Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 NEW FM League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Only relagation battle is happening off the field with clubs applying for the NPL restructure.
    Will results be taken into account?

From my understanding results will not be taken into account at all, meeting the criteria put forward by Northern is the main objective for clubs to be considered for the new restructuring of the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSam View Post
    fair call! wallsend have the players to win on the day IMO

cookers in the top 4 though? reasons?
    Their form against Lakes was excellent - unlucky not to get at least a point.
    Next two games are very winnable against Thornton and Singleton - if they do that I think they will be in the top 4 after round 11.

sitting in 6th at present? seemed to stop the goals leaking at the back going on a few recent results! And apparently was a good hit out when they played lakes
    The teams above them all play each other in the next couple of weeks so big chance for Cookers to move up the table.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    The teams above them all play each other in the next couple of weeks so big chance for Cookers to move up the table.
    Spot on the mark there, seems like a pretty even comp this year!

Table obviously proves this.... Still think cookers can improve with a new squad compared to last years was always going to take them a few rounds to get hot, will expect them to pick up some more wins later in the year...

any standout players people have noticed? apart from the regulars?

Spot on the mark there, seems like a pretty even comp this year!

Table obviously proves this.... Still think cookers can improve with a new squad compared to last years was always going to take them a few rounds to get hot, will expect them to pick up some more wins later in the year...

any standout players people have noticed? apart from the regulars?
    For me, Blake Green is quality for Lakes.
    The big dog, Jarrod Olivieri, is killing them when he plays further forward - has scored a number of goals this year.
    Tyler (Warren I think?) Westy goalkeeper is outstanding - best keeper in NewFM by a mile.

A lot of quite young (19/20 yo) players getting runs in first grade and doing well also.
    This seems to be a trend across all the teams this year - good to see the clubs giving them a go.

Lots of quality in the 19s comp as well - Jones (Westy), Nicholson (Beswans), Hall (Singo), Richardson, & Ward (Lakes) all have futures.
    I like to get to watch the 19s when I go - technically I think the 19s players are the best.

I agree on the 19's being the most technical comp. The names above are all brilliant players with potential. Belswans also have Dundas and I'd add Chaplain and Hughes at Kahibah. Some talent in the 23's as well. I've enjoyed seeing the younger guys get a chance in 1st grade as well this year. Singo have a 16/17 yr old first choice LB/CB, Westy have some new younger guys coming into the top grade.

As for the top four, I'm as biased as possible and am obviously involved at Cooks Hill. They're not making the top four IMO. Thornton are more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    I agree on the 19's being the most technical comp. The names above are all brilliant players with potential. Belswans also have Dundas and I'd add Chaplain and Hughes at Kahibah. Some talent in the 23's as well. I've enjoyed seeing the younger guys get a chance in 1st grade as well this year. Singo have a 16/17 yr old first choice LB/CB, Westy have some new younger guys coming into the top grade.

As for the top four, I'm as biased as possible and am obviously involved at Cooks Hill. They're not making the top four IMO. Thornton are more likely.
    Not many decent players in the bottom four clubs? Thought Southy had a few, Cessnock 1 or 2, haven't seen Singo yet.

Watched Thornton and Toronto at the weekend, I thought Thornton had about 6 or 7 reasonable players who were up to NEWFM standard and Toronto maybe 3 as best (striker, tall midfielder and gk).

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Not many decent players in the bottom four clubs? Thought Southy had a few, Cessnock 1 or 2, haven't seen Singo yet.

Watched Thornton and Toronto at the weekend, I thought Thornton had about 6 or 7 reasonable players who were up to NEWFM standard and Toronto maybe 3 as best (striker, tall midfielder and gk).
    There's definitely good players in the lower teams. A look at the blog I run shows that I have a lot of players that I like around the league and believe can go to that next level. Thornton's got Davies coming through 17's I believe and playing first grade, Cessnock 19's have some decent individuals but lack as a team, Southy I've only seen once but one of their 17's is regarded well among one or two other club coaches.

yeah I agree, Toronto have one of the best strikers in the comp... macca from Thornton is quality

thoughts on the stags mervan?

yeah I agree, Toronto have one of the best strikers in the comp... macca from Thornton is quality

thoughts on the stags mervan?
    Stags look like they have already won the only two games they will win all year. Will fight out the spoon with Cessnock.

Stags look like they have already won the only two games they will win all year. Will fight out the spoon with Cessnock.

Anybody know the result from tonight's Fixture?

Singo v Wallsend
    23's - 4-1 Singo
    1st - 1-3 Wallsend

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    For me, Blake Green is quality for Lakes.
    The big dog, Jarrod Olivieri, is killing them when he plays further forward - has scored a number of goals this year.
    Tyler (Warren I think?) Westy goalkeeper is outstanding - best keeper in NewFM by a mile.

A lot of quite young (19/20 yo) players getting runs in first grade and doing well also.
    This seems to be a trend across all the teams this year - good to see the clubs giving them a go.

Lots of quality in the 19s comp as well - Jones (Westy), Nicholson (Beswans), Hall (Singo), Richardson, & Ward (Lakes) all have futures.
    I like to get to watch the 19s when I go - technically I think the 19s players are the best.
    I agree with the above and will add thornton have a number of quality players in their squad tallan martin has played syd state league and is still quality just lacks the fitness at times they have macca and subat as well so some very handy players there....

kahiba have a few handy players across the park and from what ive seen there keeper is not to bad as well

Belswans on there day look outstanding and have a number of players more then capable of grinding out results for them however their form of late seems to of dropped off very suprised with the cessnock result ??? but will be interesting to see how they bounce back in coming weeks.

westy have some hard nosed players and 1 or 2 standouts which will help them get results. the goalkeeper is certainly quality.

lakes have a strong squad across the pitch with some decent depth which i will think get them across the line come end of season. i have seen 1 or 2 of their games and recognise a few players from previous years plus a number of players i have seen at other clubs that are very handy.

They by far have the best attack in the comp walker and green and are very solid at the back with the 2 central defenders (unaware of names) and corey fletcher on the left . They have kemp in goals who is very strong and has plenty of experience also they have a very capable backup playing 23s who i have not seen playing since the 2012 grand final. Sean matthews is also now out with them again and his quality and experience will be very handy in the middle of the park.

cooks hill have a number of quality players who will get them into the top 4 i believe a few results and momentum to go their way will see them be a tough team to beat. I caught their game against lakes and they were very unlucky not to get a result

wallsend have multiple ex state league players across the pitch although showing a bit of age now still will carve up most players on their day.
    jennings in goals is an excellent keeper as well so ill be very suprised if they are not top 3 end of season.

singleton i can't comment on heard they picked up a decent few players but im yet to see any of their matches.
    cessnock as above have some handy players but just not the quilty or depth to match it with the top teams.
    toronto can get a result on their day but lack control and discipline at crucial times
    south cardiff im yet to see a game or have heard of players out there so cannot comment

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    I agree with the above and will add thornton have a number of quality players in their squad tallan martin has played syd state league and is still quality just lacks the fitness at times they have macca and subat as well so some very handy players there....

kahiba have a few handy players across the park and from what ive seen there keeper is not to bad as well

Belswans on there day look outstanding and have a number of players more then capable of grinding out results for them however their form of late seems to of dropped off very suprised with the cessnock result ??? but will be interesting to see how they bounce back in coming weeks.

westy have some hard nosed players and 1 or 2 standouts which will help them get results. the goalkeeper is certainly quality.

lakes have a strong squad across the pitch with some decent depth which i will think get them across the line come end of season. i have seen 1 or 2 of their games and recognise a few players from previous years plus a number of players i have seen at other clubs that are very handy.

They by far have the best attack in the comp walker and green and are very solid at the back with the 2 central defenders (unaware of names) and corey fletcher on the left . They have kemp in goals who is very strong and has plenty of experience also they have a very capable backup playing 23s who i have not seen playing since the 2012 grand final. Sean matthews is also now out with them again and his quality and experience will be very handy in the middle of the park.

cooks hill have a number of quality players who will get them into the top 4 i believe a few results and momentum to go their way will see them be a tough team to beat. I caught their game against lakes and they were very unlucky not to get a result

wallsend have multiple ex state league players across the pitch although showing a bit of age now still will carve up most players on their day.
    jennings in goals is an excellent keeper as well so ill be very suprised if they are not top 3 end of season.

singleton i can't comment on heard they picked up a decent few players but im yet to see any of their matches.
    cessnock as above have some handy players but just not the quilty or depth to match it with the top teams.
    toronto can get a result on their day but lack control and discipline at crucial times
    south cardiff im yet to see a game or have heard of players out there so cannot comment

Cheers

do agree with that, few keys I see below:

Belswans- are a quick side that play on the counter attack, Ludlow? think that's his name! Wow he can play
    wallsend- exp to guide them around- gazzard- still controls the show on the field
    Kahibah- absolute class side, iffield in the middles work load is phenomenal, natural leader at the back to steer the ship
    stags- Roberts is there key player up front and found the next on the weekend according to the stats, few locals came back ive heard with NPL exp, results???
    cookers- mixture of youth with a few old heads, can see them improving- young coaching staff- may have future plans in place?
    lakes- $$ and good players make them the side to beat IMO
    southy- will compete on the day- as you can see with the result against wallsend
    thornotn- macca! wow this kid can play

predictions for the weekend?

Will results be taken into account?
    They weren't with promotion from ZPL to NEWFM, so id assume not in the next restructure. The primary focus will be on facilities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    They weren't with promotion from ZPL to NEWFM, so id assume not in the next restructure. The primary focus will be on facilities etc.
    What a statement that is. Basically we don't care if your shit as long as you have a ground we like, instead of having the best teams and encouraging and working with them to improve their ground.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    What a statement that is. Basically we don't care if your shit as long as you have a ground we like, instead of having the best teams and encouraging and working with them to improve their ground.
    It's sad but it's true though. Look at Kahibah for example, I think they won maybe a hand full of games over two years and got promoted both years. It comes down to meeting criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by lafootball View Post
    It's sad but it's true though. Look at Kahibah for example, I think they won maybe a hand full of games over two years and got promoted both years. It comes down to meeting criteria.
    What with a tempory fence ?

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    That's the reality mate. Its a statement borne of experience. Not saying its right, but its the way it has been with 'promotion' from ZPL to NEWFM, different associations run them and have different criteria, so results are not he most important element.

Cooks Hill beat Thornton 2-1 in 1sts