Page 114 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2521

Thread: 2016 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    robbing the juniors to fund the senior teams ?

I don't know so just asking a question. Nothing against the players or clubs.
    Pretty much this, where ever sponsors don't cover.

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Magic Park?
    I'm getting my pizza delivered this time!

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    To be decided after 2nd Semi today between Sydney Utd and Brisbane Strikers. Works on some points system concerning cards and goals. One of the commentators yesty said that either of todays teams had to win by 2 goals to host otherwise it'll be in newy.
    Sydney United won 2-1
    So does that mean Edgeworth host the final?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Sydney United won 2-1
    So does that mean Edgeworth host the final?
    I heard it was in Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by GO AWAY View Post
    I heard it was in Sydney
    Media reports that I read said it was being played at Edensor. Apparently Sydney United will ahve played all their games at home.

Unsure how points system works, but hardly seems fair that one team has played every game at home and the other away games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Media reports that I read said it was being played at Edensor. Apparently Sydney United will ahve played all their games at home.

Unsure how points system works, but hardly seems fair that one team has played every game at home and the other away games.
    Sydney Vs Newcastle... It happens

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post

Apparently what wrecked Edgy's chances of hosting the final was that they went to Extra Time v Bentleigh - which gave them less points than if they were to win in normal time.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Apparently what wrecked Edgy's chances of hosting the final was that they are a team from Newcastle.

Fixed.

Did anyone spot that little paragraph in the herald that said Connor Evans was training with the jets?

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Did anyone spot that little paragraph in the herald that said Connor Evans was training with the jets?
    Yeah I noticed that. I didn't think we had any spots left.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Yeah I noticed that. I didn't think we had any spots left.
    Training doesn't imply signing,watched him last week in the FFA Cup for Blacktown and he didn't impress at all.

Hey Tonester, I have along memory and I recall you bagging Evans when he won player of the year in Newcastle. You also made the statement that he couldn't make the the rep. teams that Daniel made. Maybe he didn't even try out for those rep. teams as the difference in ages would suggest. He went to the top team in Sydney and was a starting player in every game for 2 years. They won a Premiership, the National NPL title and this year a Grand Final and made the final 8 of the FFA Cup. I know all this because I've followed his career since noticing him playing for Weston on BARTV. He can only hope that he continues to be unimpressive to you, because if you thought he had an ordinary game against SydneyFC you don't know what you're looking at. In a team that went ordinary he stood out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    Hey Tonester, I have along memory and I recall you bagging Evans when he won player of the year in Newcastle. You also made the statement that he couldn't make the the rep. teams that Daniel made. Maybe he didn't even try out for those rep. teams as the difference in ages would suggest. He went to the top team in Sydney and was a starting player in every game for 2 years. They won a Premiership, the National NPL title and this year a Grand Final and made the final 8 of the FFA Cup. I know all this because I've followed his career since noticing him playing for Weston on BARTV. He can only hope that he continues to be unimpressive to you, because if you thought he had an ordinary game against SydneyFC you don't know what you're looking at. In a team that went ordinary he stood out.
    Thanks MR EVANS

Quote Originally Posted by The Acolyte View Post
    Matter of opinion,I'd back my knowledge of football and footballers against yours anytime.As previously stated by Magician I would also like to thank you for your input Mr Evans.

I don't know if there is a MR. EVANS, if there is, at least he doesn't get on here beating the drum for his son as another is wont to do. I'm just a spectator that took an interest in a player that played a different type of football to most others in the Newcastle comp. and was adjudged the best in the competition {and was bagged by Tonester}. He went to Sydney and achieved more in 2 seasons than some of the LEGENDS of NNSWF achieve in their careers and this bucketmouth is still bagging him. Maybe if he turned up in a Chicken Man outfit he might get some credit from this expert.

Acolyte you rate him, Tonester doesn't.
    At the end of the day neither opinion matters.

Another matter of opinion. I think that maybe you have a foul smell and a shiney elbow and you're comfortable with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Acolyte you rate him, Tonester doesn't.
    At the end of the day neither opinion matters.
    If young Birdy got an opportunity or an award and got bagged for it, I would have the same opinion as I also consider him a good footballer. Bagging one player doesn't make another player a better footballer

Magician and Tonester a bit of advice, stay away from the racecourse because both of you will be walking home with empty pockets