Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 Zone League 2 thread

I thought Simba were still in with a chance?? They do need mussy to lose against Uni admittedly and they knock over Wallsend on the weekend. If any team could pull that off it would be Simba.

Any scores from last nights catchups?

Uni won reggies can't remember what the score was. And plattsy won 1st grade 5.1

1sts Medowie 2 - 4 Simba
    Res Medowie 2 - 1 Simba
    From SP.

Merewether vs Westlakes
    Ressies 1 - 3
    Firsts 1- 2

Top of the table finish for the Cats!!!

Thanks to Merewether for two hard fought games.

Simba v Wallsend

Ressies: 2-2
    1st Grade: 4-3

Congrats to Westlakes on the minor prem and promotion.

Thanks to all the teams for a good comp this year. Good luck to all the teams in the finals.

Uni vs Muswellbrook

Ressies 5-1
    Firsts 1-11

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What I think all the top 4 can agree is thank whoever that Simba missed out on the top 4 - they are absolutely amazing on their day.
    Looks like Simba did their thing v Wallsend. Everyone should be stoked Simba didn't make it into the finals.

Good luck to all teams in the finals. May we all appreciate what is IMO the best finals format in 1v4, 2v3 home&away and may it live forever.
    OK

Any results from the Hamilton v maryland game fellas?? And new Lambton v Medowie?

2nill to hammo in reggies. 3 all in 1st

Good note for Maryland to finish their season on, Simba with a nice result too.

Thanks for a good season everyone, I think its been a pretty strong and even comp overall - indicated by the fact that 3 teams in a tight race for first, a few more teams in a race for the fourth finals spot and two pretty handy teams in Merewether and Simba don't get a look in to the finals. And even lower down the table, we've found most teams to be pretty competitive and even Medowie have had some closer games in the last month.

I think its a good sign for the Zone leagues in general and hopefully all the clubs from this year can continue strengthening and move forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    2nill to hammo in reggies. 3 all in 1st
    Are you able to confirm this Suarez, Sporting Pulse has the scores the other way round.

4-0 NL in res (their striker finally switched on)
    4-2 NL in 1sts
    The boys had a good finish to the season
    Well done to all teams and best of luck in the semis, it has been a good year to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbo View Post
    Are you able to confirm this Suarez, Sporting Pulse has the scores the other way round.
    Would this happen to be dobbo from west lakes. And yes I am able to confirm it.

No.

I'm assuming Dobbo is involved with Wallsend perhaps judging by past posts??

Nah, I am from Wallsend, was needing confirmation so we can try to organise the gardens for our home semi.

With a bit of rain threatening to play havoc with the first leg of the semis this weekend, this email eventually came round from the ZFL committee today.

------

With some ordinary weather surrounding the area some questions arise regards what happens if…….?

· With all respect to safety play your matches.

· Preference, if not obviously under water, would be to leave it up to the Referee call which may give your pitch some more drainage/drying time.

If there is no alternative and your ground is closed;

· Make arrangements to re-locate the matches on that day. Leg 1.

· Remember to contact – ZFL (either Gail or me) of the move, your opposition. ZFL contact will inform State League Referees.

· If no alternative is available – reset the matches for mid-week; usually Wednesday.

· If the weather dictates that no reset match of Leg 1 is possible during the week then Leg 2 becomes a ONE off match – Winner through to the Grand Final.

· If the ONE off Leg 2 match is washed out plus any resets – the highest ranking teams go through to the Grand Final.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    With a bit of rain threatening to play havoc with the first leg of the semis this weekend, this email eventually came round from the ZFL committee today.

------

With some ordinary weather surrounding the area some questions arise regards what happens if…….?

· With all respect to safety play your matches.

· Preference, if not obviously under water, would be to leave it up to the Referee call which may give your pitch some more drainage/drying time.

If there is no alternative and your ground is closed;

· Make arrangements to re-locate the matches on that day. Leg 1.

· Remember to contact – ZFL (either Gail or me) of the move, your opposition. ZFL contact will inform State League Referees.

· If no alternative is available – reset the matches for mid-week; usually Wednesday.

· If the weather dictates that no reset match of Leg 1 is possible during the week then Leg 2 becomes a ONE off match – Winner through to the Grand Final.

· If the ONE off Leg 2 match is washed out plus any resets – the highest ranking teams go through to the Grand Final.
    How is the weather out Muswellbrook way??

Ressies

Uni 2 Hamo 2 (i think)

Firsts
    Westlakes 1 mussy 0

Not the best match by either side was a bit of a slog mussy very un lucky with a few chances pushed the cats right to the death. Next week will be interesting

Westlakes v Wallsend reggies was 1all. Hammo v Wallsend 4.3 to hammo