Page 174 of 178 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 3559

Thread: L-I-V-E-R-P-Double O-L Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    So conflicted with offside and VAR.
    part of me wants a refs call type thing, where the lines are thicker/greater margin of error. To minimise these mm calls.
    The other side, offside is reasonably objective, and with the money and technology these clubs and leagues have, you have to trust that their technology is accurate and the people doing the callipers are doing so to the law. Eg where they put the marker on Lukaku.
    I mean that and if a ball crosses the line are some of the only objective aspects of the game. We’ve had our fair share of mm calls go against us, and for us, over the years. If it’s off, it’s off.

I’m curious if VVD gets called if he is either onside or doesn’t commit the ‘foul’. For me, it’s the fact he’s both that they’ve hedged their bets. If that’s a foul, so is every corner one way or another. If he’s judged to be offside and legally impacts James, I can deal with that.

And I agree, Keita was 50/50. Can’t argue with a red there. We see it all the time. Saw it at Euros. I think common sense prevailed though with the decision. Neither team seemed too bothered by the decision imo.

Both teams created the whole game. Mount should’ve had a brace and trophy in the bag. mendy was superb. Both teams dominated periods of play.
    Again, one of the better games I’ve seen in a while. And I’d say that if Chelsea won too.
    Agree with everything. Mounts second miss was disgusting

Loving what Diaz brings to this team. Instant impact. Such good recruitment being able to bring in a relatively untested player and have him fit in like he has done.
    Our front stocks suddenly look well equipped with Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz offering similar games. Firmino and Origi can offer something different. And Minamino playing his part.

Just midfield that we could do with some flexibility/creativity when things aren’t working.

Agent Lallana
    1 sub down, 2 to go.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Loving what Diaz brings to this team. Instant impact. Such good recruitment being able to bring in a relatively untested player and have him fit in like he has done.
    Our front stocks suddenly look well equipped with Salah, Mane, Jota, Diaz offering similar games. Firmino and Origi can offer something different. And Minamino playing his part.

Just midfield that we could do with some flexibility/creativity when things aren’t working.
    He got the ball rolling tonight with a brave header.
    Thoughts on Sanchez? I've seen 'em sent for that...or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    He got the ball rolling tonight with a brave header.
    Thoughts on Sanchez? I've seen 'em sent for that...or less.
    I’m trying to figure out what went on here.
    The options are a) no foul. Which I don’t get. If Sanchez gets there first, and Diaz comes through like that, he’s off surely.

B) some twisted interpretation of the double jeopardy rules. I’m assuming the ref didn’t issue a yellow card even?! So he’s collected the player, foul and punishment. But as it’s a “legitimate attempt at playing the ball/making a save” he can’t be pen and red card. So pen is the decision. Okay advantage…. Goal. No need for pen. I can’t even follow this logic. But surely if the shot goes wide, he’s sent off and/or pen.

No idea how it’s not a yellow though.

Thiago and Jota weren't very effective for a large part of the game before BOOM, that pass from one to the other for the opener.

There's a camera angle from behind for Bobby's goal: threaded through the eye of a Ramsdale needle.
    You get lucky sometimes.

Soz for the late notice Kopietes. Just found this out late this arvo.

The N'cle Hotel (opposite ISP on Maitland Rd) is showing the Watford game tonight.
    I'm not sure if they're trying to promote the pub as an EPL venue in general or if it's just something OLSC Newcastle organises for LFC games only.
    I'll know more after tonight.
    Up the Reds!

I'm out the door now!!

City should have burried that game in the first half.
    We looked terrible. But to be fair, their pressure was forcing half of those errors.

Thought TAA had a shocking first half (plays Jesus and doesn’t chase him for his goal too), and Fabinho was poor today. Mainly distribution. Lots of cheap turnovers. First half city were able to turn any 50/50 ball or intercept chance into possession. We struggled to get hold of the ball and keep it when we forced a turnover or intercept.

I think we are pretty lucky we went down very early. We played better when we conceded and were chasing the game. Second half was a big improvement. Probably unfortunate that we didn’t snatch the lead at one point.
    The pace of foden, Jesus and Sterling really troubled us trying to play a high line. We easily manage to nullify a speedy winger or attacker, but 3 across the front poses us the challenge we present to most teams.

I’m torn with how to feel about the result.
    A draw probably fair. They created a lot of chances, but a deflected goal and Jesus being one of about 5 city players to be onside with a recycled cross seem like lucky goals. Sterlings offside was well worked and I’d prefer to count that as a goal. We got lucky there.

Regardless, another great City V Liverpool battle. Always 2 attacking teams going head to head. I don’t think a win to us gives us the title. We still have another loss in us. It’s better this way haha.

Thiago is an absolute baller.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Frankly Wankey and the dark arts.
    Enjoy the Championship lads!

"Just play Divock Origi and he will score"

Luis Diaz's first touch control for the cross field pass from TAA on 63 mins was absolute filth
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Luis Diaz's first touch control for the cross field pass from TAA on 63 mins was absolute filth

FA Cup final is touted at Broadmeadow Magic's function room.
    OSLC Newcastle is looking for the numbers to justify Magic opening.
    I saw a poster on the page saying the function would run from 7:30pm right through to 4:30am!
    Big night!

Show your interest here or intention to attend.
    https://fb.me/e/4XQLXQ2G7

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Klopp contact extension to 2026

Best news in years

It’s hard to fathom losing 2 games in a season, and not winning the title.
    Such is the ridiculous nature of City’s performances in this Guardiola era.

Thoughts on Mane’s challenge?
    Feel like I’ve seen the same contact on field players given reds, with or without VAR intervention.
    Studs make contact with the knee. Maybe the perceived lack of malice or force saved him.

And Milner holds no prisoners with his challenges does he.

I keep forgetting to turn LiveScore notifications off, but I was a tad confused when I was notified Mane scored wonder if that admin has had a bit of a call from HR this morning.

Feel like I’ve seen the same contact on field players given reds, with or without VAR intervention.
    Studs make contact with the knee. Maybe the perceived lack of malice or force saved him.

I keep forgetting to turn LiveScore notifications off, but I was a tad confused when I was notified Mane scored wonder if that admin has had a bit of a call from HR this morning.
    I often refer to Milner when he comes on later in games as 'The Enforcer'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l83fziKTxUw
    (Click video link. Chucked a wobbly embedding it)

0.31"
    That roll by Schär however which had the Geordies all up in arms is ****ing cringeworthy.
    Maybe he rolled something in the fall but Milner definitely gets to the ball first and if anything,
    Milner is the one who cops his boot in the back of his heel and Schär in his fall rolls a shin on Milner's calf.
    Must be built like a delicate Swiss watch, young mate.

Thank fk Naby kept his head (My MotM) at the crucial moment because the number of times members of the front 3 had a simple square the ball option
    and elected to shoot was dong my head in. Loved how the defenders parted like 'The Red sea' for Naby to score though.
    It's almost comical in slo-mo.

Players rested for Villareal.

Tottenham is the next potential banana skin.
    4:45am Sun 8th. Reckon that will be on at Ka-fey.
    Big Jules was at the Newcastle Hotel last night.
    Last edited by Retro Jet; 01-05-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Banned

How Mane didn't get sent off for that is a disgrace
    It was late, high ,studs up,made contact
    Don't know what the ref missed with it

Malice or intent is irrelevant. That is the type of challenge that should see red every day of the week

Doing it again...the hard way. 🤪

Where was Kepa?

Thought we bossed the opening 20-25. Unlucky not to be up.
    Chelsea came back into it, and had their chances. They were unlucky not to score too. Lukaku baffles me as a footballer. He has moments you’d not associate with somebody of his physique, then also has moments where he lumbers around and doesn’t look like he’d look out of place in an Akinfenwa 11.

For the neutral there were some very end to end exciting periods. Interspersed with some very tame periods.

Penalty roulette.
    Salah wishing Mane missed a few weeks ago.
    Unlucky Mr Mount, not in the corner enough. mendy a few finger exercises away from stopping Firmino’s hit. Nice to see Jorginho change his hop skip routine. Looks much more convincing.

Can go either way. Enjoy this one, cause we sure as hell are gonna lose a more important pen shootout to Chelsea at some point.

Banned
    Liverpool gonna put in a request to the EPL overlords to bring in penalty shootouts after games

Seems about the only way they can win trophies because they don't win them by winning matches

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Liverpool gonna put in a request to the EPL overlords to bring in penalty shootouts after games

Seems about the only way they can win trophies because they don't win them by winning matches
    Lol