Page 44 of 76 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: FFA Cup - NNSWF

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    3-0 winners, well done Edgy
    Great result for edgy

Great effort Jaffas, I know the feeling to well

Really enjoyed Edgy v WSW last night.

I thought Josh Evans was the absolute clear standout for Edgy. He was phenomenal.

Next best I thought was Bizzari in the middle. He was excellent and IMO showed he can match it at the level. Note: I have no idea how old he is, his club history, etc but I'll be surprised if he isn't at least invited to train with an AL club soon.

Aaron McLoughlin I thought was really good too, even considering particularly in the first half him getting turned&burned by WSW's new Japanese import. You could see how hard Aaron worked particularly at the end when he was just run off his feet.

McBreen was excellent and matched the quality of WSW, as expected.

Keanu Moore particularly in the first half had some really nice touches and apart from McBreen was what I considered the only real player to offer some threat to the WSW defence.

Brody Taylor worked his freckle off to attempt to ambush/trap WSW playing out - clearly a tactic by Edgy that came close to coming off multiple times.

Pasquale was tenacious but didn't offer a lot apart from defensive pressure.

I barely saw Holz in the game.

Bren Hammel wasn't overly effective.

Foggarty made some superb saves, but then he let in a goal like Scott Neville's which looked routine.

Don't know his first name but Gardiner who came off the bench looked out of his depth - but looked really young so fair play to him.

Pat Wheeler looked unreal when he came on. Played some great balls and had some nice touches. I'm always impressed by him.

All in all I thought Edgy didn't threaten a heap, but held their own. I thought the scoreline wasn't a true reflection on how much Edgy kept themselves in the game.

WSW were miles, miles better than what Melbourne City were last year against Edgy.

The big thing Edgy missed from last year was Luke Walker. He was the standout player v City last year, playing about 4 positions in one. If he was back this year, or if Edgy had McBreen last year, I feel like both years would have ended up different results.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

I thought Josh Evans was the absolute clear standout for Edgy. He was phenomenal.

Next best I thought was Bizzari in the middle. He was excellent and IMO showed he can match it at the level. Note: I have no idea how old he is, his club history, etc but I'll be surprised if he isn't at least invited to train with an AL club soon.

Aaron McLoughlin I thought was really good too, even considering particularly in the first half him getting turned&burned by WSW's new Japanese import. You could see how hard Aaron worked particularly at the end when he was just run off his feet.

Keanu Moore particularly in the first half had some really nice touches and apart from McBreen was what I considered the only real player to offer some threat to the WSW defence.

Brody Taylor worked his freckle off to attempt to ambush/trap WSW playing out - clearly a tactic by Edgy that came close to coming off multiple times.

Foggarty made some superb saves, but then he let in a goal like Scott Neville's which looked routine.

Don't know his first name but Gardiner who came off the bench looked out of his depth - but looked really young so fair play to him.

Pat Wheeler looked unreal when he came on. Played some great balls and had some nice touches. I'm always impressed by him.

All in all I thought Edgy didn't threaten a heap, but held their own. I thought the scoreline wasn't a true reflection on how much Edgy kept themselves in the game.

WSW were miles, miles better than what Melbourne City were last year against Edgy.

The big thing Edgy missed from last year was Luke Walker. He was the standout player v City last year, playing about 4 positions in one. If he was back this year, or if Edgy had McBreen last year, I feel like both years would have ended up different results.
    So your saying if walker played against wanderers. Edgy would of won. That's laughable. They were played off the park for atleast 75mins
    Clearly edgys hectic schedule over the last few months contributed.

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    So your saying if walker played against wanderers. Edgy would of won. That's laughable. They were played off the park for atleast 75mins
    Wanderers were the sharpest I've seen an A-league team so far this pre-season. Edgey put up a good fight but i thought they did well but the scoreline was a fair reflection in the end.

Also agree, Evans was brilliant. Mcloughlin was my next best.
    Bren Hammel is a great player but just had to do so much defending.
    Last edited by leftrightout; 31-08-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I don't think Edgy would have won, all I said was it would have been a different result.
    OK

Dribble

I don't think Edgy would have won, all I said was it would have been a different result.
    So a draw?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    So a draw?
    no 4 - 1 instead of 5 - 1 in last nights game if luke walker played
    Last edited by cobra23; 31-08-2016 at 12:29 PM.

So a draw?
    And would Edgy have won the penalty shootout with that keeper?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Wanderers were the sharpest I've seen an A-league team so far this pre-season. Edgey put up a good fight but i thought they did well but the scoreline was a fair reflection in the end.

Also agree, Evans was brilliant. Mcloughlin was my next best.
    Bren Hammel is a great player but just had to do so much defending.
    Evans and Mcbreen were my best last night.
    the rest were terrible considering the occasion,

The whole lot were crap,sugar coat it as much as you like,the only winners as far as our comp goes are Magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    The whole lot were crap,sugar coat it as much as you like,the only winners as far as our comp goes are Magic.
    Do elaborate.. Pretty sure the Magic were knocked out by Edgy and that Edgy were the first Newcastle team to win a round of 32 match. I know I would have loved if Magic had been able to do so. Don't see your point here?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Dribble
    Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Do elaborate.. Pretty sure the Magic were knocked out by Edgy and that Edgy were the first Newcastle team to win a round of 32 match. I know I would have loved if Magic had been able to do so. Don't see your point here?
    He's saying Magic will be the ones to benefit from Edgeworth getting run around for 90 tough minutes, in the days leading up to the grand final.

Last edited by hawk; 31-08-2016 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    He's saying Magic will be the ones to benefit from Edgeworth getting run around for 90 tough minutes, in the days leading up to the grand final.
    I guess it's not too early to already be looking for excuses.

----cleaned----

This is the mighty ffa cup thread not the "which average player might walk into an average nnsw team" thread.
    Last edited by hawk; 04-09-2016 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    ----cleaned----

This is the mighty ffa cup thread not the "which average player might walk into an average nnsw team" thread.
    PCO's on patrol

Does anyone know when the FFA Cup draw will be done, and any idea when the first round will be played?