Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

I believe we will see a trend of clubs starting to install washing machines, clothes dryers, ice machines/chest freezers and ice baths in their facilities. Some clubs already have some of these things. Which club(s) will lead the way?

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    My son is in his 4th year of SAP/JDL and needs to decide if he wants to chase an NPL spot next year.
    It's not that hard finding an NPL spot. You may have to change club but it's quite diluted up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Simple put if you don’t want to pay the $1000, go and play community soccer for a fraction of the costs. If you want to compare apples with apples. Otherwise stop whinging about seniors and how much goes where, reality is the seniors of today we’re juniors once and paid their way also..

Who really cares what it costs, it’s an individual decision if they want to pay it to play under those competitions then great if they don’t then play community.

Nothing worse then reading about people whinging about the cost vs other sports and about people wanting to throw stats about how many are going to be professionals etc

Or who’s kids do clinics or extra coaching outside of JDL/NPL because they think there kids are better 🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

At the end of the day, if a parent chooses to spend THEIR money to give THEIR child every opportunity to be the best they can be who are we to comment positively or negatively
    Depends where the $1000 is going. If half is going to 1st grade then its a farce for many. You obviously feel its fair.

You shouldnt have to pay first grade when you are trying to improve your OWN situation. Or next time when you go for a haircut, pay double so the 1st grade player gets a free cut. Money well spent hey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    It's not that hard finding an NPL spot. You may have to change club but it's quite diluted up here.

Depends where the $1000 is going. If half is going to 1st grade then its a farce for many. You obviously feel its fair.

You shouldnt have to pay first grade when you are trying to improve your OWN situation. Or next time when you go for a haircut, pay double so the 1st grade player gets a free cut. Money well spent hey.
    Some people make me laugh and Jim you’re one of them. You pay the fee the club you have chosen to play for charges, regardless of how they spend it you have the choice to leave.

I’m guessing you whinge and expect to have a say on how Woolworths and/or coles spend their profits for services/products provided ? Do you question the service station on how much they pay their employees and what share of their wage is payed by your purchase ?

Get on with it, pay the money and play for your club of choice or don’t it’s pretty simple ... just stop whinging about it

Some people make me laugh and Jim you’re one of them. You pay the fee the club you have chosen to play for charges, regardless of how they spend it you have the choice to leave.

I’m guessing you whinge and expect to have a say on how Woolworths and/or coles spend their profits for services/products provided ? Do you question the service station on how much they pay their employees and what share of their wage is payed by your purchase ?

Get on with it, pay the money and play for your club of choice or don’t it’s pretty simple ... just stop whinging about it
    Should these clubs be all about making a profit like Coles?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Should these clubs be all about making a profit like Coles?
    Exactly it, they’re not keeping and retaining massive profits. They’re trying to win comps and gain reputation to attract the next generation, people wether we agree or not like to be part of a winning culture.

Exactly it, they’re not keeping and retaining massive profits. They’re trying to win comps and gain reputation to attract the next generation, people wether we agree or not like to be part of a winning culture.
    You don't get that by just spending all your money on 1st grade players.

Furthermore, if they aren't about keeping and retaining profits your analogy about Coles doesn't work. And even if it did, players are members of the clubs so yes they should be able to have a say about spend. Your question regarding Coles and what they do is exactly what Shareholders do, ask questions and push for what they want to do with the money coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You don't get that by just spending all your money on 1st grade players.

Furthermore, if they aren't about keeping and retaining profits your analogy about Coles doesn't work. And even if it did, players are members of the clubs so yes they should be able to have a say about spend. Your question regarding Coles and what they do is exactly what Shareholders do, ask questions and push for what they want to do with the money coming in.
    Wow you really do live in fantasy land.

Players are like employees, if you want an opinion join the committee. You’ll soon realise not all the money gets spent on first grade and you’ll soon realise that the people making the decisions don’t care.

Simple fact if you don’t pay you don’t play.. get over it and move on princess
    Last edited by Take it easy; 09-04-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Wrong again. Shopping at Coles has nothing to do with hampering kids.

Answer my simple question or ill help you. you dont spend a cent on anyone else except for some stupid reason your happy to feed the seniors at the expense of the juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Wrong again. Shopping at Coles has nothing to do with hampering kids.

Answer my simple question or ill help you. you dont spend a cent on anyone else except for some stupid reason your happy to feed the seniors at the expense of the juniors.
    If it wasn’t for the seniors the juniors don’t exist. You’d be still in community football, so if that’s all you can afford go back and enjoy. Otherwise stop whinging or go to a club that has a good junior program if yours doesn’t, not rocket science but obviously above your comprehension skill set.

We’re talking about $1000 of which you’re complaining $300 (which is fictional in itself) goes to running the senior players .. seriously get over it ... lots of parents pay double and triple that for their child’s development because that’s what their child loves and they give them every opportunity to be the best version of themselves they can be..

$300 mate not $30000
    Last edited by Take it easy; 09-04-2021 at 09:01 PM.

I think Aldi do the most for youth football.

If it wasn’t for the seniors the juniors don’t exist. You’d be still in community football, so if that’s all you can afford go back and enjoy. Otherwise stop whinging or go to a club that has a good junior program if yours doesn’t, not rocket science but obviously above your comprehension skill set.

We’re talking about $1000 of which you’re complaining $300 (which is fictional in itself) goes to running the senior players .. seriously get over it ... lots of parents pay double and triple that for their child’s development because that’s what their child loves and they give them every opportunity to be the best version of themselves they can be..

$300 mate not $30000
    You literally have NFI Easy your analogies are fictional. How would you like to be a Lake Macquarie City junior who have just signed 4 players who are on the other side of 35 + Cowburn all on $$$$ at club who have no chance of winning the competition. What message does that send to all the parents forking out $$$ and how does that possibly encourage the development of their players through the JDL and NPL youth systems? Get it through your thick skull the current system is broken and has been for sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    You literally have NFI Easy your analogies are fictional. How would you like to be a Lake Macquarie City junior who have just signed 4 players who are on the other side of 35 + Cowburn all on $$$$ at club who have no chance of winning the competition. What message does that send to all the parents forking out $$$ and how does that possibly encourage the development of their players through the JDL and NPL youth systems? Get it through your thick skull the current system is broken and has been for sometime.
    Seriously what don’t you idiots get??

If you don’t like it don’t pay, simple .... Lake Mac or Toronto have always been a basket case for 20 plus years, if you want development why would you go there in the first place ??

At least with a bunch of 35+ they have given the club some hope of being competitive and not a total basket case...

The current system is 4 years old and was and always will be about revenue raising to keep the premier clubs viable and it’s the first year the JDL and NPL have actually linked and you guys are the experts saying it’s broken already 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️. It’s the first time a club has had the ability to accelerate plays in ages groups from 9s all the way through to 18s.
    How can that be a bad thing ?

Let’s face it, the reason private academy’s and coaching clinics and coaches exist is purely to make money. When you take your rose coloured glasses off and take your head out of your arses, Wether we agree or not it is what it is, you have a choice pay and play or don’t

Lake Mac is your example you used for seniors but at least they also invested in a new TD, again wether you like him or not the club has invested in someone to develop the club

I still would love to understand your logic on the $300 you all whinge about going to seniors, how you come to that figure ?

You say $1000 rego per player and 30% is used for first grade, I think if you understood the real costs associated of running clubs you’d be kidding yourself

Do some simple math, The NPL club I’m involved with offers 4.5hrs of training a week for min 36weeks a year they play minimum 22 games a year plus trials so if we add that together it’s around 195hrs of time for my child so if you take your full $1000 you all whinge about is $5 an hour expensive ??? Maybe for some but they’re probably the blokes that skip their shout at the pub or tell you to BYO meat to their BBQ for their kids birthday and still expect a present ... oh wait then you get your full kit, nnsw fees paid, etc

Let’s be serious guys and get behind clubs instead of bagging them out, ASK yourself what have I contributed to make the club a better place instead of whinging about who signed who and for what
    Last edited by Take it easy; 10-04-2021 at 01:56 AM.

Seriously what don’t you idiots get??

If you don’t like it don’t pay, simple .... Lake Mac or Toronto have always been a basket case for 20 plus years, if you want development why would you go there in the first place ??

At least with a bunch of 35+ they have given the club some hope of being competitive and not a total basket case...

The current system is 4 years old and was and always will be about revenue raising to keep the premier clubs viable and it’s the first year the JDL and NPL have actually linked and you guys are the experts saying it’s broken already ��*♂️��*♂️. It’s the first time a club has had the ability to accelerate plays in ages groups from 9s all the way through to 18s.
    How can that be a bad thing ?

Let’s face it, the reason private academy’s and coaching clinics and coaches exist is purely to make money. When you take your rose coloured glasses off and take your head out of your arses, Wether we agree or not it is what it is, you have a choice pay and play or don’t

Lake Mac is your example you used for seniors but at least they also invested in a new TD, again wether you like him or not the club has invested in someone to develop the club

I still would love to understand your logic on the $300 you all whinge about going to seniors, how you come to that figure ?

You say $1000 rego per player and 30% is used for first grade, I think if you understood the real costs associated of running clubs you’d be kidding yourself

Do some simple math, The NPL club I’m involved with offers 4.5hrs of training a week for min 36weeks a year they play minimum 22 games a year plus trials so if we add that together it’s around 195hrs of time for my child so if you take your full $1000 you all whinge about is $5 an hour expensive ??? Maybe for some but they’re probably the blokes that skip their shout at the pub or tell you to BYO meat to their BBQ for their kids birthday and still expect a present ... oh wait then you get your full kit, nnsw fees paid, etc

Let’s be serious guys and get behind clubs instead of bagging them out, ASK yourself what have I contributed to make the club a better place instead of whinging about who signed who and for what
    Well said, it’s all about choices. Want to play community football pay rego fees $200 plus, play NPL then it’s $1,000 plus, want private coaching pay $60/hr plus.

Football clubs are not for profit organisations, most clubs struggle to break even at the end of the season

Each to their own.
    Clubs operate differently and have different coaching, facilities, cost, ideology, different levels of respect for youth and other factors. All the clubs are different and whether they like it or not, they develop a reputation.
    You know the clubs that you think are taking parents for a ride, you know the clubs that offer a good solid program, we know the clubs that don’t care much for youth and are just ticking a box, we know which clubs are “well run” and have pathways from SAP to First grade if you’re good enough. What clubs do and stand for is developed over time. When you sign for a club, you make a decision based on things you know and anybody around the scene knows somebody who has an experience with every club, it’s easy to get the “inside goss” on what a club is like. So you make a decision. If you want to pay club A your moneys, you do it. If you don’t agree with how they operate, you can give them your money and whinge or take your money and child elsewhere. Clubs that will suffer are those that don’t operate well, as news gets around and people will choose to avoid.
    You make your choice.

In terms of fees. I’ll just say that not everyone is in a financial position to pay this type of money for a sport. Not everyone comes from a family who understand the way the code works at the moment or is fully across it. (My first year of NBN was $400 for everything, and the next club was 350). You’d be surprised how many juniors and parents new to sporting world don’t know about elite competitions until it’s “too late”. Growing up, my parents just assumed NBN was where the better All Age players were. Anyway. I do believe or sincerely hope that if there were any genuine cases of parents not being able to afford their child rego and fees, that clubs would help out. It takes a lot for somebody to ask for financial help and state they can’t afford it. If there are clubs who wouldn’t subsidise or have payment plans or something in place for the odd child who unfortunately couldn’t afford it, then I don’t think you’d want to be part of that club anyway.

Yes, there are higher costs involved with elite competition, you choose your club, if you don’t like how a club operates go elsewhere and take your money with you, clubs will soon realise and change, or prey on those whose parents are desperate to have their child play elite but maybe not good enough to get in elsewhere.
    No, fees shouldn’t stop a talented or even aspiring player from playing. I’d honestly be pretty shocked and disgusted if a child was selected for a club and their parents genuinely weren’t able to afford it, and the club refused to help out in some way.

Saw the 16s Adamstown Charlestown NPL yesterday. Lads tried hard on both sides. Could have gone either way, buds nicked it 1-0.

Seemed a little scrappy for the main maybe due to the effort of both defences. Some of the players were a bit tentative at times and appeared out of their depth which makes me wonder about the depth of the whole comp. The Carlie coach or assistant was very calm during the after team talk to the point where im wondering about how concerned they really are about development. Not putting down these gentlemen down as it's a big job and they ensured a nice positive tone just wondering how serious we are at this level. Maybe they are just playing for fun which is fine.
    Last edited by Jim; 11-04-2021 at 08:17 AM.

Some interesting results over the weekend across all age groups...

Hamilton seem to have a field day in maitland with only Maitland 13s showing up for the contest

Broadmeadow had a day out against Valo

Jaffas won all 4 age groups against Weston

How is everyone seeing their early predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Johnno View Post
    what the F do you know about city? How about you don't comment on a club you know nothing about, you don't know what the parents or committee think you have no idea about their youth developing either. They have probably one of the THE most qualified youth technical directors, and smart coaches that were interesting in actually learning to coach would want all the knowledge he has.

sick to death of people with NFI commenting on youth development. Leave it to the people who actually know and care.
    Last edited by KITZ; 12-04-2021 at 12:48 PM.

How is everyone seeing their early predictions
    Back on 10/3 I put my predictions in (see thread) and for those who don’t remember I placed the teams in ALPHABETICAL order not RANK order.

U13s - Broadmeadow, Edgeworth, Lambton, Maitland
    U14s - Edgeworth, Maitland, Mid Coast, Olympic
    U15s - Edgeworth, Maitland, Olympic , Valentine
    U16s - Edgeworth, Lambton, Maitland, Olympic

I still think I am tracking well except think I might have missed the mark with Maitland (14s, 15s and 16s) and Valo in 15s. Azzurri are currently high on youth tables but haven’t played the stronger clubs yet.

Have to agree, with the exception of Maitland you're tracking well. I haven’t been to see as many games as I what I would have liked but will hopefully get to see some of the better teams clash... any individual teams you’ve seen that were a good watch ?

Wow you really do live in fantasy land.

Players are like employees, if you want an opinion join the committee. You’ll soon realise not all the money gets spent on first grade and you’ll soon realise that the people making the decisions don’t care.

Simple fact if you don’t pay you don’t play.. get over it and move on princess
    You've got it wrong parents aren't like employees and even if they are then you analogy falls over as well.

I'm at a club where the money is detailed and we see where it goes. Just pointing out that you trying to explain how it works is nothing but a load of shit and make me think you don't understand how clubs can work, or even how business works when you tried to make an analogy between Coles and it collapsed straight away