Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    I Feel there are more than 2 clubs dominating with the top kids now. So many clubs are taking JDL and NPl youth recruitment more seriously. Most recently look at Edgys npl youth results against Olympic on the weekend.
    It will be interesting to see the type of football the kids walk into from 13's too.The Edgy results are surprising as I thought Olympic have been the standard bearers in youth for a while (and they certainly have been one of the top SAP programs too).Edgy 13's have a couple of 12's SAP kids in there ( i think Maitland has a few u/12 SAP kids in their 13's as well).I heard Charlestown 13s have a lot of quality kids too.Might make for a pretty entertaining comp for them.
    Last edited by sapdad; 29-03-2021 at 04:02 PM.

It has had to improve more kids as more kids are being exposed to higher skilled training and game play.

I Feel there are more than 2 clubs dominating with the top kids now. So many clubs are taking JDL and NPl youth recruitment more seriously. Most recently look at Edgys npl youth results against Olympic on the weekend.
    I think you’ll find the TSP squad this year will largely make up the kids the Jets will be looking at.

Maitland 12s this year from what I’ve seen and heard will dominate unlike previous years.

Olympic will be strong as always but have lost a couple

Magic continue to be a club of choice

Jaffas continue to lose quality so will be interesting to see how the results go once the team is on a full size pitch

The Jets next year will be an interesting mix from a few clubs, boys playing 13s this year and the 12s JDL..

How are the 12s playing 13s handling it ? Has anyone seen ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal222 View Post
    How are the 12s playing 13s handling it ? Has anyone seen ?
    I assume you were referring to mainly this years 12s which is pretty close. Still quality at Jaffs but not as many. Edgy are building faster than any at the moment. Though I havent seen all teams yet including Maito.

Interesting that a few top players transferred into into Olympic and magic teams this year from New Lambton, Jaffas and Edgy. Did they do this to be noticed?

I assume you were referring to mainly this years 12s which is pretty close. Still quality at Jaffs but not as many. Edgy are building faster than any at the moment. Though I havent seen all teams yet including Maito.

Interesting that a few top players transferred into into Olympic and magic teams this year from New Lambton, Jaffas and Edgy. Did they do this to be noticed?
    I know of 6 that left the Jaffas to get away from the club which is very unfortunate, adding to previous players that have left but ones loss is another’s gain. I know they went to various clubs.

New Lambton players wanted to be in an NPL club set up so I am told.

New Lambton players wanted to be in an NPL club set up so I am told.
    Coaching changes.

Now the JDL grading days are over what’s everyone’s thoughts ?

Waste of time. Especially with a squad of 10 or more. Hardly worth the drive out there and the car park bottleneck.

Many games during the weeks where people were discussing 10+ goals being scored by the winner so would this be to convince the wannabe's where they should sit in the draws? There are many parents who think their child is great but NNSW certainly did highlight the skill gaps between clubs so maybe it wasnt so silly? Yes I agree futsal is completely different to open field football but watching the supposed strong teams play and then the weak ones you can certainly see the gap in skills
    Last edited by Retired01; 12-04-2021 at 10:52 AM.

It was a tough pill to swallow seeing 2 of 3 full size pitches at Speers Point along with a multitude of club facilities sitting dormant whilst kids are being forced to cram into the rage cages. One can only hope Northern realise that this was a dud idea and don’t do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    It was a tough pill to swallow seeing 2 of 3 full size pitches at Speers Point along with a multitude of club facilities sitting dormant whilst kids are being forced to cram into the rage cages. One can only hope Northern realise that this was a dud idea and don’t do it again.
    Unfortunately looking that the lines at the canteen, I’d say northern will see it as a raging success.

Sad when it has come to the ability of their spin doctors to sell it as a success over the reality of what it was and how harmful it was to the kids. The number of kids I saw being taken from the courts in tears due to injuries and being rammed into walls etc was appalling

Over the 3 weeks I saw loads of kids who are the top talent in the program and should be the backbone of the 13s Jets but not one of them looked better on the small field than they did on full field over the last 3 years.
    Anyone basing decisions based on what they saw at the facility is joking themselves.

Also saw 2 clubs with one strong team one weaker team and the weaker team was always up against everyone's stronger teams and got pumped. Do they put the whole club in B division or split the teams across the 2 grades? Also one club in the other side of the 6 a side draw pumped everyone a thousand nil but didn't really play anyone? How do you grade that?
    I've no problem with NNSW trying something.i just don't think it worked.

All that aside even if it was brilliant id still be bitching because of that ****ing bottleneck trying to get out of the place.!!!!!!

Hope the kids enjoy their football from here on, and the parents help them enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Plague View Post
    Over the 3 weeks I saw loads of kids who are the top talent in the program and should be the backbone of the 13s Jets but not one of them looked better on the small field than they did on full field over the last 3 years.
    Anyone basing decisions based on what they saw at the facility is joking themselves.

Also saw 2 clubs with one strong team one weaker team and the weaker team was always up against everyone's stronger teams and got pumped. Do they put the whole club in B division or split the teams across the 2 grades? Also one club in the other side of the 6 a side draw pumped everyone a thousand nil but didn't really play anyone? How do you grade that?
    I've no problem with NNSW trying something.i just don't think it worked.

All that aside even if it was brilliant id still be bitching because of that ****ing bottleneck trying to get out of the place.!!!!!!

Hope the kids enjoy their football from here on, and the parents help them enjoy it.
    yep. wasn't really a valid assessment of the skill of a squad at all. I know we didn't win any games, but I also know those games would be much different on a proper field where you actually need skill with the ball to keep it on the field. was a waste of time. would rather have a 4 week "phase 1" draw where they think the teams will be and if it theres any games that show differently then they can move them in Phase 2 and again in phase 3. Its also pointless in the 11/12s not playing teams you will be playing in WPL / NPL because it doesn't give the club an accurate assessment of where they need to improve either.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    My thoughts as well. Rage cage, perfect description although many did try to play the right way. Id be happy to never see that again. Unless there's real policing of tackling into the wall. Not the game leaders fault either, we just need real enforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

To top it all off there are TSP trials next week for the 12s, 9v9. So what was the point of the last 3 weeks? Every week was long lines at the canteen, ridiculous parking, kids getting hurt and parents growing in frustration with the entire JDL set up. If it was suppose to be talent ID and grading what did they get out of it ? Obviously nothing if they’re still holding trials for kids the clubs put forward.

Great to see in the last week NNSWF fill the technical director & advisor roles.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

To top it all off there are TSP trials next week for the 12s, 9v9. So what was the point of the last 3 weeks? .
    The whole idea was to grade teams and identify talent. Appears they have done both albeit in a shambolic way. Better than just having clubs send a few lads in.

Hi Arsenal,

I went into the Fast5-6 trying to be positive but walked away feeling... meh. It just was... meh.

I liked that Northern have tried something new. I hope there is more innovation to come in the future.

A

To top it all off there are TSP trials next week for the 12s, 9v9. So what was the point of the last 3 weeks? Every week was long lines at the canteen, ridiculous parking, kids getting hurt and parents growing in frustration with the entire JDL set up. If it was suppose to be talent ID and grading what did they get out of it ? Obviously nothing if they’re still holding trials for kids the clubs put forward.
    Hey Arsenal

Can you say more about the TSP for 12s? Our club has not received anything from Northern about this.

I’m also surprised you mention the Fast5s included talent ID. Thought this was about team grading? 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

A

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The whole idea was to grade teams and identify talent. Appears they have done both albeit in a shambolic way. Better than just having clubs send a few lads in.
    Everyone seems to know this except our club!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Everyone seems to know this except our club!!
    tbh i didnt know that the 12s tsp trials were on so soon until i saw it above