Thirds: 0-9

Westlakes v Uni

3rds
    3-1 Uni (>6 corners to Uni) they got that in about 10 minutes

Ressies
    2-0 Uni

Firsts
    2-1 Uni

Tough day for the Cats, got taught a few lessons today. Glad we don’t have to play on that field every week, too big for the unfit.

3rds: were under the pump in the first 20 and down 2-0. Jagged a goal back just before HT, but Uni played too good for us today.

Ressies: was 0-0 for about 65 mins, Uni finishing off some good chances and came home the better.

Firsts: conceded a goal right on the HT bunger, second half botched a few decent chances and had decent possession. Uni able to get a second on the counter to make it 2-0. A late surge from the cats after making it 2-1 but Uni did well to hold on.

Quote Originally Posted by TXK View Post
    Jesmond vs. Azzurri

Firsts: 3-4
    Res: 1-2
    Thirds: 0-9
    Good results again txk your 3rds conceded yet ? Good backline ?Hope you boys aren't burbs stacking this early in the year

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    Good results again txk your 3rds conceded yet ? Good backline ?Hope you boys aren't burbs stacking this early in the year
    Correct mate thirds yet to concede. Pretty crazy game in first grade, a bit more open then we’d like. Otto adding a bit of flavour to the game with some interesting calls to say the least.

In all honesty, no stacking going on mate. Just a testament to depth we have in the squad this season. Adding to our First Grade depth has naturally seen a trickle down effect through the other grades. A couple of boys that have been performing well in Thirds were actually promoted to Reserves this weekend, as ressies have been hit with a couple of injuries. Good to see them step up and contribute to a win in a higher grade when given the opportunity.

Maryland Fletcher v Wallsend

Thirds: 0-0 Draw
    Ressies: 2-1 Wallsend
    Firsts: 3-1 Wallsend

Quote Originally Posted by the_butcher View Post
    Make Thirds Great Again:

1. New Lambton vs Cooks Hill: Cooks Hill to win with a -2 start
    2. Stockton vs Suburbs: Suburbs to win, both teams to score
    3. Jesmond vs Azzurri: Azzurri to win but will concede their first goal of the season
    4. Uni vs Westlakes: Uni to win by more than 2 (sorry Moz) and receive 6 or more corners
    5. Maryland vs Wallsend: It'll be a bloodbath in the local derby. It won't be double figures but it will be more than 5.
    1. With the -2 start, Cookers would have only managed a 1-1 draw. 0 points.
    2. Suburbs didn't win but both teams scored. 0.5 points.
    3. Azzurri won but didn't concede. 0.5 points
    4. Uni only won by 2 but did receive more than 6 corners. 0.5 points
    5. Maryland pulled off probably the biggest upset so far this year...can you call a draw an upset? 0 points.

Total = 1.5 points out of a possible 5. Poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

New Lambton vs Cooks Hill = Cooks Hill by a couple.

Stockton vs Garden Suburb = Tough one to pick. I never would have thought Suburbs would be sitting last at this point of the season without a win. I backed them early, especially after their strong FFA cup performance but something isn't quite right over there in the land of the Kingfisher. I'm going to have to go Stockton as a win for them could potentially put them into the top 4 if other results go their way. Would another loss spell the end to suburbs finals aspirations?

Jesmond vs Azzurri = After last week's 5-0 drubbing of suburbs I think Jesmond have well and truly got their season under way. Predicting they will inflict Azzurri's first loss of the season.

Uni vs Westlakes = Westlakes have been really unlucky so far this season, only going down by a goal in each of their two loses. This week they'll win by a goal.

Maryland vs Wallsend = Match of the Round, local derby, winner goes into the top 4. Wallsend's discipline will cost them. They will go a man down and lose by 2 or more.
    Terrible tipping
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito mosquito View Post
    3rds

New Lambton v Cooks Hill - CH 2-0
    Stockton v Suburbs - Suburbs 3-0
    Jesmond v Azzurri - Azzurri 2-1
    Maryland v Wallsend - Wallsend 7-1
    Uni v Westlakes - WL 2-1

CH to find this game frustrating and struggle to score

Stockton to get 3+ yellows

Jesmond to play 8 - 1 - 1 for most of the game

Maryland to score first

WL in a thriller, winner in last 5.

Good luck with your predictions Butchy, I’ll count the corners conceded
    NL v CH 0.5

Result was wrong but the fact that CH didn’t score I can safely say they struggled to score

Stockton v Suburbs 0

Result was wrong, can only assume no more than 3 yellows to Stocko but potential for .5 if there’s confirmation. Bit of a silly prediction in hind sight.

Jesmond v Azzuri .25
    Result was right but was way off with score so not taking the full .5. Butch can you confirm whether the 8-1-1 formation was used?

Maryland v Wallsend 0
    Result was wrong, great effort by Maryland, a point off Wallsend is a big coup.

WL v Uni 0
    Result was wrong, was not a thriller. Goal to finish us off was scored in the last 5.

Total .75 (with potential to increase)

Very poor tipping on my behalf
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Stockton v Suburbs 0

Result was wrong, can only assume no more than 3 yellows to Stocko but potential for .5 if there’s confirmation. Bit of a silly prediction in hind sight.
    I believe there was only one yellow for each team in this one.. Sorry mate..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I believe there was only one yellow for each team in this one.. Sorry mate..
    Not at all, glad it was a good clean game. I might steer clear from these sorts of predictions in the future
    #Make3rdsGreatAgain

Hey Lads,

Normally a ZPL poster, but a great Fan of the ZP1 forum.

Thought i'd give you all the chance to jump on and vote - https://linkto.run/p/TQDDKB88

Voting closes on Thursday night

There seems to be no consistency in this league besides Azzuri and cooks hill. 3rd and 4th are anyone’s at this point, VERY tight competition indeed.

What’s going on over at Westlakes and Suburbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    There seems to be no consistency in this league besides Azzuri and cooks hill. 3rd and 4th are anyone’s at this point, VERY tight competition indeed.
    It's very hard to tell what's going on in this league.

I'm putting it down to a lot of injuries to certain clubs & people going away throughout the year!

Azzurri & Cookers likely to finish 1 & 2 but if someone like Wallsend & Stockton can get their act together and show some consistency, who knows.

From what I've heard, West Lakes have had their injury concerns, as well as Suburbs. But I'm sure most clubs can say the same, Wallsend have had injuries to key players on a weekly basis, probably explains their up & down form.

Azzurri have a great chance to go unbeaten!!

Jesmond v Azzuri .25
    Result was right but was way off with score so not taking the full .5. Butch can you confirm whether the 8-1-1 formation was used?
    Can confirm they played a 4-4-2, sorry moz An interesting point for all of you staunch followers of Third Grade, the score was only 1-0 at half time... Azzurri coach must have delivered one hell of a team talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisfootball View Post

Azzurri & Cookers likely to finish 1 & 2 but if someone like Wallsend & Stockton can get their act together and show some consistency, who knows.
    There's definitely going to be some twists and turns in the title race. Even Westlakes and Suburbs who are sitting last and second last have the potential to beat anyone on their day.

Just as interesting will be the battle to avoid relegation. Very hard to fathom clubs like Suburbs or Westlakes going down. Still a very long way to go, though.

Anyone brave enough to make a prediction this early on?
    Last edited by the_butcher; 21-05-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Anyone brave enough to make a prediction this early on?
    New Lambton.

Just as interesting will be the battle to avoid relegation. Very hard to fathom clubs like Suburbs or Westlakes going down. Still a very long way to go, though.

Anyone brave enough to make a prediction this early on?[/QUOTE]

I heard that the coach told the boys of the little crippled boy sitting in hospital that wanted them to win that game. Rumour has it the coach crippled the boy himself to inspire the team.

3rds catch up tonight.
    Jeso v WL - WL 3-0
    - WL to score atleast 1 goal from a set piece

WL v Jeso

3rds 1-1
    Res 1-0 Jeso

3rds
    WL score first with a goal off a corner. Scrappy game, what you’d expect at Heaton. WL had a penalty saved in the first half and couldn’t take chances. Jeso stayed in it and was a pretty even contest and got a late goal back with 5 to go.

Ressies
    Jeso scored in the first minute. Pretty even game with both teams having good chances but just not capitalising.