Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 National Premier League thread

Due to ill health this week I had to stay home i was unable to travel up to Maitland and watch the top of the table clash between the Maitland Magpies versing the Broadmeadow Magic.

What I terrible shame such an important fixture being played at such a time on a Friday evening.

To compound my evening the BarTV footage had no commentary which really does dilute somewhat the game on the BarTV coverage.

Very disappointing for most watching at home.

On the game itself I would say Maitland Magpies very deserving of the late goal to level the match and if pushed i would say the black and white of Maitland are probably the least happiest with the draw from the game .

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post
    Due to ill health this week I had to stay home i was unable to travel up to Maitland and watch the top of the table clash between the Maitland Magpies versing the Broadmeadow Magic.

What I terrible shame such an important fixture being played at such a time on a Friday evening.

To compound my evening the BarTV footage had no commentary which really does dilute somewhat the game on the BarTV coverage.

On the game itself I would say Maitland Magpies very deserving of the late goal to level the match and if pushed i would say the black and white of Maitland are probably the least happiest with the draw from the game .
    Did anyone see the reserve grade match. I was told the score was 7.1 to Maitland but I think they meant 7. 1 to Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Did anyone see the reserve grade match. I was told the score was 7.1 to Maitland but I think they meant 7. 1 to Magic
    Just checked on BarTv. Definitely 7-1 win to Maitland.

Quote Originally Posted by French Frogs View Post

Agree, maitland will be disappointed that they didn’t convert there chances in the first half and got punished.
    Maitland easily the better team in the first half. Magic slightly better in the second

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    Agree, maitland will be disappointed that they didn’t convert there chances in the first half and got punished.
    Maitland easily the better team in the first half. Magic slightly better in the second
    How were they punished if it was a 1.1 draw

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    What game were you watching, Maitland definitely the better team first half, could have been 2 or 3 nil at half time, Magic were the far better side in the second half and should of had 6, either way draw close to the mark, I would say Magic would be the most disappointed at 1-0 with 5min to go they were cruising.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    What game were you watching, Maitland definitely the better team first half, could have been 2 or 3 nil at half time, Magic were the far better side in the second half and should of had 6, either way draw close to the mark, I would say Magic would be the most disappointed at 1-0 with 5min to go they were cruising.
    Probably the same game as French Frogs.

Lakes 1 Valentine 1
    Weston 2 Olympic 2
    Olympic were 2 goals behind

Pretty fair quality game at Darling Street today played in a spirited nature from two teams trying to win I thought.

Edgy 3 Adamstown 0
    Jaffas 6 Azzurri 0
    Top 4 teams starting to open up a gap, although Olympic have a game in hand

Jaffas 6 Azzurri 0
    No wonder they turned the lights off at 1-1 last week

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    No wonder they turned the lights off at 1-1 last week
    What a flogging, however they did appear to be more competitive midweek in ffa cup against jaffas? Or did jaffas rest players?

Got lucky vs Weston and played terrible with players noticeably unhappy, you could see this watching the game.

They play valentine this week and will be make or break for the coach I reckon.

Jaffas 3 Weston 1
    Maitland 2 Edgeworth 1
    Olympic 2 Adamstown 2
    Azzurri 3 Valentine 0
    Magic 4 Lakes 1

Jaffas 3 Weston 1
    Maitland 2 Edgeworth 1
    Olympic 2 Adamstown 2
    Azzurri 3 Valentine 0
    Magic 4 Lakes 1
    Maitland 2-2 Edgeworth
    Olympic 3-1 Adamstown
    Azzurri 1-1 Valentine
    Magic 2-1 Lakes

Maitland 2-2 Edgeworth
    Olympic 3-1 Adamstown
    Azzurri 1-1 Valentine
    Magic 2-1 Lakes
    Jaffa’s 3-1 Westin

Jaffa’s 3-1 Westin
    Weston

Weston
    Thank you for your service

Buds 2-0 Olympic , really good win for the buds . Deserved 3 points in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by John23 View Post
    Buds 2-0 Olympic , really good win for the buds . Deserved 3 points in my opinion
    Bad day for Olympic all round

I made a comment that Adamstown Rosebud would beat one of the so called big teams this year. The Buds turned around a 6-2 loss from the first round and are improving every game. The Buds are coming!