Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 NPL Youth Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Do you not understand it . The Jets had trials in October.
    Their keeper left in March so they needed a new keeper at the Jets and signed the Maitland 13's Keeper in MARCH . Not in October
    Once again....You have seriously been fed total bullshit.......the kid accepted the spot in October not March.

I love that this issue has overlapped to a second page

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Forever View Post
    Exactly. Feel sorry for U12 keeper not given opportunity. They also cut their keeper from last year U12 side.

Waited until February to start looking with ads on nnsw website and club FB page.

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/m...th-goalkeeper/
    Understand what everyone is saying but a very difficult situatipn and one that should be managed on a case by csde basis. The U12s GK Maitland is very small and putting a playing like that could destroy all confidence and GKare hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
    Understand what everyone is saying but a very difficult situatipn and one that should be managed on a case by csde basis. The U12s GK Maitland is very small and putting a playing like that could destroy all confidence and GKare hard to come by.
    The whole conversation is silly and way off on a tangent.

Their 14s keeper is new to this level of football as well, and I agree. I have seen some 12s play up but to be effective in NPL in a large goal, being able to distribute outside of the 18 yard box and actually do a goal kick are a big ask for a kid playing on a field that’s pretty much the size of an 18 yard box. Lol the games between JDL to NPL are almost on 2 different planets, especially for a goalkeeper. There’s a lot of preseason work that gets goalkeepers ready to move up onto a bigger field.

I won't rest easy until you release the birth certificates you cowards.
    First Obama, now this.

I cannot believe that an NPL youth team versing Maitland NPL youth 13s would even take consideration of the fact if thus said goalkeeper was indeed 13 or 14.

Stop losing focus on what matters and just let the kids play the game please.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    The whole conversation is silly and way off on a tangent.

Their 14s keeper is new to this level of football as well, and I agree. I have seen some 12s play up but to be effective in NPL in a large goal, being able to distribute outside of the 18 yard box and actually do a goal kick are a big ask for a kid playing on a field that’s pretty much the size of an 18 yard box. Lol the games between JDL to NPL are almost on 2 different planets, especially for a goalkeeper. There’s a lot of preseason work that gets goalkeepers ready to move up onto a bigger field.
    Well said , hats off mate. Common sense prevails
    Last edited by Take it easy; 08-05-2021 at 09:41 PM.

Q: what does …

U13s Magic
    U14s Edgy
    U15s Olympic all have in common?

A: They are the only youth teams who remain undefeated in season 2021.
    Last edited by Captain_Carl; 09-05-2021 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Q: what does …

U13s Magic
    U14s Edgy
    U15s Olympic all have in common?

A: They are the only youth teams who remain undefeated in season 2021.
    I watched the hyped Maitland 13s yesterday and they must have looked good against weaker teams but now they’ve played Magic and Jaffas they have lost both games. Not sure what the coach was trying to do yesterday. If you’re playing a strong team, wouldn’t you play your best side to start with ? Wasn’t until he went 2-0 down he went to his bench and brought on some quality and the game was then competitive ...

Looks like a race in 2 Jaffas and Magic for the 13s , looking forward to the round 1 rematch, will be Magic’s first loss this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    Looks like a race in 2 Jaffas and Magic for the 13s , looking forward to the round 1 rematch, will be Magic’s first loss this season.
    I thought the scoreline flattered Magic a bit yesterday vs Olympic.Their keeper had a couple or moments that any other day dont happen.Having said that Magic were the better team and have a couple of really smart footballers in there and one lad that is fantastic out wide.I have yet to see Jaffas in 13's so hopefully its a good match.Well done to the coaches and spectators as well, it was a really good atmosphere and there was no carry on from anyone.Just a good environment for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I thought it was a really good atmosphere and there was no carry on from anyone. Just a good environment for everyone.
    You obviously didn’t stay back and watch the 15s 😂

No.Obviously I spoke too soon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I thought the scoreline flattered Magic a bit yesterday vs Olympic.Their keeper had a couple or moments that any other day dont happen.Having said that Magic were the better team and have a couple of really smart footballers in there and one lad that is fantastic out wide.I have yet to see Jaffas in 13's so hopefully its a good match.Well done to the coaches and spectators as well, it was a really good atmosphere and there was no carry on from anyone.Just a good environment for everyone.
    Olympic’s 13s aren’t anywhere near the level of the older Olympic squads. They won’t make top4 and be lucky to make top 6.

Easily Jaffas and Magic are the top 2 followed by Edgy, Charlestown and maitland. Big gap to the rest in the 13s

You obviously didn’t stay back and watch the 15s 😂
    What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    What happened?
    Some interactions between a coach of one team, a president of another and parents of both. I don’t want to elaborate anymore because I believe ASIO are tracking me.

Some interactions between a coach of one team, a president of another and parents of both. I don’t want to elaborate anymore because I believe ASIO are tracking me.
    Tragic Preso got a kid in the 15s. Him an his army got real noisy when they got beat. Hamilton players and coaches giving it loads when they score last goal. Big LOLZ.

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Tragic Preso got a kid in the 15s. Him an his army got real noisy when they got beat. Hamilton players and coaches giving it loads when they score last goal. Big LOLZ.
    Sounds like what an Olympic Magic game should be.

I'm not sure you should be throwing rocks in that glass house. Edgeworth 14's were pretty horrid to each other during the warm up on Saturday. and then in the second half when they couldn't score against city I heard from players on the field the longer they went without a goal the more they broke down and started yelling and abusing each other. I mean what on earth is the point of that - maybe losing a game would be in their best interests to learn something.

Goes to show that resilience is more important than a lot of people like to think and maybe for those teams to lose some points - or a game every now and then would do them some good. Nothing wrong with a bit of humility you know. Theres always someone in the world thats better, and those at the top of the ladder regularly go to Sydney and get it handed to them :shrug:

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I'm not sure you should be throwing rocks in that glass house. Edgeworth 14's were pretty horrid to each other during the warm up on Saturday. and then in the second half when they couldn't score against city I heard from players on the field the longer they went without a goal the more they broke down and started yelling and abusing each other. I mean what on earth is the point of that - maybe losing a game would be in their best interests to learn something.

Goes to show that resilience is more important than a lot of people like to think and maybe for those teams to lose some points - or a game every now and then would do them some good. Nothing wrong with a bit of humility you know. Theres always someone in the world thats better, and those at the top of the ladder regularly go to Sydney and get it handed to them :shrug:
    This is very subjective. What you class as yelling and abuse others may refer to it as having high expectations and being able to perform under pressure.

So far throughout out this website these players are not allowed to be shouted at by Parents, coaches and now their own players.

I would love someone to explain to me how these players can be held accountable for poor performances during and after games? and how this lack of mental resilience is going to hold them for senior football when coaches, players and supporters will be yelling and abusing them?

The fine line between demanding action and abuse. A raised voice has no positive for me. Clear instruction and training of behaviours prior to game is essential. then rework after every game.
    Has great results on many levels.