Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Zone League 3 thread

Good win by Lakes in FFA cup, I think they will be one of top 2-3 teams to beat this year. Especially given they have a fair few of last year's Toronto Northern League One First grade team I'm hearing.
    Not taking too much out of Muswellbrook's loss. Monday night trip from the valley difficult especially against a good side.

How many players allowed on bench for reserves in ZL3?????

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    How many players allowed on bench for reserves in ZL3?????
    sheet has 5 spots but can only use 15 players, so technically 4, its the same as 3rds in ZPL, ZL1 and reggies in ZL2?

West Wallsend v Cardiff City
    Firsts 3-2 west Wallsend, Game of 2 halves. Cardiff were up 2-0 with 20 minutes to go. West Wallsend stormed home for a deserving win.

Reserves
    West Wallsend 5-3
    Again, Cardiff were up 3-2. But the West Wallsend striker was the difference scoring 4 goals

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    West Wallsend v Cardiff City
    Firsts 3-2 west Wallsend, Game of 2 halves. Cardiff were up 2-0 with 20 minutes to go. West Wallsend stormed home for a deserving win.

Reserves
    West Wallsend 5-3
    Again, Cardiff were up 3-2. But the West Wallsend striker was the difference scoring 4 goals
    Great effort last night for the Tigers, considering 3 weeks ago we still weren't sure if we would have a team.

Lakes vs Charlestown:
    Firsts 4-2 Lakes
    Ressies 4-1 Charlestown

Muswellbrook vs Morisset

Firsts 7-1 Muswellbrook
    Reserves 5-3 Muswellbrook

Feel sorry for the Morisset boys.
    They asked us late Friday if we could change to our field because theirs was still water logged.
    Then had to travel to Mussy with a small amount of players playing both grades.

Some piss poor refereeing handed down to both sides saw the most amount of cards I've ever seen in a game, including two for players "entering the pitch without permission" when the sideline ref had already taken sub numbers and told them to go on at that stoppage.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    Feel sorry for the Morisset boys.
    They asked us late Friday if we could change to our field because theirs was still water logged.
    Then had to travel to Mussy with a small amount of players playing both grades.

Some piss poor refereeing handed down to both sides saw the most amount of cards I've ever seen in a game, including two for players "entering the pitch without permission" when the sideline ref had already taken sub numbers and told them to go on at that stoppage.
    Great to see Mus Vegas back in the fray of Zone Leagues. Usually an interesting day up the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Great to see Mus Vegas back in the fray of Zone Leagues. Usually an interesting day up the valley.
    It's been a long time coming. Covid almost screwed the whole plan last year, and numbers were REALLY sketchy up until a month ago.

Pretty thankful to have some ridiculously talented 17 & 18 year olds on the books though.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer7654 View Post
    Lakes vs Charlestown:
    Firsts 4-2 Lakes
    Saw this game,Charlestown controled the game, up 2-0 at half time then mid way through second half 3 bad mistakes in the defense for Charlestown Left their keeper out to dry...Charlestown had the opprtunity to equlise with 10 to go and a stiker facing an epty net only had to pass the ball into the goal and decided to be a hero and blast the ball over the crossbar ... lakes 4th goal was an absolute disgrace... Lakes launched an attack with a through ball into the Charlestown box, The keeper came flying out to collect and a lakes forward ran flatout at him not looking to pull out.. as the keeper collected the ball he went through the attacker and abloutley flattened him... ( no mallace) just a big colloisin the keeper realising the lakes guy was in serious troble kicked the ball to the side line and went to tend to the injured player... the ref never stopped the game and the lakes guys continued on and scored while the Carlestown keeper was attendint to Their Injured player...! an absolute disgrace poor form and lack of sportsmanship from Lakes..!!! I noticed the Keeper never shook any lakes peoples hand after the game and can't say I blame him..! a win first up for Lakes but poor form..!

Quote Originally Posted by Just a spectator View Post
    Saw this game,Charlestown controled the game, up 2-0 at half time then mid way through second half 3 bad mistakes in the defense for Charlestown Left their keeper out to dry...Charlestown had the opprtunity to equlise with 10 to go and a stiker facing an epty net only had to pass the ball into the goal and decided to be a hero and blast the ball over the crossbar ... lakes 4th goal was an absolute disgrace... Lakes launched an attack with a through ball into the Charlestown box, The keeper came flying out to collect and a lakes forward ran flatout at him not looking to pull out.. as the keeper collected the ball he went through the attacker and abloutley flattened him... ( no mallace) just a big colloisin the keeper realising the lakes guy was in serious troble kicked the ball to the side line and went to tend to the injured player... the ref never stopped the game and the lakes guys continued on and scored while the Carlestown keeper was attendint to Their Injured player...! an absolute disgrace poor form and lack of sportsmanship from Lakes..!!! I noticed the Keeper never shook any lakes peoples hand after the game and can't say I blame him..! a win first up for Lakes but poor form..!
    Look bud. When that incident occurred, the Charlestown team went on a counter attack when the Lakes players were screaming at the ref to stop the play. Luckily the Lakes defenders prevented Charlestown from scoring and then they went on the attack and scored. So in my books, that's a bit of karma for Charlestown not kicking it out
    Last edited by Homer7654; 12-04-2021 at 10:30 PM.

So "Just A Spectator" Clearly a one eyed Charlestown supporter.. I just happened to be down at the end that the incident happened. Youu forgot to mention that the Charlestown Keeper punted the ball ball down field for a Charlestown counter. When that fizzled out Lake returned fire. The fact that your keeper actually raised his knee and elbow into the lakes players without cause seems to have slipped your memory.. Maybe the old fart was feeling guilty.. In any case he needs to pay attention to the actual game... He stated that none of the lakes guys cared about the welfare of their own player... "yes I heard that" I'd suggest that Charlestown read the rule book... Physio's etc cannot enter the field until signalled by the ref. The ref didn't stop play so game on... Whinge all you like.. That goal made it 4-2, so not even the winner.
    Yes the Keeper didn't shake hands, and I expect better from someone of his advanced years.
    Last edited by bobwillis67; 12-04-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Glory Glory Lake Macquarie ������

Quote Originally Posted by bobwillis67 View Post
    So "Just A Spectator" Clearly a one eyed Charlestown supporter.. I just happened to be down at the end that the incident happened. Youu forgot to mention that the Charlestown Keeper punted the ball ball down field for a Charlestown counter. When that fizzled out Lake returned fire. The fact that your keeper actually raised his knee and elbow into the lakes players without cause seems to have slipped your memory.. Maybe the old fart was feeling guilty.. In any case he needs to pay attention to the actual game... He stated that none of the lakes guys cared about the welfare of their own player... "yes I heard that" I'd suggest that Charlestown read the rule book... Physio's etc cannot enter the field until signalled by the ref. The ref didn't stop play so game on... Whinge all you like.. That goal made it 4-2, so not even the winner.
    Yes the Keeper didn't shake hands, and I expect better from someone of his advanced years.
    No Not a Charlestown supporter as such I just know a couple of them ... the keeper kicked the ball towards the sideline... I was watching the incident from there so didn't realise the game went on, my bad thanks for clearing that up then...
    Are you serious though... a striker running flatout directly at the keeper with no intention to slow down or deviate with less than a 50?50 chance of getting the ball ... do you expect the keeper any keeper to not protect themself...? he was the second guy to run into him in that half maybe the young buck got what he deserved then if you want to go on.... I don't know about guilt but if someone is croaking they can't breathe any person with an ounce of human decency would try to help them, which the keeper did... and he was right to comment that the lakes guys had no concern for their injured player they didn't but I guarantee if an incident like that happens again he probably will let the dude lay there on his own... I'm not whinging at all Charlestown deseved to lose 3 major mistakes in their back line leaving the keeper exposed , they got what they deserved...! 4th goal still poor from.. Really I don't blame him especiallly after your comment earlier that instead of tending the lakes player he should have been watching the game ... what if the kid swallowed his tongue or worse you're a clown he did the right thing to make sure the kid was ok 4th goal was basically last kick of the game

Charlestown player here,

Id say a fair summary of the match would be Charlestown probably got the better of a fairly evenly contested first half with Lakes missing a couple of easy chances. Lakes began to take over through the midfield midway through the 2nd half where their younger legs started to show and in the end was the difference and the score line pretty well reflects the game.

As for the goal keeper incident, the only person to blame is the referee. keeper is 10 yards to the side tending to a downed opposition player, blow the whistle...

Firstly, you can't swallow your tongue, thanks for attending my Ted talk.

And from what I saw, Charlestown had the better of the encounter but really missed their first choice keeper since they basically defended well but made the mistake of conceding 4 shots in the second half.
    Well, 3, the last one was a farce. Imagine dogging your teammate because the other team didn't kick it out. Who needs enemies with friends like that.

Both teams have areas to improve, but if Charlie can stop leaking goals, they'll be close to top. Lakes are young and enthusiastic but that only gets you so far.

Lakes vs Medowie

Firsts 7-2
    Ressies 3-4
    Last edited by Homer7654; 17-04-2021 at 08:04 PM.

Kurri Kurri vs Muswellbrook

Firsts 0 - 1
    Res 2 - 3

Cardiff v Charlestown

Firsts 5-0 Charlestown
    Reserves 3-1 Charlestown