Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Jaffas 14s lost to Jets 13s
    Jaffas 15s beat Jets 14s
    Jaffas 16s beat Jets 15s.
    Jaffas 18s beat Jets 16s.
    That's a pretty good effort all around.

Posted originally in the SAP thread, but just though it more appropriate here:

https://newcastleolympicfc.wordpress...tball-academy/

Newcastle Olympic wishes to announce the establishment of the Newcastle Olympic Football Academy (NOFA). The Academy (NOFA) will serve the needs of individual players regardless of age, team, or development phase. The training will be based on developing attributes that are consistent with NOFC’s philosophy and ethos regarding technical ability, work ethic, and personal character.

Interesting read - More and more clubs coming up with their own alternatives to the TSP. Are the clubs unhappy with the results being shown?
    Last edited by Aegon; 20-02-2020 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Posted originally in the SAP thread, but just as appropriate here:

Newcastle Olympic establishes its own Newcastle Olympic Football Academy

Newcastle Olympic wishes to announce the establishment of the Newcastle Olympic Football Academy (NOFA). The Academy (NOFA) will serve the needs of individual players regardless of age, team, or development phase. The training will be based on developing attributes that are consistent with NOFC’s philosophy and ethos regarding technical ability, work ethic, and personal character.

Interesting read - More and more clubs coming up with their own alternatives to the TSP. Are the clubs unhappy with the results being shown?
    aegon
    can you further explain what you refer to results shown!

NOFA providing there own ethos and style, is the way to go, this should serve well for there own player stream in the future, this also depends on coaching staff at time, promoting youngsters or paying overs for aged players or jets players which have been told there services are no longer available.

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    aegon

NOFA providing there own ethos and style, is the way to go, this should serve well for there own player stream in the future, this also depends on coaching staff at time, promoting youngsters or paying overs for aged players or jets players which have been told there services are no longer available.
    U sayin Olympic not so good at promoting there own kids?

I cant read the link but think Newy clubs having academys is a good thing as long as it ain't just a cash grab. some NPL clubs in sydney have there own academies and produce good kids. if its about making kids better i am all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    U sayin Olympic not so good at promoting there own kids?

I cant read the link but think Newy clubs having academys is a good thing as long as it ain't just a cash grab. some NPL clubs in sydney have there own academies and produce good kids. if its about making kids better i am all for it.
    I don't think I said that?
    I said its the way to go, if designed fit for purpose for the club

As for Sydney academies and good kids. not sure where these good kids you referring are.
    Aus national u23 teams struggle to beat the likes of Thailand, Vietnam etc
    All focused on revenue, not talent or development, always will be

aegon

Just repeating some concerns I’ve heard previously. Inconsistent messaging between club and TSP leading to the clubs being unhappy with some of the guidance and direction that the TSP boys are receiving.
    Several clubs are now setting up their own alternatives to TSP. Just thinking is it as a result of the training the TSP boys are receiving, or ensuring the players not at TSP are getting complimentary training.

I don't think I said that?
    I said its the way to go, if designed fit for purpose for the club

As for Sydney academies and good kids. not sure where these good kids you referring are.
    Aus national u23 teams struggle to beat the likes of Thailand, Vietnam etc
    All focused on revenue, not talent or development, always will be
    but the kids that make them national teams aint from Newy, they from Sydney. Clubs there must be doing something right,

Just repeating some concerns I’ve heard previously. Inconsistent messaging between club and TSP leading to the clubs being unhappy with some of the guidance and direction that the TSP boys are receiving.
    Several clubs are now setting up their own alternatives to TSP. Just thinking is it as a result of the training the TSP boys are receiving, or ensuring the players not at TSP are getting complimentary training.
    wot other clubs have got there own TSP? i heard RH did it with NET & with jaffas but aint heard about 2 many others

wot other clubs have got there own TSP? i heard RH did it with NET & with jaffas but aint heard about 2 many others
    Jaffa’s, Charlestown (Newcastle Football Academy) and Maitland (Hipe). Edgy apparently doing extra training as well. Maybe others?

Jaffa’s, Charlestown (Newcastle Football Academy) and Maitland (Hipe). Edgy apparently doing extra training as well. Maybe others?
    I thought Newcastle Academy was private? Run by a former jet kid?

I thought Newcastle Academy was private? Run by a former jet kid?
    That's correct the founder just so happened to be a Charlestown coach and is now at Edgeworth.

Trial games tonight.
    U13 Valo 1 Jaffas 0
    U14 Jaffas 2 Valo 1

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    That's correct the founder just so happened to be a Charlestown coach and is now at Edgeworth.
    I'd check on that...

The founder is Charlestowns SAP coordinator or TD equivalent I heard.

Regardless, they are doing something right in the younger ages. They were substantially better later in the season than they were at the start.

The founder is Charlestowns SAP coordinator or TD equivalent I heard.

Regardless, they are doing something right in the younger ages. They were substantially better later in the season than they were at the start.
    The founder is Liam McDonald who is now at Edgeworth and last year was their U13s coach. Started as their U14s coach but left toward the end of last year.

Mick Hugo was the TD when the Academy was established he has nothing to do with it and is Assistant at Edgeworth 13s and Head Coach of South Cardiff 18s

The founder is Liam McDonald who is now at Edgeworth and last year was their U13s coach. Started as their U14s coach but left toward the end of last year.

Mick Hugo was the TD when the Academy was established he has nothing to do with it and is Assistant at Edgeworth 13s and Head Coach of South Cardiff 18s
    Talking about the wrong people mate. I was talking about Azzurri’s SAP TD or SAP co ordinator. Whatever the title is. He’s a coach of one of the Charlestown 10 SAP teams last year and this year is their SAP TD.

I may be 100% wrong but I was told he founded the Newcastle city football academy and bought in Liam as a head coach.

Today Magic played Mariners and got totally SMASHED in every age group. In other news Weston Youth teams were SMASHED by Mounties Wanderers. The gap in standard is very big indeed. More news just in: Jets 13s defeated Edgy 14s 3-2; Edgy 15’s defeated Jets 14s 2-1.
    Last edited by Captain_Carl; 22-02-2020 at 04:00 PM.

The 14s CCMA beat The NNSWNPL Grand Finals winners 19 nil....

Quote Originally Posted by JettyJet View Post
    The 14s CCMA beat The NNSWNPL Grand Finals winners 19 nil....
    Seriously? Geez. I heard magic youth in a bit of a mess but this? Questions gonna asked of coaches and mngmt

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Today Magic played Mariners and got totally SMASHED in every age group. In other news Weston Youth teams were SMASHED by Mounties Wanderers. The gap in standard is very big indeed. More news just in: Jets 13s defeated Edgy 14s 3-2; Edgy 15’s defeated Jets 14s 2-1.
    Got told magic NET beat CCM in 12s so not total wipe out