

Dudley v NL

RES 0-1, fair result, NL dominated possession 1st half and scored from a pen (it was a pen) Tough game, physical but fair, Dudley much better in 2nd half and could have drawn although NL hit the post off a 25mtr free kick.
    1st 2-1, again fair result, NL scored from a pen (again a fair pen) decent game without reaching great heights. 7 or 8 guys out but every team every week will be in a similar boat.

I think Edgie beat RAAF in res 2-1? and RAAF beat edgie in 1st 7-5??? WTF?

Kahibah mayfield 3-1 firsts 9-0 ressies both To kahibah.

Kahibah showed today that they will be very strong at this level. 3-1 flattered Mayfield. Mayfield Reserves had their day in the sun last week and their luck has gone. I heard from an ex Dudley boy at the Dudley game that NL absolutely outclassed Dudley for 60 mins on the worst surface in history but Dudley absorbed it all and hit them off a cheap shot from 20m that maybe took a touch and a long ball misread in defence. NL look good at times but need to play like graded players. Well deserved Dudley. Same story as last week for the new boys.

Kahibah showed today that they will be very strong at this level. 3-1 flattered Mayfield. Mayfield Reserves had their day in the sun last week and their luck has gone. I heard from an ex Dudley boy at the Dudley game that NL absolutely outclassed Dudley for 60 mins on the worst surface in history but Dudley absorbed it all and hit them off a cheap shot from 20m that maybe took a touch and a long ball misread in defence. NL look good at times but need to play like graded players. Well deserved Dudley. Same story as last week for the new boys.
    Not sure about your ex-dudley source's theory on the game or your ex dudley source full stop? Easy to use the ex whoever source. The earlier post about game appeared very accurate to me.

Maybe your source had a little bit to drink? Or was he watching a different game? One thing he got close, The ground was poor. Absolutely outclassed and dudley absorbing all that pressure, please. NL only got on the board with a pen (same in ressies) Alot of talk around, points are what counts.

NL did deserve ressies win. Totally dominant in first half but only managed a couple of serious chances.Dudley were poor first half, but had the chances to at least score one.

Hats of to the refs, had alot of pressure put on them in both games . Stood firm, got all the big calls right. No need for NL player to clearly label referee in ressies game which was heard by many. No need for those comments, lucky to get away with it.

The games were both very even and well contested, I think dudley will win a lot of games out at Liles due to that surface, and all power to them, thats a part of football at all levels (check out sheffield united or blackpool for example).

Number 3 in the midfield in 1sts for dudley was very off the pace and lucky not to get a yellow for repeated infringements in fouling trying to keep up with play. Intelligent decision by the dudley coach to sub him and it paid off as they sprung to life.

I think you will find those words from the nl ressies player were aimed at your ressies side, not the referee, as that nl player had been instrumental in getting the ball over the sideline each time one of your players went down (and then back to you from the drop ball), only for you not to return the favour when his foot went down in one of the liles gopher holes. The referee actually apologised to him at full time for not pulling it up.

Teams heading out to liles should be aware that there are literal holes in the ground, and the grass is at times ankle height due to the softness of the pitch.

Overall the club as a whole put on a nice away day and those volunteering in the canteen were helpful with ice etc as always.

Some interesting results around the league too, this year is going to be very well contested.

The key to a good source is protecting anonymity and if I played ZL3 for Dudley I would want to remain amonymous also. He says NL looked good but good looks doesnt win games at this level and Dudley couldnt string 2 passes together but took their chances. Dont shoot the messenger anfield. I am red!

Nl vs dudley zl3 forum banter. When do one of you guys play wallsend or kahibah then we will have more of an idea where this comp is heading. Dudley the new favourites must have gutted half their squad.Amazing what trials can do to a squad. Just curious who here had trials in zl3 and who was scraping for numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by beersfc View Post
    Nl vs dudley zl3 forum banter. When do one of you guys play wallsend or kahibah then we will have more of an idea where this comp is heading. Dudley the new favourites must have gutted half their squad.Amazing what trials can do to a squad. Just curious who here had trials in zl3 and who was scraping for numbers?

everyone loves the forum banter. its second only to on field banter.

for the record, we had trials, however as the idea was hatched up by an all age side the requirement was that returning members of that all age team were all selected and the rest of the squad filled from trialists.

we do have a junior pool of more than 1000 now, so we're expecting more and more to choose from in the future. The ZL3 initiative was more a community based idea than anything else, we wanted a clear pathway and progression for our juniors to have somewhere to go to play senior graded football rather than quitting after 18s or having to go trial for another club after being here since u6s etc. IMO local football should always be community first before anything else.

NL vs Kahibah on friday night.

Dudley definitely have to wear the favourite tags now I think.
    Last edited by NLFCZL; 19-04-2015 at 10:02 PM.