Page 107 of 127 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    This is quite ridiculous having to wait until next week to see the format of the 2017 competition. Nnswf have full time staff. This decision should have been made months ago. Even if you want to wait until after the gf to make any announcements.

Anyone got any inside info or thoughts?
    Last I heard is that 20th September is still possibly not the final date. Lots of application reviews and the process from what I've been told is quiet tedious. But you're right, this should have been done months ago. All good for clubs like Magic, Olympic, Edgy, etc... who know they'll remain in NPL but for Lakes/Southy and those NewFM clubs, even Charlestown with the rumours, who knows.

Clubs have had to postpone AGM's and end of year committee get togethers because the future is still not clear. Say what you will about the whole process, whether you favour it or not, all of this should have been done ages ago.

As for the Charlestown article, it looks as though they have a plan going forward. Unfortunately from the outside looking in and with rumours swirling, it seems as though they may struggle but alas I think it's best to wait it out. Securing a sponsor like Club Azzurri is a big plus and they have a lot of local support. I haven't dealt with the club too much as with New-FM clubs but fairly solid. For their sake I hope they stay up as the history of Highfields Azzurri (now CCB) is a proud one.

And as for Kahibah going to NPL, whether it's possible or not is not the question, I just want to add that as far as I know nothing has been green-lighted. If I was a betting man I'd have Lakes and South Cardiff to go up. Lakes IMO are certainties. They won all four grades, Macquarie Field meets the criteria and they have a solid backing of sponsors and volunteers.

Nnswf have had 3 years to make a decision on the makeup of 2017, why and how it's gone on this long wreaks of no leadership, why nnswf board members quiet on this

The clubs threw the spanner in the works when they pushed for open reserve grade... The clubs knew when the submissions were due... why didnt they get together before the submission due take to flex their chests in a serious manner like may or june?

As for Charlestown its a tough one... will all other clubs have the opportunity to change/update their submission after the due date... that's not really fair is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    The clubs threw the spanner in the works when they pushed for open reserve grade... The clubs knew when the submissions were due... why didnt they get together before the submission due take to flex their chests in a serious manner like may or june?

As for Charlestown its a tough one... will all other clubs have the opportunity to change/update their submission after the due date... that's not really fair is it?
    Probably not but it is nnswf

For example... What if Forever's great uncle Keithy-Joe passed and left his 6 bedroom, 4 bathroom, 5 garage, James Hardy inspired mansion sitting on 3423m at Cardiff to the mighty Gunners... Should Southy not have the opportunity to add that huge win-fall of $218,000 to their proposal after the due date? Image what it could do to Ulinga?

Procedural fairness should not only count when a negative incident occurs but also a positive... Would NNSWF let Southy update their Submission?... would it be fair?

If Kahibah are accepted and play in NPL1 next year, will that mean they've gone from ZL1 to NPL without winning a single thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KirkVanHouten View Post
    Yeah makes total sense, bring back a team that finished pretty much bottom of the second tier. Extraordinary
    Has nothing to do with results, kahibah can vouch for that

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    If Kahibah are accepted and play in NPL1 next year, will that mean they've gone from ZL1 to NPL without winning a single thing?
    Hahahaha... Kahibah? Did they get Johnnie Cochrane to complete their NPL submission...

Coaches for 2017

Adamstown - Peter McGuinness
    Broadmeadow - Ruben Zadkovich
    Charlestown - Shane Pryce
    Edgeworth - Damien Zane
    Hamilton - Michael Bolch?
    Lambton - James Pascoe?
    Maitland - Dean Heffernan
    Weston - Steve Piggott
    Valentine - Darren Sills?

Belswans - Josh Rufo
    Cessnock - Lino (not sure of last name)
    Cooks Hill - Graham Law
    Kahibah - Andre Gumprecht
    Lakes - Anthony Richards?
    Singleton - Dave Willoby?
    South Cardiff - Andrew Packer?
    Toronto - Adam Routledge
    Thornton - Daryl McCallister
    Wallsend - Dave Hodgson?
    West Wallsend - Gary Rowe?

Most are confirmed, the others I'm not sure so they have the ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Coaches for 2017

Adamstown - Peter McGuinness
    Broadmeadow - Ruben Zadkovich
    Charlestown - Shane Pryce
    Edgeworth - Damien Zane
    Hamilton - Michael Bolch?
    Lambton - James Pascoe?
    Maitland - Dean Heffernan
    Weston - Steve Piggott
    Valentine - Darren Sills?

Belswans - Josh Rufo
    Cessnock - Lino (not sure of last name)
    Cooks Hill - Graham Law
    Kahibah - Andre Gumprecht
    Lakes - Anthony Richards?
    Singleton - Dave Willoby?
    South Cardiff - Andrew Packer?
    Toronto - Adam Routledge
    Thornton - Daryl McCallister
    Wallsend - Dave Hodgson?
    West Wallsend - Gary Rowe?

Most are confirmed, the others I'm not sure so they have the ?
    Pretty sure I've heard or read that Rowe (Westy) and Willoughby (Singleton) will both stay on. Wouldn't be too confident about Dave Hodgson staying at Wallsend. Have heard he may play elsewhere. And Gumpsy isn't 100% at Kahibah just yet. NPL announcement may hinder him staying there. If my numbers are correct, only two New-FM coaches have a B-License which is needed in NPL1.

Law, Ritcho and Packer I believe is doing his. Surely Gumps must have or be getting his?

No matter who plays NPL, the same top 50 players will be spread around these clubs. If Southy go up, they'll attract a few NPL players, if lakes go up, they'll attract a few NPL players, if kahibah go up same story. Just the way it is.

It makes it difficult for clubs to prepare their youth teams when you don't know what Comp you'll be in, this will only make for a lopsided NPL youth league once again as most current NPL teams have already shopped at the zone academy's

Why do everyone speculate when the announcement is just a few days away. Most of the stuff on here is just total rubbish you read year in year out,no one ever reveals their supposed source which leads to people like me to just ignore it as nothing more than gossip. Give me some factual content please.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    And how unfair was this.

From my memory there was six or seven clubs that signed the complaint to NNSWFootball about wanting open reserve grade. They would have been the clubs that were always going to be in NPL1 next year anyway so what do they care if they delay the process?

I feel sorry for the other 13 or 14 clubs that have put a heap of work into an NPL application who are currently sitting in limbo because of the attitude of the top clubs. All clubs were given the opportunity to have input into the format a year ago and nobody complained until the last minute.

The trickle down effect is huge - NewFM (or NPL2) and even the Zone league competitions will potentially be impacted by the decision next week.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingFan View Post
    And how unfair was this.

From my memory there was six or seven clubs that signed the complaint to NNSWFootball about wanting open reserve grade. They would have been the clubs that were always going to be in NPL1 next year anyway so what do they care if they delay the process?

I feel sorry for the other 13 or 14 clubs that have put a heap of work into an NPL application who are currently sitting in limbo because of the attitude of the top clubs. All clubs were given the opportunity to have input into the format a year ago and nobody complained until the last minute.

The trickle down effect is huge - NewFM (or NPL2) and even the Zone league competitions will potentially be impacted by the decision next week.
    all clubs who have applied for NPL should have been in attendance at the meeting where this was discussed not just those who signed it, maitland were the only ones who didnt sign

Quote Originally Posted by Tonester View Post
    Why do everyone speculate when the announcement is just a few days away. Most of the stuff on here is just total rubbish you read year in year out,no one ever reveals their supposed source which leads to people like me to just ignore it as nothing more than gossip. Give me some factual content please.
    Great post.
    The only FACT known is a conflict of interest between a member of the kahibah staff/ committe and a family member on the NPL selection panel.

Quote Originally Posted by spamg172 View Post
    Law, Ritcho and Packer I believe is doing his. Surely Gumps must have or be getting his?
    From what I heard the coaches had to have the B license when the applications were handed in

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    all clubs who have applied for NPL should have been in attendance at the meeting where this was discussed not just those who signed it, maitland were the only ones who didnt sign
    Valo & Maitland did not sign & Weston went against it as well at the meeting.

Heres my pick fpr NPL 2017

Magic
    Olympic
    Edgeworth
    Charlestown
    Lake Macquarie
    Maitland
    Weston
    Adamstown
    Lambton
    Jets Youth
    Toronto Awaba